Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Name your dolphin friend "Momora" for maximum cuteness.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited June 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Mermaids can't climb the ladder that takes you from the water to land. It's one big duh if you think about it, given the tail situation :joy:

Maybe you have a glitch because mine has. He changes out of his tail and then climbs.

Okay I'm just imagining things because I went back and double checked and nope. What I saw was them using the pier to jump off, which they can do.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    You can't click on your sim for them to pee in the ocean, they have to be swimming in the ocean when their bladder fails to get the 'secretly relieved' moodlet.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Neighbors will bring by extra food.
    LissyK9 wrote: »
    You can't click on your sim for them to pee in the ocean, they have to be swimming in the ocean when their bladder fails to get the 'secretly relieved' moodlet.

Yes you can, it just has to be low. That one I'm positive on this time lol, because I've done it several times. The bladder need just has to be low enough, usually red but I've seen it occasionally in yellow.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    If your mermaid sim has a water balloon fight, their hydration need goes up when they get hit by a balloon :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Mermaids can't climb the ladder that takes you from the water to land. It's one big duh if you think about it, given the tail situation :joy:

Maybe you have a glitch because mine has. He changes out of his tail and then climbs.

Okay I'm just imagining things because I went back and double checked and nope. What I saw was them using the pier to jump off, which they can do.

Yeah, entering the water is okay. It's when exiting it that they can't use ladders since they don't have legs
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    I saw just 1 paparazzi at the bar.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Does anyone know whether being out in the rain (without an umbrella) gives mermaids hydration?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    Does anyone know whether being out in the rain (without an umbrella) gives mermaids hydration?

Yes it does, they can also summon clear skies/heavy rain/thunderstorms.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    LissyK9 wrote: »
    I was playing a slob sim and the second his bladder bar hit yellow, he wasted no time peeing in the ocean. Quite happy with himself about it too. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    One of the jet ski swatches is a shark.
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Mermaids sprout find in pools.

Sims and mermaids can sleep in pools.
    wait... what is that first one?
    Thank you. That was really puzzling me. :lol:

Fins.

My phone auto corrected.

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited June 2019
    You can buy things to upgrade your Aqua Zip to add all these cool features. Here's my Sim, Kamila riding on her newly upgraded Aqua Zip, while is spits fire & it plays her favorite tunes of hip-hop music

at8vNZJ.png

I guess Sims can also do tricks on the Aqua Zips....(I'm wondering if there's a hidden skill for that as she just did it autonomously)
    lIjoImt.png

& dogs can swim in the ocean. I wasn't sure if they could or not.
    InKIaye.png
    Mollie's having a blast with the family swimming

• EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    @simsonthemoon I merged your thread in here as both threads were discussing the same thing and it made sense to have the two together so you can all discuss in the same place :smile:
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Did you know if you ask a dolphin to perform a trick they can rebel by squirting your Sim in the face :lol:

The dolphins have a cheekiness in this game and its adorable.
    giphy.gif
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Did you know seagulls can drop foul fish on your sims and poop on them while lounging on the beach 🏝

• Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    Sorry if this has been said but my mermaid didn't like to eat fish! Not sure if it is a mermaid thing or to do with one of the traits? She has both new ones.

Had an Uncomfortable moodlet. Stomach Squall. Devouring the fishy friend has left a foul feeling within.

And as I was writing this... Vlad came and drained her blood. So vampires like mermaid blood too!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
    Sorry if this has been said but my mermaid didn't like to eat fish! Not sure if it is a mermaid thing or to do with one of the traits? She has both new ones.

Had an Uncomfortable moodlet. Stomach Squall. Devouring the fishy friend has left a foul feeling within.

And as I was writing this... Vlad came and drained her blood. So vampires like mermaid blood too!

Awesome about vampires drinking mermaid blood.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019

I think it is from the child of the ocean trait. My sim hated eating and gets sad fishing, etc...
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »

I think it is from the child of the ocean trait. My sim hated eating and gets sad fishing, etc...

The devs said merfolk do not like fishermen or people who eat fish - the fish are their friends and pets, etc and they are half fish themselves. Think about it - if you were half a species wouldn't it feel like eating your ancestors?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    XxAirixX wrote: »

The devs said merfolk do not like fishermen or people who eat fish - the fish are their friends and pets, etc and they are half fish themselves. Think about it - if you were half a species wouldn't it feel like eating your ancestors?

They feed dolphins fish though.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    You can buy things to upgrade your Aqua Zip to add all these cool features. Here's my Sim, Kamila riding on her newly upgraded Aqua Zip, while is spits fire & it plays her favorite tunes of hip-hop music

at8vNZJ.png

I guess Sims can also do tricks on the Aqua Zips....(I'm wondering if there's a hidden skill for that as she just did it autonomously)
    lIjoImt.png

& dogs can swim in the ocean. I wasn't sure if they could or not.
    InKIaye.png
    plum's having a blast with the family swimming

Awesome pictures. Tricks on the aqua zips are related to fitness skill as is swimming which now has new styles.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    One of the new recipes is in the pack is a fish sandwich. Nom. :p
    6oJ3x3I.png
    5vJrxmT.png