Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you usually play Careers? Go with them, Work from Home or Rabbit hole

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Do a work from home / Freelancer job
    In general I like the rabbit hole jobs. I play my Sims at home and don't feel a need to play them at work, too. I usually have large households, and it's nice getting rid of some Sims for a few hours and focusing on others. The kids go to school, I can work on the parents. One parent is at work, I can deal with the other. I like the mechanics of it.

That said, since I discovered the Style Influencer career, that's my favorite job. I tend to make Artsy Sims to begin with, so I've had many who stay home to paint or write. Often, one parent goes to a rabbit hole while the other works at home and takes care of the kids. With the Style Influencer, the work-at-home task is easier and faster than the daily homework. I can send a Sim to work, then spend hours doing more work, or I can choose to stay home, check in at a museum or offer a makeover to a terribly-dressed townie, and be done.

My play is split between rabbit holes and work at home, but I had to choose one, so I chose my favorite.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Do a work from home / Freelancer job
    Honestly, it is a bit of a mix. Singleton Sims living on their own Freelance or take a career with a work from home option.

In my family household, everyone is in rabbitholes. If I had a home-schooling option, I might want an adult home as well, or I might let my teen run himself. Imagine the mischief!
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Is it me or does anyone think the rabbit hole career pay is extremely low?
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2019
    Let them go alone Rabbit Hole job
    Actually my Sims will have every job that I think will suit them. When I play active careers I stop following them to work, once they have the job level I want them to have. Who needs 5 police captains, right?^^
    I prefwr rabbithole careers most of the time, because I am playing with huge families, so I like the time I don't have to take care of the whole household.
    If I have a single parent with only 1 or 2 kids, I like to work from home.
    Post edited by Simsandra on
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    edited June 2019
    Go with them to Active Job from GTW
    Most of my sims are doctors, detectives, or scientists.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Active Job from GTW but send them alone most days
    Depends really. Like if I have a lot of sims or don't feel like completing tasks if it meant traveling or buying something, I will send them to a rabbit hole. If I really like the career or need to have them do something in order to advance or complete an aspiration, I would go with them to work.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I play a lot of households - but I like the jobs that are hands on the most and go with Sims to work or control them working in what ever job I have them do, My favorite career is the Science one - and I also like the freelance jobs and make my Sims that are in those jobs work regular hours every day (4-5 days a week) until they top the career. I like schedules and the only way a household can escape my control is go on a vacation. I do reward them all with vacations now and then.

Most of the careers in the game I have sims doing in some household. The Maxis Sims - if they don't have jobs I generally get them jobs at rabbit hole or with the 3 hands on careers as co-workers. I do not go to work with the Maxis Sims - but enjoy my sims having them as co-workers a lot better than the NPCs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Is it me or does anyone think the rabbit hole career pay is extremely low?

It is most likely not any lower than real life wages most people are paid. Everyones always talking about Sims being realistic.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    The active careers from TS3 and TS4 are interesting...the first time you play them. Then they get tedious, especially the detective career from TS4. I like the semi-active ones, especially the politician one, and I'm perfectly all right with rabbit hole ones.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have a Doctor Sims that I often go to work with, and I plan to have another Sim manage a restaurant, and some sims do some painting or writing at home or work stuff at home, but for the most part, I often just send a lot of my sims to their rabbit hole jobs.

I tend to play families, so I sometimes have someone to play with while the working sims are at their jobs.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I agree with Reg, I love the scientist career and usually have 2-3 scientists in my saves. I always go with them. I'm just now getting into the acting career and I love it!

I like the jobs from home and many of my sims have these jobs. I have only a couple I send to rabbithole jobs. I hated the rabbitholes in Sims 3 and am really surprised at how many simmers use them.

I also use Ministry of Labor to register for jobs that aren't on the list, like archologists who spend a lot of time in the jungle. I have a whole family who visit the jungle regularly, and Granite Falls for the herbalists.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    It varies and depends on the sim for me. My main sim is a stay at home parent/freelance worker, whilst his partner has a regular rabbit hole job. This works well as it means regular income for the family and time for me to focus on my main sim and toddler.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Normally will rabbit hole unless it’s a work from home job and my sims needs are too low or if any toddlers need taking care of.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    All of the above! I enjoy all the job types though I wish the Get to Work ones got an overhaul. Aside from skills, careers are probably my fav thing about the sims in general. I don't mind rabbit hole as long as they come with a special interaction and TS4 has been good with that so far. I do love that most careers now come with a work from home option and I hope more and more things are added to the freelancer section. I am still holding out for a teacher career though and then my game will be complete.