Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beach Wedding - Not possible on a Beach Lot in Island Living?

FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Today I noticed that it is not possible to chose the beach as a lot for a wedding. That was really annoying, as I spent a lot of time changing the beach lot for this event.
The couple got married on the lot anyway, but I could not create an 'event' for that. :(

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this? A beach wedding should be possible on a beach lot, or am I wrong?

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, ...

Edit: This also seems to be true for other events, like birthdays or dance parties.
Post edited by Freechheit on

Comments

• Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Noo :cry: then I'll change beach lots into lounge ones when I wanna throw wedding parties.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    It should be possible though :\ I think perhaps they overlooked this.... Can you do other events there like birthdays or dance parties? :o
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I was going to have my sim propose to his fiancée on the beach during a date event, but I wasn't able to select a Beach lot during travel. It would seem for whatever reason, Beach lots are disabled for Social Event planning. Bummer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It should be possible though :\ I think perhaps they overlooked this.... Can you do other events there like birthdays or dance parties? :o

@Sigzy05

Nope. Dance parties and birthday parties are not possible, too.
    Only event I could select the beach as a location so far was the kava party. :(

Hopefully, this issue will be addressed in a future patch.

• Options
    DemyanoSlavDemyanoSlav Posts: 581 Member
    You aren't wrong, OP. You just further prove that gamers have better ideas of what we want than the Devs do.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Could it be that there is something hidden that is on or happens on the lot you chose?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    This is why I don’t do dates. (Well that and checklists)
    Let me decide where my sims date, let them change venues if they want or need to.

In short, let me play my game my way, not the dev way.

Not being able to have a beach wedding is just plain silly.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well 🐸🐸🐸🐸, there goes my idea of a beach wedding UGH
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    That is a shame, I have a Sim who would love to have her Wedding on the beach.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Simburian wrote: »
    Could it be that there is something hidden that is on or happens on the lot you chose?

@Simburian
    I don't think so. Tbh I have no idea why the lots you can choose for social events are restricted anyway. :neutral:

You can try it in your game. Just use the phone and try to host a birthday party, wedding or dance party on a beach lot. In my game, it's not possible.
  • Options
    @Freechheit Which lot was it? I'll get my Sims to check it out.

One always has the hope that Maxis has put a treasure chest on one but I suppose that's too much to ask! :)
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Thats super dumb. You are gonna give us a tropical island with fabulous scenery yet I cant have a beach party anything? All the more reason to get this on sale.
  • Options
    @Freechheit Which lot was it? I'll get my Sims to check it out.

Thank you @Simburian . It was the beach lot in the 'richer' area, Lani St. Taz. But I don't think it matters which beach lot it is. All lots marked as 'beach' are not available for weddings, birthday parties or dance parties. Maybe more, I didn't try all social events.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This is why I don’t do dates. (Well that and checklists)
    Let me decide where my sims date, let them change venues if they want or need to.

In short, let me play my game my way, not the dev way.

Not being able to have a beach wedding is just plain silly.

It just seems like devs forgot to put a lot of details into this EP.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @Freechheit My Ohan'Ali Beach hasn't got the Oceanic Paradise trait though it is marked as a beach. I haven't got everything it needs there. Can you have a wedding there? You can change the type of lot it is I think. I'd save it to your library before changing anything, just in case.

Those beaches with the Oceanic P. trait cannot be changed. I bulldozed the large beach but when I put a restaurant without the trait on it the O.P. got put back in so those are unchangeable.

I've turned it into a Spa and will build it with additional Sea bathing and lounging decks. Where can you have weddings anyway? (It's still a beach) :)
    Post edited by Simburian on
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @Freechheit My Ohan'Ali Beach hasn't got the Oceanic Paradise trait though it is marked as a beach. I haven't got everything it needs there. Can you have a wedding there? You can change the type of lot it is I think.

Yes @Simburian , I can change the lot type to "lounge" and then have a wedding there, but - for me - that misses the point.
    I could not chose the other beach lot either, so I don't think it has something to do with the lot traits. It has something to do with the lot type.

Where can you have weddings anyway? (It's still a beach) :)

Residential lots, lounges, bars, parks and Myshuno Meadows (central park), I think. Maybe I am missing something. But 'beach' lots are not available. A 'lounge' on a beach would be available, of course.
    Personally I think it makes no sense that I can chose the park for a wedding but not the beach.
    I will have to convert the lot to a lounge or park, though...

• Options
    @Freiheit I agree. It's not a bug but highly desirable to get weddings on the beach. Maybe ask on Twitter as that might get more attention. Ninja or Graham?
  • Options
    That's a good idea! But I'm not on Twitter... Maybe someone who is also interested can ask them? :blush:
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Freechheit wrote: »
    Today I noticed that it is not possible to chose the beach as a lot for a wedding. That was really annoying, as I spent a lot of time changing the beach lot for this event.
    The couple got married on the lot anyway, but I could not create an 'event' for that. :(

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be like this? A beach wedding should be possible on a beach lot, or am I wrong?

Edit: This also seems to be true for other events, like birthdays or dance parties.

Yes, you can have a wedding on the beach, if you just rename it to salon. I did so yesterday, and it worked perfectly.
    unUGRlY.jpg
    d5B9Fy3.jpg
    0GJKxvh.jpg
    YpqYAgV.jpg
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited June 2019
    Freechheit wrote: »

Yes, you can have a wedding on the beach, if you just rename it to salon. I did so yesterday, and it worked perfectly.
    unUGRlY.jpg
    d5B9Fy3.jpg
    0GJKxvh.jpg
    YpqYAgV.jpg

This.
  • Options
    Thank you for your feedback, @Simsister2004 . This looks like a lovely wedding. :)
    Did you just rename the lot or did you change the lot type as well? I think, beach weddings are only possible if you change the lot type. In my game, it is not possible to create a wedding as a social event on a beach lot. Please let me know if simply renaming the lot fixes the problem. :)

However, as I mentioned in my first post, my Sims did get married on the beach lot, but I was not able to create an event for that. Changing the lot type to something else is a workaround, but for me that misses the point. :)

36085236jr.png

36085238yc.png

36085239sw.png

36085240uj.png
  • Options
    If you "miss your point" then don't do it. But yes, I changed the lot type. simple as that. We are still at the beach and have all the fun it provides us with.
  • Options
    If you "miss your point" then don't do it. But yes, I changed the lot type. simple as that. We are still at the beach and have all the fun it provides us with.

@Simsister2004
    I will change the lot type. I just wanted to inform you, that weddings and some other parties like dance parties can not be hosted on a beach lot (with the lot type "beach"). One has to change the lot type first. I didn't know that - and that was frustrating, because I changed the lot for a wedding and then couldn't host the wedding as planned.

Still, my feeling is that this is an oversight and hope this will be fixed with a future patch. :)
  • Options
    I don't think we'll need a patch for it. Because it has been so all the time. I usually have weddings in my church, and I had to make the lot type "salon" to have church weddings, which is the most usual in my country. I just think it's ok, and I can live with it.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    One of my other sims households had a wedding in their backyard which is beach overlooking the water and it went fine. Unless it just works for the natives of the island as that is all I allow to be on my islands. I also did not add any lots from any other worlds either so maybe that has some bearing on it. My islands are pretty much as they were with just furniture improvements to the houses. No mainland lots at all. I do not want vacationers here.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....