Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you wish your Sims didn't do

I come across this one thing so very often it made me wonder what your Sims do that really grinds your gears?

What I'm talking about here is when your Sim is eating, another Sim wants to go hug it. It's such a pain in a large house too because your eating Sim will stand up and not eat, while the other Sim will walk over there to give the hug and once done your eating Sim will continue to feed. I go nuts over this xD Leave an eating Sim alone!
You're Breathtaking!

Comments

• Options
    O-meezyO-meezy Posts: 165 Member
    Randomly standing up and walking around when their supposed to be watching a movie/TV :/
  • Options
    LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Constantly taking the kid in and out of the highchair and the CONSTANT selfies.
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I dont like it when they have to run away to find a place to sit before running back to where they were before performing certain interactions
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member

I wish that my sims weren't so obsessed by washing their hands all the time. I'm glad they practice good hand hygiene, but this is ridiculous. I also wish that my sims' guests would use the same glass to drink from several times instead of leaving a dozen empty glasses scattered about, especially since you can't drag those over to the sink/washer.

I dont like it when they have to run away to find a place to sit before running back to where they were before performing certain interactions

That feature has annoyed me from day one. Why do they have to do all that just to interact with something or someone right in front of them??
  • Options
    That reminds me, guests, I want to set them on fire when they come to visit...

"Hello neighbour!"
    "Why hello, how are y..."
    *neighbour is already sitting at your computer*

That's annoying indeed. It's funny though, my only human sim I have at the moment decorated his bedroom with garlic braids, wreaths etc., and that's also where his computer is. His vampire friend stops by, AGAIN, and goes straight for the computer. He's wining and groaning because of all the garlic around, gets up to vomit now and again, but that doesn't stop him from keep playing. xD
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Random singing during any holiday. ANY holiday. Even the mundane ones like spring cleaning or something.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I have always found it annoying, and weird that often when your sim is happy (not cheerful or anything like that, just a green mood when they have full needs) they will just laugh out loud for no reason.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    When they break something that was upgraded to unbreakable.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    "I might go read a book."
    *ponders this for an hour*
    "I've decided not to."

This just made me laugh out loud xD
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Oh, how could I forget their complete inability to notice what other sims around them are doing, always going for the leftovers in the fridge while someone is preparing a group meal right in front of their noses? I think almost everything that annoys me about sims' behaviour could be summed up in one word: their STUPIDTY.
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    1. Randomly ordering drinks and snacks while at work in an active career
    2. Randomly getting water from the fridge or sink
    3. Washing the dishes in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bathroom sink WHEN THE KITCHEN SINK IS LITERALLY JUST A FEW STEPS AWAY.
    4. Prepping food in the bathroom sink
    5. Randomly getting books
    6. SITTING ON THE TOILET FOR 7 HOURS STRAIGHT. Seriously, this is so annoying 😒
    7. Watching TV on the dining room chair when the sofa is a few steps away
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    constantly smiling. wish they'd dampen the happy moodlet a bit and have sims be fine more often.
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2019
    constantly canceling the go home action on other lots. you're tired just go home I swear I have to hit that button about 30 times before my sim actually goes home.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    When they break something that was upgraded to unbreakable.

Oh yeah, "unbreakable" radios with the lifespan of single sim week.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    constantly smiling. wish they'd dampen the happy moodlet a bit and have sims be fine more often.

This! It's more common to be just fine than bouncy happy. Plus it's just creepy.

I mean if your needs are satisfied you wouldn't be sitting in your chair grinning because you don't have to pee again for another couple of hours.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Their sudden urge to watch TV or turn the stereo on (or whatever makes noise) in the middle of the night while they live in a flat. It's okay when I decide to create a sim who's a total backside entrance, but normally I prefer them to get along with their neighbours.
  • Options
    paleplantpaleplant Posts: 17 Member
    It's so frustrating tome when I'll have them start a task and they'll just stop in the middle of it for no reason. I have this happen with sims doing homework, reading a book, cooking, etc. I don't think this has ever happened when they were playing video games though xD.
    EA ID: Angelictrait
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    using there phone to much
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

This! It's more common to be just fine than bouncy happy. Plus it's just creepy.

I mean if your needs are satisfied you wouldn't be sitting in your chair grinning because you don't have to pee again for another couple of hours.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    2 things annoy me at the moment.

Picking up a book, going to sit down to read it, only to immediately stand up again, go back to the bookshelf and put the book away without having read anything.

The overly needy pets fill the action queue at very specific times; when a sim is sat down eating a meal, and when you've finally got them to actually read the book.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Techbilt wrote: »
    constantly canceling the go home action on other lots. you're tired just go home I swear I have to hit that button about 30 times before my sim actually goes home.

Try travelling from your phone to your home lot; it's a lot quicker.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Techbilt wrote: »

Try travelling from your phone to your home lot; it's a lot quicker.

Or, hitting M and travel that way, also instant :)
    You're Breathtaking!