Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who else hates Sims babies?

Comments

• Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    [quote="...If you are tired of your baby, you can just stick it in the inventory! And you won't get your baby taken for doing so...

Seriously? I can't stand playing babies and toddlers. I could've done this the whole time? How did I not know this? THANK YOU!!!

[/quote]

lmao, really you can do that? Seems tempting :D
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I still love watching babies in this game. I think they're really adorable. And in my game, I only keep them babies for a few days anyways before I age them up. Not that I would complain if more attention was given to them by the developers, mind you. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2019
    I really dislike that all babies look the same. They all have dead brown eyes, and when they open their mouths and it's just a black hole with that weird little tooth popping out it creeps me out. And have you ever watched a baby at nighttime when everyone's asleep and the game is going full speed? They twitch repeatedly and look as if they're having a seizure. This just shows what little movements the babies are allowed. The featureless, doughed out appearance of babies reminds me of robots on an assembly line. Might as well name your child 'Weird Demon Baby' or 'My Child is a Piece of Furniture' possibly 'Brown Eyes' or just '🐸🐸🐸🐸?'.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I actually prefer to leave my kids as babies than to age them up as toddlers. Toddlers are annoying to me.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I miss Sims 3 babies where you can actually see their needs. I don't care if it's more realistic that we can't - it's terribly frustrating.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2019
    I love Sims 4 toddlers and I think they are the best in the series. It makes me sad that the babies are not nearly that good, even though I still do play with them . I do hope that someday improvements are patched in so that they can be more individual and developed, more like Sims 2 babies. I loved that your sim could bathe them in the sink, carry them around in his/her arms and pass them to another Sim or hold them up for another sim to interact with them. Parents could also read a parenting book and then discern their needs.

I didn’t care much for TS3 babies, sluglike in their blankets. There were actually less interactions and animations with them in base game than there are with the TS4 baby objects. I can still think of a few ways to improve them, though. We should have the option of leaving them in the bassinet if we don’t want to bother with them much. If you do want more, though, then you should be able to transfer a baby to a crib, after which it should become a full sim that needs much more attention and care.

Sims should able to carry babies around, multi-task while looking after them or carrying them, pass them back and forth, sit in rocking chairs to sing to them, comfort or feed them (honestly, who breastfeeds standing up?), carry them in a sling or on the shoulder while doing a few tasks, bathe them in the sink, take them for walks in strollers or buggies, put them in a playpen, baby swing or on a baby mat. Toddlers and children should also be able to interact with them and amuse them.

Since sims toddlers learn to walk almost immediately, after a bit of time passes babies should learn to crawl. They should have simple baby toys that they can interact with like a baby wall toy or mirror, and maybe get a head start in the toddler skills in this way. If parents mess up or neglect them, babies should get a new, terrible toddler trait like “intractable” or “stubborn” which makes them harder to deal with as toddlers (unless you can train them out of it).

I would also really like to be able to take them into CAS and finally dress them in cute sleepers and rompers.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    If they were like sims 2 babies but with clothing I would be a very happy bunny.

#FreeTheBabies
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    Oh you mean the burritos?

Yeah, I hate them.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    would like for them to be a little bit more interactive, and by interactive i don't mean crying for every little thing. like toddlers have their cute side to combat their tantrums....but babies? like real babies are cute cause play in little pens and those little bouncy chairs and you can watch them crawl around its cute but there isn't anything like that in sims 4 so they're just annoying
  • Options
    LollyGraceLollyGrace Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="AceOfKnaves;c-17121965"]All these years and I didn't know you could stick a baby in the inventory. Doh! *slaps forehead, cackles and twirls evil mustache*
    [/quote]
    I did not know that! That’s really..... strange....

I find Sim babies just generally really tiring, I play for maybe one whole Sim day and then age them up to toddler because they’re way easier to deal with! Maybe if TS4 babies were a bit more ... immersive... or if the nannies I hire would actually DO something, then I might enjoy them a bit more!
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I hate the fact that babies are objects instead of sims so much. I want a baby overhaul more than anything right now. Babies feel like a doll, not like a part of the family and that's a major problem. And I always link this video when the question comes up; this is the kind of depth I'd like to see from babies. Crawling, bathing, toys, bouncy chairs, learning to stand. All of that would make babies so much more lifelike and enjoyable.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJqbJpbETs

Thanks for that video. It would be awesome if they could bring all that to Sims 4 but I am not holding my breath because I've been disappointed a lot lately.

• Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I fully support #FreeTheBabies thing, but I'm not annoyed by current babies at all.
    They require less care than toddlers, I keep them babies long enough for parent and siblings to build up relationship with them as well as Parenting skill.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I find the babies boring but I am not into babies IRL either so I am not bothered.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I’m just going to leave this here...

https://youtu.be/izNG6lWsUbs
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I hate the fact that babies are objects instead of sims so much. I want a baby overhaul more than anything right now. Babies feel like a doll, not like a part of the family and that's a major problem. And I always link this video when the question comes up; this is the kind of depth I'd like to see from babies. Crawling, bathing, toys, bouncy chairs, learning to stand. All of that would make babies so much more lifelike and enjoyable.

Thanks for that video. It would be awesome if they could bring all that to Sims 4 but I am not holding my breath because I've been disappointed a lot lately.

The animations in the video are great, interactions too but... that kid is a baby-toddler hybrid. We have a lot of those interactions for toddlers in the game already.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

this is EXACTLY what i want

real life babies don't just stay in their crib, they're incredibly cute and lively. we don't need newborns we need BABIES. this would be so fun and cute to see in the game. they did amazing with the toddlers i just wish they'd get this same treatment in sims 4
  • Options
    AmadaeoAmadaeo Posts: 6 New Member
    The word "hate" is fine, since they're video coded gaming items..and I'm not fond of how they're coded. Def could do more with them from what I see happening in Freeplay.

Since I tire of them quickly, I end up using them (and the resulting toddlers) as ambassadors of chaos on sim households that have wronged my sim somehow.. ;) I just use MCCC to give the ladies in the house a ridiculous amount of children, then I'll drop in with my sim to see how its going. Last one I checked..the mansion was rife with toddlers / infants, pee puddles everywhere, spoiled food / plates all over, the sims in the house were exhausted..and all I could imagine was my sim chuckling, thinking "And THAT is why you don't mess with me..."... :wink:

What I do dislike is when I have a baby in the house and use a time cheat, I need to go no longer than a day, or you'll lose the baby due to neglect...the sim cant catch up fast enough with feeding etc...
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    "I personally think that there are a lot of things wrong with babies, and children in general"---that sums up why they're not a part of my game or my life :smile:
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I don't hate babies, but I age them into toddlers the moment they are born. I don't really care for toddlers, but I do enjoy seeing what they look like in the toddler stage.
    In Sims 2, I used to use a cheat to age the babies up faster, so I didn't have to deal with them that long. Granted you could actually carry them and interact with them more, and show them off to relatives.
    Granted, I still think Sims 4 toddlers are by far the most interactive of the toddlers. You can do the same things with most toddlers in the Sims franchise, but the Sims 4 toddlers seem to be more active.
    Kids in Sims 4 seem kind of bland to me too, but my favorite Sims age groups are from kids to adults. I just feel that you can do more stuff with them, especially teens to adults.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    If they were like sims 2 babies but with clothing I would be a very happy bunny.

#FreeTheBabies

Me too!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Since we're already in necro-thread mode and I haven't said it in a while, I think babies in any game are creepy, and I'm not fond of playing with toddlers, either. I don't want better ones because I simply don't relate well or enjoy them enough. I don't want to be around them in real life for very long, either. Ok, done.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I don't care much for the baby stage in game. Same for the previous versions. But I absolutely adore the toddler and child stages. ♥️
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Hate is a strong word. I generally only let babies be babies until the parents have had a chance to cuddle, feed & change, and maybe introduce grandparents and siblings. Interesting play starts with Toddlers. And I feel the same about RL babies - they mostly nurse, sleep and poop, and become much more interesting as they start to be more interactive, even pre-verbal. The mental development of Toddler years IRL is incredible. I don't mind the static burritos in TS4. Toddlers are really well done.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I don't hate them, but if I'm honest I'm a bit 'meh' about them, but even irl babies don't do much, but eat, sleep and cry, not until until they're crawling away.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I love babies. You can bake 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew...

No, wait, those are potatoes. I love potatoes. Babies I care not one whit about. They're temporary skill objects for first-time parents, nothing more.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space