Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else hates Sims babies?

Comments

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I don't hate them, there are some cute interactions, but serious improvements do need to be made. Being able to actually take them out of the house with you would be a good start :# Also more choices of bassinet and maybe being able to change them at a changing table?
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't hate them, there are some cute interactions, but serious improvements do need to be made. Being able to actually take them out of the house with you would be a good start :# Also more choices of bassinet and maybe being able to change them at a changing table?

Being able to do those things would be fine, but if they were to make us do them, well... I guess I'd just have to give up playing any families at that point, that's all. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2021
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Babies and toddlers are my least favorite as they are so needy and annoying really. Even if they fixed them, it just means more work caring for them as no matter what game, I am just going to age them up anyways.

I completely agree. I also find babies annoying as well. At least we can age babies up to toddlers, though. But yeah, toddlers and babies are too needy.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't "H" sims babies, I just wish they were actually playable like in Sims 3, so I just age them quickly to toddlers.
  • Options
    inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Like many, I don't mind babies but find even with a ton of interaction, nothing is gained, even with Mum or Dad.

I age them up quickly. At least my 'bratty' Todds are more interesting
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

Being able to do those things would be fine, but if they were to make us do them, well... I guess I'd just have to give up playing any families at that point, that's all. :lol:

:D Fair enough. Pretty much how I feel about real life babies. :D
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    I love Sims babies.
    They go well with the rest of the furniture.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I love Sims babies.
    They go well with the rest of the furniture.

lol :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I imagine the bassinets are the way they are because the game spawns them with the baby, if you don't have any in the house / amount matching the number of them born(like twins).
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    This thread is almost two years old and still babies have received no improvements apart from now we can dress them in onesies.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I always age them up immediately.
    But then I can't stand babies IRL either.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited May 2021
    They are just ’meh’ for me. I dislike how they are treated like objects in TS4 but I actually do like the fact that I can’t see their needs. Introduces some much needed challenge… and annoyance but I kind of occasionally want annoyance in this game to spice it all up. I unintentionally had 4 babies at once on my very first TS4 family. The couple just had a girl and I thought "Well, let's get her a sibling." Then the game was like "Trolololo triplets incoming!" Gotta admit the babies crying in like this endless loop was preeeetty aggravating but at least the parents gained parenting skill like woah (I guess it'd have been more annoying if I didn't have the Parenthood pack). I actually quite enjoyed the chaos (especially once they were toddlers) but this was a pretty uncommon situation I'd imagine. In most cases I'd just find them as 'meh' and the only thing making them even a little bit engaging is the lack of seeing their needs.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Been playing 3 recently and I can safely say I don't want babies to be freed. Every baby I've seen so far has been on the ground
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like them to fix the baby skin tone glitch. I'm glad that they updated the skin tones for more players & I'd like them to add more eye and hair colors in a similar way. That said, they need to fix baby skin tones that glitched after the update. I can deal with it while they're correcting it but I hope that is soon.

While babies aren't my main focus and my playstyle combines various themes including some family play and some that definitely is not, if they update the babies I'll roll with it. I'd get a kit or pack that updates more options for the babies. I play with all life stages in kind of a miscellaneous style.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    derevaunderevaun Posts: 46 Member
    I'd like TS4 babies more if they were more like RL babies, object or not. As it is they're more like baby in Eraserhead.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Been playing 3 recently and I can safely say I don't want babies to be freed. Every baby I've seen so far has been on the ground

They could just use their brains and program it so babies won't be left on the floor.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't hate our sims 4 babies, I just wish they were more like our sims 2 babies, so they feel apart of the family with genetics and so on. Hopefully one day in the future a little change will happen for our babies to make them more part of the family. Until then I will use Purplebex's awesome skintones and my baby outfits to make them just a little more appealing while they cry for food and diaper changes ;)

j9Glmz1.png
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    We have those? I thought we got cribs you had to feed and change. Lol

#freethebabies
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I don't like the looks of the Sims4 babies that much, but I'm fine with how they function. I'm super glad they can get fed at the bassinet rather than have to be carried to the fridge for a bottle, and that they no longer get left on the floor.

