Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else hates Sims babies?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Yeah, I'm not a fan. I age them up as soon as I bring them home from the hospital. There is nothing fun or interesting about babies in this game. It would be different if you could take them somewhere or do more with them. How cute would it be to nap on the couch with the baby on your chest? I'd rather play with toddlers because there's way more interesting interactions.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Bluelle wrote: »
    #Freethebabies

I hate babies in TS4 as they are now. I want them to be free, to be an actual life stage. People saying they're only a baby for like 1 day anyway lol, but I play with aging off or I use custom lifestage durations with MCC. I want freed babies, and so does a ton of other people. I want that for us, and I have been wanting it since 2014

Edit: Also, I never fully understood those who think babies are boring so they age them up anyway, and that they don't need improvements becase they're boring... They're boring because they need improvements XD If there was a ton more stuff to do with them, chances are you wouldn't be AS bored (not stating facts or anything, just my opinion).

Imagine walking a little bebe in a stroller or having actual cribs, sims walkin' around holding their bebes and stuff <3

As a family player I love the baby stage. The Sims for me is a life simulator and babies like all the other life stages are a part of life. I consider that life stage to be as important as all the others. The fact they are objects in this iteration is horrifying to me. I can't believe that the developers thought it was okay to release the game with these babies let alone leave them this way for seven years.

I play on the longest life setting and I don't age anybody up before their birthday. This means I have around eight to twelve days of the baby stage. I want improvements to this life stage. It is not fun in it's current state, not even in the slightest.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

That's a perfectly valid opinion. Of course, it only really works if we assume that everyone else thinks babies are fun in the first place. Some of us don't. I tend to find things in the game fun if I like doing them in real life (or if I wish I could do them) or if they're entertaining in an otherwise unrealistic but me-finding-it-fun kind of way. Babies aren't on that list of things for me.

Of course, I understand not everyone thinks babies are fun or have the potential to become fun and that's 100% valid and I respect that :3