Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please Please let us delay invitations !

fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I love it when my sim get an invitation to dinner, for a party, etc... but why can't we delay it ? I mean, all the time, there is something my sim should do before leaving the house : toilet, shower, change clothes, eat a snack...

I decline almost all invitation because I can't just let go my sim somewhere else in the state she if at the moment. Why is it still working like this when a lot of people complained about this ?
Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    fabeme wrote: »
    I love it when my sim get an invitation to dinner, for a party, etc... but why can't we delay it ? I mean, all the time, there is something my sim should do before leaving the house : toilet, shower, change clothes, eat a snack...

I decline almost all invitation because I can't just let go my sim somewhere else in the state she if at the moment. Where is it still working like these when a lot of people complained about this ?

I really feel they do it to annoy us! I get them just as my Sim is just completing a skill level or sleep is in the red. >:)
  • fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I decline almost all invitation because I can't just let go my sim somewhere else in the state she if at the moment. Where is it still working like these when a lot of people complained about this ?

I really feel they do it to annoy us! I get them just as my Sim is just completing a skill level or sleep is in the red. >:)

Yup ! It's so oblivious (well for me) that we should have this option, it's driving me crazy ! If we could have the following options : Yes, No, Later (with a menu where we could choose a time that whould be limited depending of the invitation type).
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    From your lips to EA's ears....!
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    This I could get behind. Or have all invitations be similar to the City Living rabbit hole ones, minus the rabbit hole lol.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Yes please. Give me 1-2 sim hours to get ready first.
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Yes I think should be set to start 1-2 hours before it starts.
  • IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Sometimes it doesn't even make sense.
    Like, "Hey, wanna get together tonight for a party?" at 3PM.
    Select "Ok" and off you go! "Tonight" is suddenly "right now".
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    would love to have this option.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    Omg please! I hate how we instantly travel to the place when accepting. Most of the time I wanna finish what my Sims are doing before meeting
    a256aFi.gif
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2019
    Huh. It never occurred to me before, but this might be a good place to allow myself a cheat: If my Sim is invited somewhere they want to go, I might give myself permission to cheat their needs with the assumption that they took some time to get ready before going out.

Not as good as actually having the time to get ready--I'm behind that 100%--but better than never going to anything.

Getting more time could also be one of three options:

1) Sure, let's go right away.
    2) Can you give me an hour to get ready? (Maybe on occasion the other Sim says no can do and see you next time...like if it's a celebrity sighting or something else that might not reasonably still be there in an hour.)
    3) No, thanks.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Same here. I skip a lot of invitations because of this. I quite frankly though this would be changed back when Seasons and the calendar came out.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    This would be great. I rarely accept invitations because my sims are doing something else, or the time of day is inappropriate.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,704 Member
    Would really love this as an option. As it is now I make a note of the invite and then try to get together with that sim at a more convenient time.
  • TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    The timing of some of the invitations is odd. Somehow or other, the invites almost always come not when my sims are at loose ends, but later, when they're right in the middle of something. For example, I've had some while my sim-household is in the middle of hosting a social event! (Abandon my guests for an impromptu dance party?! Why don't you come on over here instead, eh? The more the merrier!) However, if the sim had called an hour or two earlier, before I decided to have my sims throw a party, I would've had them accept the invite.

My guess is that the invite is a hint that the relationship with the calling-sim needs some attention, so I try to make sure my sim initiates contact later, at a time that's convenient for me.

• PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    That would be a very useful feature. Like many other posters have said, invites always come at the most inconvenient times, an hour or 2 to sort there needs would make a lot of difference.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    YES!!!

-Yarden.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Considering it was exactly like this before, what you all want, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s simply not possible. Why else not implement it like that right away? Hope I’m wrong though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I can't remember but doesn't TS3 allow us to delay invitations? I don't think we have to go right then do we? I rememer opportunities were like spur of the moment, but I don't recall having to drop every thing to go attend a party or a date etc. In TS2 we got an invitation to go downtown as soon as you installed NL, and we had to drop every thing, but waited for a cab to arrive but you had some time to finish up what you were doing before it arrived. What I don't like about TS4 is having to immediately go through the loading screen, no time to 'spruce up' or gussy up or use the bathroom or whatever.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I can't remember but doesn't TS3 allow us to delay invitations? I don't think we have to go right then do we? I rememer opportunities were like spur of the moment, but I don't recall having to drop every thing to go attend a party or a date etc. In TS2 we got an invitation to go downtown as soon as you installed NL, and we had to drop every thing, but waited for a cab to arrive but you had some time to finish up what you were doing before it arrived. What I don't like about TS4 is having to immediately go through the loading screen, no time to 'spruce up' or gussy up or use the bathroom or whatever.

Sims 3 was similar to Sims 2, you had a reasonable amount of time to reach the destination. You had time to use the bathroom etc but if you took to long the other Sim would get impatient.
    Plainevil wrote: »

Sims 3 was similar to Sims 2, you had a reasonable amount of time to reach the destination. You had time to use the bathroom etc but if you took to long the other Sim would get impatient.

Thank you, it's been a few years since I had a Sim go on a date or anywhere with another Sim in TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes I really want delays too! Sometimes I feel like if they gave me a minute to get ready I’d be more willing to actually socialize my sims 😂.
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Yes I really want delays too! Sometimes I feel like if they gave me a minute to get ready I’d be more willing to actually socialize my sims 😂.

A few minutes maybe to decide a new outfit to wear out. But the worst ones are the ones that came at 3:00 A.M. when my Sims are sleeping (some of them) lol.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

I decline almost all invitation because I can't just let go my sim somewhere else in the state she if at the moment.

Amen to that.
    Same with visiting you (either called in or by surprise) at weird times: shortly before going to work or late in the evening (since visitors remain for ~4 hours, I decline anything that comes past ~6:30 PM). I haven't seen an NPC sim invite mine for a date in a while but, when it did the last time, it was around 3:30 AM. Yet, when you call someone at 6:50, they're like "you mad? I sleep".
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Plainevil wrote: »

When you’re invited to a party in Sims 3 you can go whenever you like, as long as you arrive before the party ends. Which makes sense ;) Don’t really know what it’s like when you’re directly invited to go on a date, how patient the other sim will be. But also that makes sense. Having to go there right away in a flash, dropping everything, does not make sense.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I completely agree. This is one of my few truly big annoyances. I almost always end up saying no to invitations because I can't delay them. I really want some other options besides "Yes immediately" and "No". Things like "Let's set a time", "Could you come over here instead" and "How about tomorrow" would be really nice.

And when they say "let's meet this evening", it should actually have you meet in the evening not right now when it's still 11:00 AM!
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".