I would not object to having the option to move them to a swing, carrier, floor mat, etc, as long as no more work was required on the part of the parents or the player to keep them content and healthy. I do not want to have to teach them to crawl or really anything that is involuntary work on my part. The one thing I would like is strollers, mostly because there is no invite household button so I would like to be able to take my babies to visit relatives so they could know each other. But I would want the stroller to function like the current bassinet, just on a different lot.
  • Options
    LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2021
    I liked sims 2 babies for their appearance and animations accompanying them, like bathing them in the sink and using the changing table. You could also get a peek at their genetics by looking at their eyes and eyebrows! They weren't so needy that your sim parents couldn't do anything, but they had the challenge of not being able to see their needs without studying parenting (a must-have imo).

Sims 3 babies were... interesting... little burri bundles of joy. I ignored them and cheated up their needs for a bit :)

Sims 4 babies somehow manage to not only be objects, but are arguably uglier than Sims 3 babies.

• Options
    derevaun wrote: »
    I'd like TS4 babies more if they were more like RL babies, object or not. As it is they're more like baby in Eraserhead.

Gave you an Awesome just for the Eraserhead mention. :star::grin:
  • Options
    Simmer4000Simmer4000 Posts: 27 Member
    > @manicobsessive said:
    > I don't hate them, there are some cute interactions, but serious improvements do need to be made. Being able to actually take them out of the house with you would be a good start :# Also more choices of bassinet and maybe being able to change them at a changing table?

Same. I would like the babies to improved to be on par with the babies from the sims 2. As you have stated, I will also like to see more choices of bassinets and the ability to use a changing table. They should also bring back the ability to bathe the babies in the sink or changing table, the activity mat from the sims 2 and the swing from sims 3. These changes will significantly improve gameplay.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2021
    #Freethebabies

I hate babies in TS4 as they are now. I want them to be free, to be an actual life stage. People saying they're only a baby for like 1 day anyway lol, but I play with aging off or I use custom lifestage durations with MCC. I want freed babies, and so does a ton of other people. I want that for us, and I have been wanting it since 2014

Edit: Also, I never fully understood those who think babies are boring so they age them up anyway, and that they don't need improvements becase they're boring... They're boring because they need improvements XD If there was a ton more stuff to do with them, chances are you wouldn't be AS bored (not stating facts or anything, just my opinion).

Imagine walking a little bebe in a stroller or having actual cribs, sims walkin' around holding their bebes and stuff <3
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Bluelle wrote: »
    #Freethebabies

Edit: Also, I never fully understood those who think babies are boring so they age them up anyway, and that they don't need improvements becase they're boring... They're boring because they need improvements XD If there was a ton more stuff to do with them, chances are you wouldn't be AS bored (not stating facts or anything, just my opinion).

Imagine walking a little bebe in a stroller or having actual cribs, sims walkin' around holding their bebes and stuff <3

That's a perfectly valid opinion. Of course, it only really works if we assume that everyone else thinks babies are fun in the first place. Some of us don't. I tend to find things in the game fun if I like doing them in real life (or if I wish I could do them) or if they're entertaining in an otherwise unrealistic but me-finding-it-fun kind of way. Babies aren't on that list of things for me.
  • Options
    TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    I don't HATE them, It's just the process of interacting with them that can be quite annoying...When a real baby cries, i pick them up and tend to them...but when sim babies cry sometimes it takes an act of congress just to get the adult sim to the baby to tend to them...and sometimes while in the process of going to the baby, something cancels out the action and the adult sim autonomously does something else...

For example... One time my baby sim was crying so I sent the mother sim to tend to the baby, while she was doing that I had the father sim go to the kitchen to make breakfast...so he's cooking breakfast, and the mom sim walks by and gets on the computer to play games. So, I'm thinking, that was kind of fast...a few seconds later i get a nasty message from the game telling me how i was a terrible parent lol...so I check on the sim baby again, and they're still crying. So I used a cheat to check the baby's needs. Turns out the mother sim didn't do a thing.
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png