Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do CAS stories seem useless?

Comments

• Options
    kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Yes

Although I like this feature, I’m sure that people will get tired of those questions very soon.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    No
    To me it seems like a great addition. I will not be using it all the time, but I will be using it. It reminds of SimCity, where you can start of with a blank slate or with a scenario. And it gives you the possibility to influence the scenario you start out with by giving you a little quiz. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes because of the question: the STORIES seems useless. The "beginner's quiz" thing? Sure, if you don't want / don't know how create a Sim... why not. Makes it easier to do say a "Random challenge family" or something.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    No
    When I watched the stream I thought it was weird to do the quiz before the appearance or even the sex of the sim, but at least this way we can start again if we dislike the result, without losing the appearance.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    No
    Do we know if the quiz affect sims created in the creative a relative tool, or is it soley for sims created entirely from scratch? Just wondering how it will work if I create adult siblings.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    No
    I love the idea, especially for making adult and elder sims. It's the most annoying thing to make a middle-age sim who starts off with no skills and no career history, like they've been living in a bubble for 40 years. It's such a chore to decide and then cheat in all of the personality and life experience they should have. So this feature will be very useful for me.

I hope it will also take into account an imagined childhood, like giving the gifted traits they might have earned from childhood aspirations, or if you have parenthood installed, maybe some character traits they would have earned from aging up to adulthood.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    No
    I'm excited for it! Not necessarily for main Sims but when I need some side characters or feel like creating some interesting townies this can help speed up the process.

It's something different and I always love when the team tries something new. Also it's optional so if you don't want to use it, you don't have too.
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    No
    I think it adds a cool feature to the game. I can't wait to try it and see what happens, I think it will be fun to play around with :D
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Yes
    I’m over it. Biographies, turn ons and offs, favorites, attraction system... all would’ve been better.

It’s a good feature for the simmers who want this.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes because of the question: the STORIES seems useless.

I think a lot of people are focusing on using it for creating interesting townies which is totally fine. To me, the stories are useless in that they don't add anything to your Sims. A couple skill points and a potential career just doesn't seem like a big deal but I guess it is for a lot of simmers. I just don't get the purpose of it I guess... haha
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yes
    It's much more direct, and faster, to make your own choices from the get go Many of the questions shown I find irrelevant to sim making, and in any case there were not enough options. Again, EA deciding what sort of sims we should make and nudging us along in that direction. We need more layers of what makes a sim a sim, not yet another way to stir a shallow puddle.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Yes
    Not going to make a whit of difference to me, except for the chance that it'll make another aspect of the game buggier! :lol: I would much rather the devs had spent time working on new gameplay, please and thank you! I'd like my sims to be able to do more things; for me that'd be far more valuable. YMMV. :wink:
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    No
    I love it actually. When I create a sim I usually end up choosing the same things, so the recent randomize button was a little of what I needed to go for traits I never use. But there was no chance to randomize aspirations in game. And this Cas Stories sounds great. It randomizes everything and even gives a few skills, starting funds and a job. It's a great way to get out of my own comfort zone and play the job that was given via cas stories because as everything else I tend to go for the same things xD
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Yes
    We need more layers of what makes a sim a sim, not yet another way to stir a shallow puddle.

This is exactly how I feel!
  • Options
    HoneyPieSugerPlumHoneyPieSugerPlum Posts: 43 Member
    No
    I think it is a good addition for those who tend to get stuck in a bit of a rut and find themselves using a small combination of the the same few traits and aspirations. I tend to use the same traits and aspirations and if I use the randomiser still changing the traits to my usual ones.
    [/]Working Hard is Important, but there is something that matters more: Believing in your self.-Harry Potter HPOTP
    [/]Always Believe you can reach the star and you will
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    No
    I think it's going to be a fun feature to play around with. The only thing I wish, we could pick to do it before or after creating the sim. Most times, who my sim is doesn't come to me until I'm actually creating them. So as I make them, their story starts to develop in my mind. So I'd prefer to be able to do the sim stories after creating my sim.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Yes
    We need more layers of what makes a sim a sim, not yet another way to stir a shallow puddle.

This is exactly how I feel!

Seconded...
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    No
    sofasim wrote: »
    I love it actually. When I create a sim I usually end up choosing the same things, so the recent randomize button was a little of what I needed to go for traits I never use. But there was no chance to randomize aspirations in game. And this Cas Stories sounds great. It randomizes everything and even gives a few skills, starting funds and a job. It's a great way to get out of my own comfort zone and play the job that was given via cas stories because as everything else I tend to go for the same things xD

This is exactly why I can't wait for Cas Stories! I probably won't use it every time I create a new Sim, but I think I'll use it a lot. Very excited! :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Yes
    How about releasing that patch that sets default Feeling to Fine instead of Happy? Would suddenly make the Feelings system more relevant since you MIGHT have to do something more to make your fresh widower go into the room with the expensive stereo to make him happy...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2019
    No
    It will be good for those Simmers who want to use it and at least you can still use the prior CAS like he said. I personally prefer the CAS as it is. Yet, I will try it at least a couple of times out of curiosity.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    No
    I'm not sure that giving your sim some sort of background is any more useless than creating a blank-slate sim that has evidently lived up to the age of majority without attaining any skills in their world.
  • Options
    finnthesimmerfinnthesimmer Posts: 34 Member
    No
    I think they couldve done a lot more with it, but honestly I think it’s in a step in a great direction! I’ll have fun using this for story building.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes
    I think I'd like it more if it let you choose the preconditions, rather than leaving them to randomly generated quiz questions. Especially since it's more you answering, than the sim. And you might not have a solid handle on them yet.

You can't go back and change the answer. AND you can't edit the results. Which is not smart. You could end up hating the sim, but love their look. And then have to play long enough to cheat clear them. Or use that reward option.

It's like they half listened to what people wanted, and then did their own thing.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Yes
    To me it feels rather useless for the main reason that the traits and aspiration are locked. I think it would be a very useful starting point to create sims if I could tweak their traits a bit more after the quiz.

I can see myself using it for background characters / extras in my stories but I prefer full control on the creation of my main sim. I will keep using cheats if I want to change their starting conditions. Although most of the times the cheats I use are meant to reduce starting money and delete skills from gallery sims.

If maxis unlocks the traits after the quiz and I will change my answer to useful and use it a lot.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Yes
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    To me it feels rather useless for the main reason that the traits and aspiration are locked. I think it would be a very useful starting point to create sims if I could tweak their traits a bit more after the quiz.

I can see myself using it for background characters / extras in my stories but I prefer full control on the creation of my main sim. I will keep using cheats if I want to change their starting conditions. Although most of the times the cheats I use are meant to reduce starting money and delete skills from gallery sims.

If maxis unlocks the traits after the quiz and I will change my answer to useful and use it a lot.

Same
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: