Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Please let us delay invitations !

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Plainevil wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I can't remember but doesn't TS3 allow us to delay invitations? I don't think we have to go right then do we? I rememer opportunities were like spur of the moment, but I don't recall having to drop every thing to go attend a party or a date etc. In TS2 we got an invitation to go downtown as soon as you installed NL, and we had to drop every thing, but waited for a cab to arrive but you had some time to finish up what you were doing before it arrived. What I don't like about TS4 is having to immediately go through the loading screen, no time to 'spruce up' or gussy up or use the bathroom or whatever.

Sims 3 was similar to Sims 2, you had a reasonable amount of time to reach the destination. You had time to use the bathroom etc but if you took to long the other Sim would get impatient.
    When you’re invited to a party in Sims 3 you can go whenever you like, as long as you arrive before the party ends. Which makes sense ;) Don’t really know what it’s like when you’re directly invited to go on a date, how patient the other sim will be. But also that makes sense. Having to go there right away in a flash, dropping everything, does not make sense.

Sims 3 party invites have an invite time but its not important. Date invites or being asked to visit is time of invite. Bridgeport without a car is the only world where i have had issues attending on time.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2019
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I can't remember but doesn't TS3 allow us to delay invitations? I don't think we have to go right then do we? I rememer opportunities were like spur of the moment, but I don't recall having to drop every thing to go attend a party or a date etc. In TS2 we got an invitation to go downtown as soon as you installed NL, and we had to drop every thing, but waited for a cab to arrive but you had some time to finish up what you were doing before it arrived. What I don't like about TS4 is having to immediately go through the loading screen, no time to 'spruce up' or gussy up or use the bathroom or whatever.

Sims 3 was similar to Sims 2, you had a reasonable amount of time to reach the destination. You had time to use the bathroom etc but if you took to long the other Sim would get impatient.
    When you’re invited to a party in Sims 3 you can go whenever you like, as long as you arrive before the party ends. Which makes sense ;) Don’t really know what it’s like when you’re directly invited to go on a date, how patient the other sim will be. But also that makes sense. Having to go there right away in a flash, dropping everything, does not make sense.

Sims 3 party invites have an invite time but its not important. Date invites or being asked to visit is time of invite. Bridgeport without a car is the only world where i have had issues attending on time.
    They'll take a taxi if they don't have a car. The system by the way is that some sim calls and asks if you like to visit their party later. You can't go there yet, they'll give you a time when it will start (a couple of hours later). When the party starts, you get a notification. But even then you don't have to go right away.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    What really bothers me about this, I mean further on, is how sometimes a townie will be like: "do you wanna hang out tonight?". If you say yes, and it's like 10am, you'll get teleported right there and right now. It just doesn't make any sense.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I want this so much.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Vote for this also. Just the other day my sim went on a blind date and left food in the oven. He must've been really exited about that date :expressionless:
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    SparklyBeccaSparklyBecca Posts: 106 Member
    This really annoys me as well. Sometimes you've just invited someone over, or you're in the middle of doing something else. Maybe you're levelling up a skill you really need, and you're almost there and you get an invite. No point accepting the invite when you're just about to level up, but if you refuse the option it's gone. I think they might have sorted the bug that would invite you to a specific event and then you'd turn up somewhere completely different. I kept getting invites to community lots, and when accepted it took me to a random sims house instead.

Also just recently I had my Sims toddler daughter call him up on the phone (she didn't live with him) to say how pleased she was that he'd made friends with another Sim. How are toddlers using the phone to have such adult conversations?!
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I completely agree. At least time enough to let my stinky sim shower first!
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I dearly, desperately want this. I've accepted all of one invitation in the last months of gameplay. I remember it because of just how rare it was.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I completely agree. At least time enough to let my stinky sim shower first!

This is why I build showers on all lots :'D
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    This would be a nice change. I often use them as a suggestion though and invite the sim out later when it is appropriate.
  • Options
    GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    A time delay for invites would be great. I thought this was purposely done to make the game more challenging. My sims are always in the middle of something important when a good invite pops up.
  • Options
    simlimbsimlimb Posts: 52 Member
    Yes! I never get invitations at reasonable times!
  • Options
    RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    Yes please! I always skip the invites as they somehow never pop up at a convenient time.
    It's also quite immersion-breaking when someone invites you to a party that takes place in the evening while the invite pops up during the daytime and the game makes you go instantly :/