Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[BETA] The Sims 4 History Challenge (2.0)

124...Next

Comments

• SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    Change Log: 7/28/22
    An update to add support for High School Years, and clean up a couple things.
    General:
    • Changed the challenge-wide collections goal to be 8 and an additional 5, to compensate for Outdoor Retreat being removed as a required pack.
    • Changed the challenge-wide skills goal to be 18 and an additional 11, to compensate for Outdoor Retreat being removed as a required pack.
    • Changed the challenge-wide aspirations goal to be 18 and an additional 11, to compensate for Outdoor Retreat being removed as a required pack.
    • Added the new base game rewards store trait and potions to the scoresheet, and removed the Outdoor Retreat ones.

High School Years Support:
    • Since I don’t have restrictions (only suggestions) on when you can send your Sims to school, I won’t be restricting going to active school days either. There’s even a “drop out” action if your teens talk to the principal now, so sending them to school briefly to do that may make your life easier. Just as with the Parenthood school projects though, anytime your kids/teens are actively going to school, you can attend active school days with them.
      -You can rebuild the High School lot from this pack to be era-specific, such as having a small schoolhouse in earlier generations!
    • Footballs may be purchased and used starting in the Stone Age and onward.
    • Starting in the Industrial Revolution and onward, you will have access to the following:
      -Items: Thrifting clothes racks, Thrifting counter, and Cheer mats.
      -School Activities: Chess team, Cheer team, and the Football team.
      -The Live Fast teen aspiration.
    • Photo Booths will be allowed starting in the Roaring 20s and onward. I’ve also added this pack to the suggested packs for this Era, as lots of it is Art Deco-inspired.
    • While not explicitly listed, the Boba Tea Station, Computer club school activity, Simfluencer career, Video Game Streamer career, Thrift & Bubble Tea Store lot type, and the Drama Llama, Goal Oriented and Admired Icon aspirations are all allowed starting in Modern Day and onward.
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!
  • SnowieSnowie Posts: 441 Member
    edited February 29
    Change Log 2/27/24
    Expansions and stuff packs and millions of kits, oh my! This update adds support for Growing Together, Horse Ranch, For Rent, Home Chef Hustle, and Crystal Creations, as well as a few general updates to fill in missing content and rebalance the Renaissance.
    Mini-Update: 2/29/24
    This is the update for the Crystal Creations stuff pack! I did some deliberating on this one, since the crafting table (shocker) isn’t overly history-friendly despite the skill fitting well in history. Additionally, I decided to separate the aspiration for this pack from the items, as I felt the idea of a Sim devoting their life to this skill made more sense in the time period when crystal charging was refined to how the pack portrays it.
    • The Gemology Table and Crystal Charging Grid will be allowed starting in Early Civilization and onward.
    • Sims may have the Crystal Crafter aspiration starting in the Atomic Age and onward.

General:
    • Telescopes (the new, small ones, not the giant ones) have been moved from the Great Sim Frontier to the Renaissance. Galileo, anybody?
    • You are now allowed to start with any number of pets (horses included) in your household. Just don’t get too crazy with it, or you might regret it!
    • The Lord/Lady of the Knits aspiration has been moved from the Middle Ages to the Great Sim Frontier, since it requires “computer” access.
    • The base game Neighborhood Confidante aspiration has been added to the Middle Ages, and the base game Villainous Valentine aspiration has been added to the Great Sim Frontier.
    • Ice Skating Rinks were added to the Renaissance, and Roller Skating Rinks were added to the Industrial Revolution.
    • Washing Machines and Dryers were added to the Roaring 20’s.
    • Infant-related furniture has been added to the Stone Age, but may be moved if it’s too immersion-breaking and isn’t too inconvenient to play without.

And finally, one of the goals for the Renaissance has been changed. Previously, they were too artistic-focused for one era. While the arts were certainly booming during the renaissance, so were philosophical and scientific discoveries. Hopefully the new goal reflects that, and adds some diversity to this era.
    • Changed the “Jam Session” goals in the Renaissance to the following:
      - Casual Difficulty: Have a Sim successfully “Provide Logical Solutions to Problems” or “Rant Logically” 10 times.
      - Historian Difficulty: Have a Sim successfully “Provide Logical Solutions to Problems” or “Rant Logically” with 10 different Sims.

Growing Together:
    Originally, I made a discord post about this pack saying that there wasn’t much to update for it. Since then, I’ve re-evaluated the new features of this pack and added them to this challenge. Please take a look as these updates haven’t been posted anywhere else so far.
    • Sims may purchase and use Treehouses and Changing Tables starting in the Stone Age.
    • Starting in the Middle Ages, Sims may now have the Creative Genius child aspiration and buy and use Friendship Bracelet Kits.
    • Sims may have the Slumber Party Animal child aspiration starting in the Renaissance.
    • Sims may have the Mind and Body child aspiration starting in the Great Sim Frontier.
    • Sims may have the Playtime Captain child aspiration starting in the Atomic Age. Additionally, you may build and visit Recreation Centers starting in this era.

Horse Ranch:
    • Horses can be added to the household from the beginning of the challenge. However, you will not be allowed to participate in Horse Competitions until the Great Sim Frontier.
    • Starting in the Stone Age, Sims may adopt horses, mini-goats, and mini-sheep freely. You may also purchase Horse/Livestock Beds, Food Troughs, and Water Troughs starting in this era.
    • You may purchase Nectar Makers and Nectar Racks, have the Expert Nectar Maker aspiration, and hire a Ranch Hand starting in Early Civilization.
    • In the Great Sim Frontier, your Sims may now participate in Horse Competitions and have the Championship Rider aspiration.

For Rent:
    Originally, I wasn’t going to allow residential rentals until a few generations in. However, the early generations seem like an opportune time to allow this feature so that players can support the large families and close-knit community of the first few eras. More restrictions could be added to this, though, as the goal isn’t to profit off of rentals early on and I haven’t tested this pack much.
    • Starting in the Stone Age, you may purchase and use Marbles and your Sims may own, build, and live on Residential Rental lots.
    • Hopscotch, the Handyperson part-time job, and the Seeker of Secrets aspiration are all allowed starting in Early Civilization.
    • In the Middle Ages and onward, Sims may have the Five-Star Property Owner and Discerning Dweller aspirations.
    • The Water Heater and Fuse Box items may be purchased and used starting in the Industrial Revolution.
    • Sims may purchase Slow Cookers and have the Fount of Tomorani Knowledge aspiration starting in the Atomic Age.

Home Chef Hustle:
    This stuff pack comes with a new type of selling table, which will be grouped with “Selling Tables” in the rules as it is functionally the same.
    • Sims may purchase and use Pizza Ovens starting in the Industrial Revolution.
    • Starting in the Roaring 20’s, Sims may have the Market Magnate aspiration and purchase and use the Mixer and Waffle Maker appliances.
    • In the Atomic Age and onward, sims may have the Appliance Whiz aspiration.

That’s all the updates for now! Thank you all for your patience in waiting for this challenge to be officially updated. I’ve been dealing with a lot of life changes over the last couple of years and haven’t had as much time or motivation to focus on this challenge. I do put all my notes for updates to this challenge at the very bottom of this document, and post about support for new packs on the discord server, if you’re looking for updates that haven’t officially been published yet. I hope everyone is enjoying their new year, and happy simming!
    Post edited by Snowie on
    Playing the History Challenge? Make sure you have the up-to-date rules here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top