Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you wish your Sims didn't do

Comments

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »
    Shoveling snow when they're at someone else's house. Hello! It's not your problem!

It even bothers me when they do it at their own house. It's like one centimeter deep just leave it. :D

Yeah, that's annoying, and even more when they live in an apartment. Who does that? :lol:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Techbilt wrote: »
    constantly canceling the go home action on other lots. you're tired just go home I swear I have to hit that button about 30 times before my sim actually goes home.

Try travelling from your phone to your home lot; it's a lot quicker.

Or, hitting M and travel that way, also instant :)

Yes, that too but using the phone I can take all my Sims home if the family goes travelling with them.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2019
    I wish they would stop doing some cancelled task immediately when I tell them to! :#
    omg.gif
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    I wish my sims' neighbours weren't so impatient. When my sim takes a shower, for example, and a neighbour knocks on the door, they wait for two seconds tops before they return to their apartment.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’ve started clicking the ground in front of the fridge with the “go here” action before I add the fridge interaction. This way they at least make it into the kitchen and it usually isn’t with the exact same timing as someone else. At least in TS4, you can pile something on top of the “go here”, in past iterations that would just be ignored.
  • Options
    Scorp_ionScorp_ion Posts: 18 Member
    Ordering drinks at the bar and then throwing them away before they’ve even taken a sip

Sims stopping what they’re doing, running across to the other side of the lot to fan over a celebrity. You can’t even cancel this action!

When sims do that chair swapping thing during every conversion.

I could write an essay about this, but imma stop here
  • Options
    PhoeSavsMom_83PhoeSavsMom_83 Posts: 20 Member
    I had one toddler who was starving on the verge of being taken away. I got her some food and she was walking all over the dang house trying to find a place to sit to eat it. Would take half a bite and get up and go elsewhere and do it a few times over. I hate having to put them in the high chairs to eat and don't do it unless I have to.
  • Options
    PhoeSavsMom_83PhoeSavsMom_83 Posts: 20 Member
    I just thought of something else. I hate when the kids come ask for advise and there is only one option to tell them. Or there are two separate options but they both effect the manners trait. I'm thinking "Whats the point?"
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    Chill on their phones during a festival or cling to the computer
  • Options
    EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    Everyone always being scared of thunderstorms and needing to sprint inside! Yes, most toddlers would be scared the first couple of times and would likely stay scared till it was over but most kids, teens and adults might be scared at first if caught outside and feel the need to go indoors but would not stay scared for hours once inside. In fact some sims, mostly teens and adults once inside would enjoy a thunderstorm as long as they are not out in it. The exact same behavior from all sims is really unrealistic and staying scared/tense for hours is really silly.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I just thought of something else. I hate when the kids come ask for advise and there is only one option to tell them. Or there are two separate options but they both effect the manners trait. I'm thinking "Whats the point?"

I totally ignore those popups. In fact, I see them as a single reason to regret getting the Parenthood pack. If you have several teens/kids in your household, there might be times with constant popups. So I always click the top option without even reading them. They still disturb my ongoing activity, not to speak of making a film. Wish we could turn them off in the game settings.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    One more thing that is getting annoying: When a sim gets a new relation, the phone gets way too busy with people telling my sim how cool the new friend or relation is. It feels very very very silly when say a mother builds a relation to her kids, that friends all over town will call her to tell how cool it is that they heard about this new friendship! I don't mind a random calkl every now and then (when building contact *outside* the household, it just gets too invasive...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    That constant MOVING. Having dinner? Let's wander through the house! Having a conversation? Let's leave in the middle of it every few minutes so my Sim feels like an obsessive stalker.
  • Options
    OphiuchuserRulesOphiuchuserRules Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2019
    In Get Famous, the pose for paparazzi is most annoying one.The reaction toward good reputation or celebrity bugs me a lot as well. Giving birth in the hospital was impossible, all the NPC wanted to celebrate or cheer instead of doing what they should really do.

In Seasons, random sims will visit your lot, rain or shine. Or should I say blizzard or thunderstorm? I had to use MCCC to make them go asap, otherwise they might die from thunder or freezing.

