Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Did you know...
    • 4 New Harvestables
    • Dozen New Fish
    • Seashell Collection
    • Falling Lava Balls
    • Sharks & Dolphins
    • Nudist Lot Trait
    • Off the Grid Lot Trait
    • Elementals Lot Trait
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    JadedJane wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    That you can tan or burn any world as long as the pack is installed and what you wear or pranks pulled can affect those tan lines? Also, cc needs proper alpha channels for it to work properly and any skin besides fantasy skin tones can tan or burn.

Also apparently they fixed the ceiling fans so you can turn them off, on and cool sims down.

Info from Rachybop and SimsVIP.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but what do they mean by alpha channels? And how do you know you have the proper alpha channel?

Hard to explain as I only made a few cc; but has to do with coloring and matching to the outfit and uv map. Uv 1 map has to do with sliders and uv 0 has to do with how the outfit will look when you put in textures. Like some necklaces and outfits I made didn't work well with others like glasses would turn black, etc....so everything has to be just in the right slot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    The welcome wagon on the island brings a bowl of Kava rather than the dreaded fruitcake. Nice touch.

They must know a lot better than re-using some old fruit cake and nearly killing people :D Sulani people are pure and nice!
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Wait, you can actually place a volcano? Thats wild.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    edited June 2019
    Jean wrote: »

No, you can get lava bombs in any world if that lot has the volcanic activity trait(except apartments without outdoor space). But you can't place the volcano.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It would be kind of weird to see lava bombs in Brindleton Bay since that is based on the East coast and the West coast are more likely to have volcanoes. But on the other hand, it could be like meteors.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Jean wrote: »

No, you can get lava bombs in any world if that lot has the volcanic activity trait(except apartments without outdoor space). But you can't place the volcano.

I heard we could place the volcano in other worlds.
  • Options
    Did you know?

There are a lot of underwater and ocean pics you can hang on the wall. Saw it mentioned by one of the game changers.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    It would be kind of weird to see lava bombs in Brindleton Bay since that is based on the East coast and the West coast are more likely to have volcanoes. But on the other hand, it could be like meteors.

Or you could use it for background effects if you were doing an apocalypse challenge :p
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    edited June 2019
    Counterpoint :
    MV5BMTI0NzM3NTkxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDE4NDgzMQ@@._V1_UY268_CR43,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    Not weird at all.

On a serious note, perhaps i will use it for my survival game, combined with off the grid trait.
  • Options
    politicalzenpoliticalzen Posts: 1 New Member
    Did you know that sims with the "Child of the Ocean" trait get a +2 happy moodlet when they are swimming?
  • Options
    Did you know that sims with the "Child of the Ocean" trait get a +2 happy moodlet when they are swimming?

I wonder if that will work for pools as well.
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    Even though you cant go diving underwater with your sims like in The Sims 3, If you go snorkeling in first person, its like your underwater!!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    magooo63 wrote: »
    Even though you cant go diving underwater with your sims like in The Sims 3, If you go snorkeling in first person, its like your underwater!!
    Hmmm that may be interesting. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Did you know?

You can make shark and sea turtle sandcastles.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Seagulls can steal items from your Sims personal inventory.

iTXTobC.jpg

I got the screen grab from Deligracy's first gameplay video time stamp 8:16. I tried to get a better clearer image but I'm on my tablet.

Link to video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJJGdqppGg&t=504s
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2019
    magooo63 wrote: »
    Hmmm that may be interesting. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsUG2QEXv40
    I believe you can see it at around 6:35 of the video
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Seagulls can steal items from your Sims personal inventory.

iTXTobC.jpg

I got the screen grab from Deligracy's first gameplay video time stamp 8:16. I tried to get a better clearer image but I'm on my tablet.

Link to video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CHJJGdqppGg&t=504s

lol. that's funny!

34dx003.gif
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Unless it's a rare collectible....
    Is there any word on the (supposedly) three types of dolphins and the sharks? Haven't seen either.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    @catloverplayer love your new avatar. <3
  • Options
    @catloverplayer love your new avatar. <3

Thank you.