Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More rabbit holes?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2019
    Yeah would be nice. I want them for the same reason :D Too many sims are hard to handle and it's nice to send them away for a while and when they get back they have nice moodlets or bring something along with them. Talking about the mod.

It's especially nice for kids. As they do have a bit limited gameplay right now.

edit: as for the problem in this thread... many sims are fine if they all have an activity but not all of them always have something to do. Especially as in my gameplay, legacy, I only ever really concentrate on my heir/heiress but I do keep some siblings around for stpry purposes cause I don't wanna move everyone out when they're just a baby. I'm not trying to run a baby making machine kinda game :D I want it to make sense. But don't always have the interest in spares.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I want less rabbit holes.

I want less rabbit holes too, I hate them. I wouldn’t mind if there was an option to choose rabbit hole or not rabbit hole, like the active jobs in GTW. I was so disappointed to find out the concert was a rabbit hole and things like that.
  • Options
    TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Sigzy05 @KayeStar Stop arguing please. Lets keep this civil.
    All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I understand that sometimes it sucks when there are rabbit holes because some of these things would be fun to watch happen. However, I recognize there is a limit on how much can be programmed into the game before it becomes so overloaded it becomes nearly unplayable.

Hence Sims 3 towards the end became very bloated and it became difficult for some people to play so EA had to build in a function to literally "turn off" packs to minimize the bloat. It got to the point were my laptop could no longer handle running the game.

With my idea it would give more game play and storytelling options without adding to much extra bloat as it would be almost entirely text.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I get what your saying. Sometimes I feel relieved when my kids go to school and I dont want to follow them. But I love big households so I can totally relate to this.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited July 2019
    TayoChan wrote: »
    Hence Sims 3 towards the end became very bloated and it became difficult for some people to play so EA had to build in a function to literally "turn off" packs to minimize the bloat. It got to the point were my laptop could no longer handle running the game.
    I'm unsure how true it is, but I once read Sims 3 being 32-bit may have contributed that. Supposedly, the game just had much more than 4 GB of RAM at max could run.

Personally, I can run the game fine with all packs installed, but I do get irritated at the empty/dead cars and boats I see everywhere, and I don't know if Overwatch gets rid of the boats.
    latest?cb=20140301233123
    "Hai!"
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I'm unsure how true it is, but I once read Sims 3 being 32-bit may have contributed that. Supposedly, the game just had much more than 4 GB of RAM at max could run.

Personally, I can run the game fine with all packs installed, but I do get irritated at the empty/dead cars and boats I see everywhere, and I don't know if Overwatch gets rid of the boats.
    latest?cb=20140301233123
    "Hai!"

I wish we had some of Twallans mods . Overwatch is for ts3
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited July 2019
    KayeStar wrote: »

I wish we had some of Twallans mods . Overwatch is for ts3
    Agreed! MC Command Center is okay for what it is, but Twallan's were the very best!

(The creator of MCCC also blames any problems with his mod on other creators and leads his followers to gang up on others. :/)
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    latest?cb=20140301233123
    "Hai!"
    zbp2laF.gif
    ~Thanks~
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    For me having optional rabbit holes would make playing larger households a bit easier.

I prefer having one or two sims but every now and then I like to try my hand at having a family and playing a large household is hard work.

I would like to see there being options for coming back with good and bad buffs. It should be a little bit interesting to send them out.

Could my sims pay to have a dog walker that would be great.

I like the idea of playing a family for story. Now I sometimes split the household in two in order to have a break. Mom takes the girls to Oasis Springs for a week since she gets to “borrow” a house from friends.

I can make life easier for myself by doing this. A part time job for one of the elders would be good to so I hope they can do that.

Optional rabbit holes falls under “it would be useful” but I would not say that I need it desperately, that is reserved for more occult-sims and other things.
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2019
    Id love to be able to catch up on what all my sims are doing if I want to. Its not as easy with the loading screens but it would be nice to send them lets say to a baseball game and if you want you can load up a lot like the secret lots or hospital that has a stadium and a baseball game going on. Id like more events where they get to go places somewhat spontaneously like rabbit holes so its better than nothing but I get so disappointed when I don't have the choice to go with em. It could add so many more build opportunities too.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,737 Member
    edited July 2019
    I would not mind rabbit holes as a way to have my sims have more to do while I am away on another lot, like more away actions. It is a good way to not have your sims stand idle on a lot and do nothing while you are playing someone else.

I would not, however, want to have rabbit holes as solutions to have stuff to do while I am at home with my household though. Rabbit holes are too often just used as poor solutions for features that people want to do in the game. They are nothing more than your sim, standing invisible on the lot followed by some text where we are supposed to pretend that our sim is doing something.
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    If it's only rabbit holes I'd pass. But if these activities can be both, meaning I can actively visit that lot with my sim and be there with them as they're doing whatever and have the option to also just send them there on their own, kind of like get to work, join or send alone, then I'd love the addition of more activities like that. I often feel like rabbit holes have no impact. Sure a few messages pop up telling me what they found or the moodlet tells me my sim is stressed or something but it still feels like if I didn't send my sim to that rabbit hole it wouldn't make any difference.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Definitely think these kind of rabbit holes are great.
    Especially if you get skill gain or long lasting moodlets out of them.
    Like a Geek sim being hyped for 2 days or something after watching a superhero movie in a theater or getting a skill boost in logic if you go play golf...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Lets cool it a bit in here please, things were getting a bit too heated and personal. I've removed some posts, let's keep it civil and polite please.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Or sending the kids off to a relatives house, there already too much with making messes in my game lol
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    No to more rabbit holes. I wanted to take my sim scuba diving but instead I got a rabbit hole. I want to play golf with my sim not have a rabbit hole. If they put an amusement park in the game, I don't want it to be a rabbit hole.

If the sims are in your hair, make a small room or a basement, put a TV in and have them watch it.