Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaid/Vampire hybrid problem

I have a mermaid/vampire hybrid. She's the in game born daughter of Caleb and my CAS mermaid.
She has the abilities of both. She has both the vampire energy and hydration needs but the games shows her as mermaid, she has the tail icon and the mermaid plumbob. The problem is that she has no access to her vampire points or powers. I've checked all tabs in case they were moved somewhere else but no, nothing.
frrt588.png
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    Well technically the devs said they are not hybrids in Sims 4. It was too much of a mess in hybrids in previous games that they really didn't support it this time. So technically no matter who her parents are she is going to be inclined to be one or the other - not a cross of the two.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    What mess? I thought how sims 3 handled hybrid was awesome, I made vamp-werewolf with no problem whatsoever.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    What mess? I thought how sims 3 handled hybrid was awesome, I made vamp-werewolf with no problem whatsoever.

I thought The Sims 3 also tried to prevent hybrids. The Sims 2 didn't.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well technically the devs said they are not hybrids in Sims 4. It was too much of a mess in hybrids in previous games that they really didn't support it this time. So technically no matter who her parents are she is going to be inclined to be one or the other - not a cross of the two.

One of the guru's were talking about it in the launch day live stream, how you can't do it by normal means but who knows what will happen if a vamp and mermaid get together what will come out, so they were at least aware it could happen that way.
  • Options
    I took her into CAS. I only have normal form and dark form to edit. So it looks like the game sees her as a mermaid but CAS sees her as a vampire. ZcUN7an.png
    When I got out of CAS out of curiosity I sent her swimming. JaXjCQJ.png I can't edit that....:(
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yeah - these really aren't supported. You're seeing issues that arise from trying to force it. I wouldn't. Let Sims be one or the other.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Even using MCC to add traits results in the same thing. No access to vampire points & the tail doesn't show in cas.

When I use to play with the alien vampire hybrids they were so broken that the UI would mess up. The game can't handle it.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    EgonVM wrote: »

Yep the sims 2 was technically the only hybrids we actually had in programming. Sims 3 ones might have appeared to be hybrid but were not designed to be. But the devs said the issues of hybrids was a mess in the programming so they had to forego them after Sims 2. Sims 3 was just mainly mixed heritage - not really hybrid design and Sims 4 is basically the same. The offspring can be either but not a bit of both. Simmers did use mods too to make it seem more but if you looked at the programming that was not really what was there. Sims 2 has it - that's it and even those were trouble for the programming.

Sort of like real life.True Hybrids do not work in real life either it just makes a mess messing with cross breeding cells - game or real.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Yeah - these really aren't supported. You're seeing issues that arise from trying to force it. I wouldn't. Let Sims be one or the other.

So does that mean that we shouldn't make vampire and mermaid sims have children together or is this an issue that comes with adding traits with cheats?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options

The only thing I did though was marry a vampire to a mermaid that went on to have a child. I didn't cheat to get one. Seems a shame if you have to be careful who you marry your sims off to.
  • Options

Yep the sims 2 was technically the only hybrids we actually had in programming. Sims 3 ones might have appeared to be hybrid but were not designed to be. But the devs said the issues of hybrids was a mess in the programming so they had to forego them after Sims 2. Sims 3 was just mainly mixed heritage - not really hybrid design and Sims 4 is basically the same. The offspring can be either but not a bit of both. Simmers did use mods too to make it seem more but if you looked at the programming that was not really what was there. Sims 2 has it - that's it and even those were trouble for the programming.

Sort of like real life.True Hybrids do not work in real life either it just makes a mess messing with cross breeding cells - game or real.

I've had a few alien/vampire hybrids in 4. I didn't cheat to get them, my vampire just got abducted and sometimes that resulted in a hybrid. They worked fine and had abilities of both they were just a little messed up in CAS as you can only edit 2 forms. Hybrids have more.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Alien-vampire hybrids are buggy in CAS, but not unplayable. I don't have Island Living yet so I can't be sure about mermaid-vampire hybrids, but I'm guessing it's similar? Regardless, I wouldn't let this stop you pairing mermaids and vampires (I already have plans for one of my vampires catching the eye of a cute little mermaid). Their children won't necessarily be hybrids and even if they are then I don't see why you can't just remove either the mermaid or vampire trait or even make them human if you wish. Nothing should stand in the way of love!
  • Options
    Alien-vampire hybrids are buggy in CAS, but not unplayable. I don't have Island Living yet so I can't be sure about mermaid-vampire hybrids, but I'm guessing it's similar? Regardless, I wouldn't let this stop you pairing mermaids and vampires (I already have plans for one of my vampires catching the eye of a cute little mermaid). Their children won't necessarily be hybrids and even if they are then I don't see why you can't just remove either the mermaid or vampire trait or even make them human if you wish. Nothing should stand in the way of love!
    I fixed the vanishing face by removing a conflicting mod so even though I can't alter her mermaid form she's still playable as a mermaid. I'll just have to accept I can't spend her vampire points so she won't be able to use any different movement forms or use any abilities that require points. She can feed and use dark meditation. She'll just have to be a fledgling forever.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »

So does that mean that we shouldn't make vampire and mermaid sims have children together or is this an issue that comes with adding traits with cheats?

I don't know. I do not have any experience yet with TS4 occult genetics. My only occult offspring were TS3 Supernaturals, who always inherited the lifestate of one parent or the other, not both.

If TS4 works the same way, it should be safe to intermarry them, and offspring with either be Vampires or Mermaids. But I haven't tried, and have not researched it for this game.