When there is a toddler in your house, adult sims always want to watch kid's channel, then got bored from it. Adult will always want to watch toddlers, even though they're good. The check toddler action was annoying, there had been times when my toddler was going to sleep, or sit on the toddler chair, another adult I missed to cancel the "check toddler" would ruin it. And don't get me started with the toddler chair! Dang it! Why toddlers always want to be let out? And why the adult will let them out? The toddler chair problem can make any player become hot-headed I'm telling you guys! LOL!

Don't keep any clay in your house! Because your sims will always want to mold it!
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    all of what's been mentioned. Plus this constant urge to put away toys -.- Seriously, I wouldn't mind you being as obnoxious about cleaning up your freaking plates you left all over the house but no you only care about putting away the one toy. Or the diary. Gosh just let it stay there, it's a kids room it's supposed to be messy xD

And what's the thing with trolling teh forums? EVERY Sim does it when I catch them on their computer and sure sometimes I get it but come on that's a little too much.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    My top pet peeves:

After drinking a glass of water walking past a sink, past a dishwasher, then across the living room and setting the empty glass on the coffee table. They then stand there for what seems like half an hour (contemplating life I suppose), then pick it up, walk back and put it in the dishwasher.

Adult sims running around in the rain. Adult sims stomping around in mud. These should be trait related/age related actions.

Running 3 blocks down the street during winter to shovel a snow lump in the middle of an empty field.
  • Options
    One more: The loner trait - I'd like to actually use this trait, but it means they are going to be forum trollers. These should not be connected.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I wish they didn't cancel every action in their queue to gawk at famous sims. When you have to pee, or you are starving to death, please go to the bathroom or eat!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    One more: The loner trait - I'd like to actually use this trait, but it means they are going to be forum trollers. These should not be connected.
    @Arzekial
    Oh? Don't think I've ever seen any of my Loners troll teh forum. At least not more than others. Think it's mostly related to Mischief skill or Mean trait.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Arzekial wrote: »
    @Arzekial
    Oh? Don't think I've ever seen any of my Loners troll teh forum. At least not more than others. Think it's mostly related to Mischief skill or Mean trait.

Hmm.. every time I give a sim loner they are trolling teh forums. Every. Single. Time. lol

If I try making a Loner Writer *creative* *cheerful* *loner* they will troll every time. I'm certain it's not the cheerful or creative traits causing that either. Maybe I'll test some other combos with loner and see what happens.

Edit:

Just tested again. It's definitely the loner trait causing the forum trolling. I used the exact same character in a game start twice. First time with creative, cheerful, loner. Immediately goes to the computer and starts trolling.

*restart*

Same character except loner is switched out for "loves outdoors"

Goes to the computer and chats/plays game. No trolling.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • Options
    FortescueFortescue Posts: 30 Member
    I wish my sims would stop getting a glass of water the second they're done doing what I directed them to do.
    I have to have them clean up so many dishes every day because they just can't stop.
    “I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
  • Options
    I wish my sims didn't take a seat and get up again every time they put a book down on the table when they're done reading it (either by choice or my command). It's even more silly and annoying when they've been reading close to the bookshelf.
  • Options
    KLAlexisKLAlexis Posts: 472 Member
    Don't keep any clay in your house! Because your sims will always want to mold it!

Yeeup.. Learned that the hard way. I downloaded a house into my game the other day, and while playing I noticed that a small statue that was on a desk was gone, and I kept finding bowls, Eifel towers, etc all over the living room. Come to find out that the small statue was clay... I didnt even know that clay was in the game. I'm sitting here wondering why all of my sims keep getting inspired and that's why. It is kind of annoying how obssessed they are over it.
    "The truth hurts, but lies kill"
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I think my biggest beef so far is when one Sim is already preparing a meal to serve and the hungry ones go to the fridge for food! What do you think that Sim was doing? They're well aware it's passed dinner time and ya'll are hungry. face/palm.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Many things but a few are...

- Always having to turn on and listen to the radio if it is in the room.
    - Constantly going to drink tap water.
    - Getting up from the couch or chair while watching a movie.
    - Going to eat at the couch instead of the table.

There are many more - but those are a few anyways.