Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you wish your Sims didn't do

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    Randomly serenading their loved one all the time. It bothers me so much that I had to download a mod to stop it.
  • Options
    bayleafcandlebayleafcandle Posts: 23 Member
    I'm currently playing with a three-story house, and my sims always want to go all the way to a third floor sink to to the dishes
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My sims danced so much I had to delete the radio!! Even the toddler wouldn't stop. Everytime I cut it off they cut it back on.
    But I agree with everything said here. I'm cracking up.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    My sims danced so much I had to delete the radio!! Even the toddler wouldn't stop. Everytime I cut it off they cut it back on.
    But I agree with everything said here. I'm cracking up.

I sometimes wish my sims would pay a little less attention to the stereo as well.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    While playing, I just noticed another thing I forgot in my list: The weird chicken sound they make every time they tell a joke or practise speeches. It was funny at first, but it's extremely overused. No sane person imitates a chicken that much.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    .'*~INSPIRED!~*'. "I think I'll make a drink! I can either leave it to rot, or give myself a four hour Uncomfortable moodlet because it's not good enough and I am a Foodie."
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Wake up at 5 in the morning with the trait: Lazy. Yeah right.. Bring back alarm clocks pls!

Taking a loooong route to do something that is right beside them.

I also wish they never do that cringy animation whenever they go and woohoo. I want different reactions according to their age and traits.
  • Options
    Chushii58Chushii58 Posts: 49 Member
    Refusing to get something out of the fridge is someone else is already there. Like calm down by the time you get there the other person will be done, stop whining you can't get there! I've seriously considered getting a second fridge for my 100 Baby Challenge because the kid upstairs won't head down to get some cereal because when I clicked it Mom was grabbing leftovers.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I really wish other sims would stop inviting my sim to whatever when he/she's at work, or just went to bed. It never fails.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Chushii58 wrote: »
    Refusing to get something out of the fridge is someone else is already there. Like calm down by the time you get there the other person will be done, stop whining you can't get there! I've seriously considered getting a second fridge for my 100 Baby Challenge because the kid upstairs won't head down to get some cereal because when I clicked it Mom was grabbing leftovers.

Yeah, the lack of an orderly fridge queue is one of the largest everyday flaws of the game.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Try travelling from your phone to your home lot; it's a lot quicker.

Maybe but I'm lazy and the home button requires less menu hopping. Isn't that what the home button is supposed to be there for anyway?
    Or, hitting M and travel that way, also instant :)

Didn't know about this one, Just hitting M makes the lazyness with in me so happy. you have no idea.

• Options
    stephanie132392stephanie132392 Posts: 91 Member
    1. Never eating at the dinning table (NO LINDA! You're not supposed to eat on the toddler bed!)
    2. Stopping in the middle of a task for no reason... :|
    3. Washing dishes in the bathroom sink.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    2. Stopping in the middle of a task for no reason... :|
    I only just started seeing this happen. A Culinary Sim I was having hammer out his 3 dishes for the day kept just quitting, and wanting to go weed the garden. I don't know if it's the game, or the tuning mod I added to get him to leave his home bar alone. :D
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Idle animations that don't auto cancel when I give an order. Canceling that seems to not be as instant as I swear it used to be in prior games.

Standing to watch the TV instead of sitting to watch the tv. Watching TV at all angles even from behind.

No real sense of what is happening around them. Oh that person just passed out? Meh! The neighborhood perfect family just caught on fire! Do doo do. *continues walking, jogging, cooking endless meals in the community areas. Your best friend just died but you weren't there to know it.... *instant sad* also do all Sims die at 3am cause that is when my Sim gets a phone call about it.

Go for a short walk - gone for hours, dog comes home and passes out.

Oh you didn't clean up that dog poo in front of your house in time? Too bad it's now a trash plant and you can't get rid of it.

So many things that I can't think of all of them lol.
  • Options
    NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    Oh, so many things!

What annoys me most is when they have to go... but instead of walking to the bathroom, they stand there waving at me like I'm supposed to do something. What do I do? I shrug and say "If you're that stupid, go ahead and pee your pants." My sims all have full autonomy. They don't need my permission to use the facilities.

I'm also frustrated when they pick up and put down their toddlers, especially when a high chair is involved. I hate it when they fix a family dinner, grab a serving for themselves, and then grab another serving when I suggest they call the rest of the family to eat. And falling asleep in the bath tub? Please, no. Other people need to use the tub, the toilet, and the sink.

Their whims are frustrating, too. In Sims 2, wishes made sense. Out on a date, for example, in Sims 2 my sim might have a wish to kiss the girl he was with. In Sims 4, that sim might suddenly have a whim to buy a television.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    When they go to use something a staircase away, you cancel immediately - even canceling the walk icon at the base, yet they keep going towards the staircase and use it anyway (especially annoying with toddlers).

Getting up from eating just to hug someone hello when they all live in the same house and nobody came home from another lot recently or anything.

Sitting in the hot tub for about 15 minutes and getting out before another sim has time to join them.

Putting the single dish they just ate from in the dishwasher rather than collecting more dishes nearby in the process, holding up the dishwasher for a bit. Other times, they bring the pile of dishes all over the house just to pick up some other dish from another floor.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Asking to buy a bee box in the whims. I swear all my sims are obsessed with owning one of these things. :D
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims going for jogs during a date.

Walking around the house hugging each other every five minutes.

Walking up three flights of stairs to wash dishes in a bathroom.

Flirting with random sims, especially sims of the same sex, when they've lead a straight, married life.

Teens pulling out homework on community lots and freezing my game.

• Options
    FifinezFifinez Posts: 59 Member
    Leaving their dirty dishes around and only picking up one at a time when commanded to clean up.
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Stop walking away mid-conversation to use the host's computer. Seriously, that is heckin' rude.

Stop randomly going off to jog mid-conversation. Who does that?

Stop getting water/juice/milk from the fridge (or water from sink) every 5 seconds.

Walking to the other side of a house/up stairs to put down a dirty plate or dish on an obscure table. WHY.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Asking to buy a bee box in the whims. I swear all my sims are obsessed with owning one of these things. :D

I turned off the whims because of that. Now they have to earn their perk points through the aspirations.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Whim - Buy Pet Ball
    *Buys Pet Ball*
    Whim - Buy Squeaky Toy
    *sighs* Buys Squeaky Toy *
    Whim - Buy Pet Ball

🐸🐸🐸🐸 Why! *cries* why?
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Deciding not to wash the dishes in the nearest sink or walk a mile into the other room to wash a dish. Bleh.
  • Options
    bromstbromst Posts: 18 New Member
    honestly ignoring the dishwasher is a huge pet peeve of mine. They would like go upstairs to wash dishes (even though the dishwasher is like 5 steps away from the dinner table) or placing dirty plates on the stereo stand which is in the other side of the house.

Also continuing to walk somewhere even though I cancelled the action before.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I swear the next sim who wants to buy a bee box will get a greenhouse full, spending the next few days bonding with each one of them.
    Really wish there was a cooldown on whims, once you have cancelled it, it shouldn't return 3 minutes later (or less).

I've gotten rid of some annoyances by not having certain objects in the house, like sinks, card tables, high chairs and dollhouses.

What annoys me are sims that continue to do things/walk somewhere even if you cancel the action.
    Sims constantly getting drinks from the fridge.
    Sim parents who wants to "check toddler" ALL.THE.TIME. Its not like they DO something, just stand there and LOOK at the lil one.
    Sim standing up when having a meal, to wait for some other sim coming from the other side of the house, to give them a hug.

Basically anything that is a waste of time, and not spent doing something useful