But hybrids, however one gets them, are broken, and aren't supported to begin with, so I would avoid them on that account. Broken Sims can lead to corrupted game files.
  • Options
    aduhapodioeeeaduhapodioeee Posts: 1 New Member
    I have mermaid vamp hybrid or maybe its a plant sim too (maybe tribid idk), so at first i have male vampire sim and female plant sim. I give the plant sim mermandic kelp, after she turn into plant sim. And my lot traits is on a dark ley line and on ley line, both of my sims have fertile traits. So after that I just keep command my sims to try for baby in every woohoo places. And then my plant/mermaid sim pregnant. At first I just want a normal vampire triplets, i dont know that the sims actually can make a hybrid. But i want to try it anyway to make a hybrid. So when the baby is born, my female sim is still a plant/memaid sim. The triplets baby sims gender is all male. When they grow up into toddler the needs icon is fish. So i thought my triplets all of them is a merman. And when they grow up into teen the two of them is strangely become a vampire. my point is is this a bug ?
    sorry if you cannot understand my english
  • Options
    mmfinchmmfinch Posts: 2 New Member
    My vampire and mermaid had a baby and the baby had the mermaid needs icon. However, when the toddler aged up to child I went into CAS to modify their hair. There is a split icon for the alternate form like a hybrid alien/vampire. Choosing one or the other changes the base looks of the Sim (just like alien/vampire does) and the main form and "dark" form do not link to each other and have to be modified separately. The Sim is not classified as a vampire or mermaid under CAS though the mermaid needs icon is still there in play mode. I assume it will be the same as simm621's hybrid, but I'll update later when there is more info. As the two have more children it will be interesting to find out what the percentage chances of having a hybrid are.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited September 2019
    I had the same problem. I found that the vamp/mermaids hybrid with tails are very glitchy. I delete them. However, I have 2 hybrids in my game who have the mermaid powers/socials and vampire powers but do not have a tail. They lack the vampire powers tree but have hydration, vampire energy, and thirst on needs bar. I had to cheat to get sun proof, command powers etc. Google Sims 4 Vampire Cheats for the website. Its awesome.
    I also cheated last night and gave one of them the witch occult trait. She was originally born between a mermaid and vampire couple naturally in game. However she's become my guinea pig. She has mermaid powers, some vampire powers and needs like thirst and energy. Her spellcaster power tree is there and functioning. I was so excited. I plan on experimenting with her to see if glitches happen. I can post pics tonite after work!
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited September 2019

Yep the sims 2 was technically the only hybrids we actually had in programming.

Not ALL hybrids were permissible in Sims 2, though. Vampires and PlantSims were incompatible, I believe.

(For obvious reasons. :lol: "I need sun! Oh god it burns! It burns! Back inside! ooooh, but I need sun! I need it so badly! AAAAAAA! *poof*)
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Not ALL hybrids were permissible in Sims 2, though. Vampires and PlantSims were incompatible, I believe.

(For obvious reasons. :lol: "I need sun! Oh god it burns! It burns! Back inside! ooooh, but I need sun! I need it so badly! AAAAAAA! *poof*)

In Sims 2 Plant Sims were different and did not have life stages of the rest of the Sims - they had 2- toddler AND ADULT - so they could not really be compared to any other "monsters" - they were one of a kind and not really compatible to any other species. They were never hybrids without mods or cheats and even with mods or cheats created a lot of issues in the game.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    DrewRowlandDrewRowland Posts: 2,057 Member
    edited September 2019

You could still have them. I have quite a few. You just need to light the house with sunlamps and put one above their coffin.

In Sims 2 Plant Sims were different and did not have life stages of the rest of the Sims - they had 2- toddler AND ADULT - so they could not really be compared to any other "monsters" - they were one of a kind and not really compatible to any other species. They were never hybrids without mods or cheats and even with mods or cheats created a lot of issues in the game.

It caused issues? I had plantsims hybrids where they were everything but a servo or a bigfoot.
  • Options
    DexaNightshadeDexaNightshade Posts: 1 New Member
    I got the mermaid/vampire naturally when my pregnant Sim are kelp and her kid turned out to be a vamp with a tail
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    My merman was abducted and gave birth to twins. I haven't aged them up yet from toddlers, but their needs dialogue box keeps changing. Sometimes it shows them as mermaids and sometimes not.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Marshmellow404Marshmellow404 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have this issue with my hybrid that she cant get out of her mermaid form. Even when I try to show her Dark Form. She walks around with a tail and she cant change cloths!
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yup, many of the dual-occult hybrids are quite messy, since every one (minus alien) has different needs, all except spellcaster have two forms, and casters and vampires both have 'points' they need to earn/spend

it kind of looks like the mermaid's swapping to land-based form is based on the hydration need, since pairing them with any other occult removes the hydration need and they're able to swap to merform easily enough, but with one exception, cannot swap back out of merform.
    that exception, if interested, is an alien/mermaid... whatever form they're in, the alien changes to the other one to go to 'merform', though the alien form will have a tail (the disguise form will not) and they'll swap to or stay in disguise form when move back to land. when you swap them to alien form on land, they'll have their legs just fine. ...but, they'll be all kinds of borked in alien form in cas, since it'll have their lower half invisible and unable to be edited or have clothing changed (and if you had a fullbody outfit on them, it'll be everything other than head invisible)

vampire/spellcasters also have the issue of only seeing the spellcaster points earned instead of vampire ones (...this didn't bother me so much, as the only vampire i wanted to also be a caster already had all the vampire powers learned, with like 3 exceptions i didn't want for her. however, her new daughter is both a caster and a vampire... so that'll prove fun...)
    interestingly, the only occult that pairs nicely with spellcaster without breaking anything is, again, alien... since aliens don't have any unique needs and spellcasters don't have a secondary form. i've got a pair of these in my game and actually enjoy them quite a bit
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hybrids are a glitch and not supported by the devs.

That is why.
    funny-gifs20.gif