The Sims 4 History Challenge is a Legacy-style challenge that takes you and your Sims on a journey through history. You’ll start in the Stone Age, and progress all the way to Modern Day. Each Era is designed to be unique and provide a different experience from the Era before it, while still maintaining historic accuracy. You’ll be restricted on what objects, careers, and aspirations you can have, but will unlock more options as you play. While these restrictions will force you to adhere to the struggles of that Era, there are also unique goals that will encourage you to experience life in that time period.
This challenge was originally created by Cloudseeker, and inspired by the Through History Legacy Challenge for the Sims 3, as well as the Legacy challenge. Credit and thanks to Cassalina, Pinstar, and ImaginingMystic for the inspiration behind the challenge, and a huge thanks to Cloudseeker for creating the original History Challenge for the Sims 4. While the challenge may have changed with time from what he originally created, it wouldn’t be here if he hadn’t laid the foundation for such a unique and intriguing challenge.
Credit also goes to Cloudseeker for the images used in this section. Enjoy!
Well, now that that's out of the way... Hi! I'm Snowie, the lead maintainer for this challenge. Yes, you read that correctly, I'm not the original creator of the History Challenge. The original creator, Cloudseeker, has given me his blessing to keep this challenge alive--you can check out his notes on the subject in the original History Challenge thread here
. I've been updating this challenge from his original template for the last two years now, and decided it was time to take a second look at everything and rebuild it from the ground up--which is exactly what I've done!
The reason this challenge is still flagged as Beta is because there hasn't been enough feedback on the long-term goals of the challenge, as it is a rather long one. The length of the challenge is also why I won't be posting all the rules, goals, etc. on this thread. Please check out the Google Document to read through everything about the challenge. I do apologize for any inconvenience that not posting the entirety of that document's contents on the forums may cause, but the challenge is much clearer and easier to understand in the format that I designed it for.
There are some challenge-wide goals that you'll be shooting for in this challenge, as well as a smaller set of goals for each generation. There are two difficulties; Casual and Historian, as well as an Enduring Eras mode that will make the challenge longer and slower paced. Check out the "Eras" and "Challenge-Wide Goals" sections for an explanation on how those work. Since there's a lot to track, I've made a that will allow you to keep track of your progress on all the goals, as well as a family tree to record your Sims through the generations! Please follow the instructions on how to make a copy of this scoresheet for yourself, as the link will take you to the read-only master copy.
This post is long enough already, so I'll leave it at that! Links to the challenge and scoresheet are below, as well as the change log. Happy Simming!
Change Log 7/11/19
Patch 1.52 Updates
More Island Living Support
- Added the use of the “Off The Grid” lot trait to the suggestions section for the first four Eras.
- Allowed the Fisherman part-time job starting in Early Civilization and onward.
- Allowed taking odd jobs starting in Modern Day.
- No restrictions on lounge chairs.
- Allowed the Kava Bowl starting in the Stone Age and onward.
- Allowed the Lifeguard part-time job starting in the Roaring 20’s and onward.
- Allowed the Diving part-time job starting in the Roaring 20’s and onward.
- I added suggested restrictions to each era regarding the diving tools and interactions. As always, these are suggestions and you don’t have to follow them if you don’t want to.
- Allowed the Conservationist career starting in Modern Day.
- You can, however, do various things to clean up the island at any time. You just can’t do the career until Modern Day.
- Ex: Things like beachcombing for trash, cleaning up trash on the beach/water, and cleaning up residue left by the volcano will all help you clean up the Island without being part of the Conservationist career.
- Allowed the Beach Life aspiration starting in the Stone Age and onward.