Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruLyndsay confirms The Sims 4 has no planned End-Date.

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Vince wrote: »
    Unpopular opinon :

The Sims 4 is the best.
    Having a closed world forces to focus on our Sims. Which is a good thing in my opinion!
    I mean, I've met a lot of people who were complaining about the fact that the game needs to load when we want to visit another area.
    But, let's be honest, loading are really fast. (Even if it depends on your computer, but most of the time, they are pretty fast)
    I have a feeling of intimacy when I play, because of the closed world. And I really appreciate that!

So, yeah, I'm definitely happy with that!

I was same as you. I really really love this game.

Same here! :smile:

And I’m tired of feeling like I should be ashamed of that fact by certain simmers.

This game is one of my top favorites, and I play it a lot. :) I will keep supporting it until the next Sims game (Sims 5) is announced.

I’m so glad we’re getting supernaturals and magic this year! :smiley:

Then, hopefully, we get University or a school pack next year. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Vince wrote: »
    Unpopular opinon :

The Sims 4 is the best.
    Having a closed world forces to focus on our Sims. Which is a good thing in my opinion!
    I mean, I've met a lot of people who were complaining about the fact that the game needs to load when we want to visit another area.
    But, let's be honest, loading are really fast. (Even if it depends on your computer, but most of the time, they are pretty fast)
    I have a feeling of intimacy when I play, because of the closed world. And I really appreciate that!

So, yeah, I'm definitely happy with that!

I was same as you. I really really love this game.

Same here! :smile:

And I’m tired of feeling like I should be ashamed of that fact by certain simmers.

This game is one of my top favorites, and I play it a lot. :) I will keep supporting it until the next Sims game (Sims 5) is announced.

I’m so glad we’re getting supernaturals and magic this year! :smiley:

Then, hopefully, we get University or a school pack next year. :smile:

Same, someone made a thread asking if we need so many more years of Sims 4 and I said yes because that means taking their time to improve and add more content which won't happen if they just quit because they thought it is taking too long and it is just slower to come out and that people need to be patient....they did not like that answer and gained up on me, trying to say my opinion is invalid or I have to watch videos of random simmers discussing their views to try and change my mind.

I am not changing my answer no matter how much they hate it. I rather have a good game that lasts than a rushed game and quickly move on and have to start all over again.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Great news! I hope this means that we could get a Generations ep in the future!
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Since they are on a three-year rolling plan, this means future content is currently planned all the way to mid-2022.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    They're in the beginning stages of putting together TS5. There were ads for a position that was clearly related to a new sims project that were posted a while back. Nobody's saying anything about the timeline because nobody wants the inevitable fan frustration when deadlines have to be shifted (businesses learned this long ago), and the project is too early on to make any solid predictions, but work is being done.

Having said that, I'm heartened. First, that they're taking the time to get TS5 right. Second, even if they do wind up using a completely new engine, there are still lots of ideas from TS4 that can inform the franchise going forwards. Even if the engines wind up being incompatible, I'm sure that lots of how the game plays will be recognizable from things that worked well over TS4's lifetime.

That job posts was back on September 18, 2018 so I'd guess they just got started. It takes a good 4 or more years for a new base series - and any less than that it ends up like Sims 4 started. No one wants that again. Besides if they are using the Atlas Project SEED Program - well that won't be ready for at least three more years to get operational. I am pretty sure that will be multi - player though and not something I would like. I also know it uses cloud storage.
    Sounds complicated - but I hear it'll be using the Frostbyte 3 engine. Culture shock to some simmers if that's the case - as that engine wants some high end pcs to play well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    For those of you thinking The Sims 5 may be around the corner, looks like this won't be the case:

We have confirmation from multiple Guru's that they work on The Sims 4 content 3 years in advance, which as of this year would be 2022.
    And they still have no planned end date for The Sims 4.

This could mean that The Sims 4 could be with us for as long as 2022!

Thoughts?

I enjoy TS4 a lot. I am not enthused about the idea of a Sims 5. And I will continue to play Sims 4 after the release of a potential 5th Sims title. For me, sims 5 would have to be mind-blowing and even better than sims 4 and sims 3 for me to even bother with it. I always want all of the content possible because it expands game-play and enhances build/buy with new items. So sims 5 would need to be worth the investment.

"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Kells19XX wrote: »
    I’ve been playing the sims since the first edition. It’s what got me thru my childhood, teenage years, and now my adulthood. I’ll admit that I skipped the Sims 3. In my personal opinion, I just didn’t care for how the Sims looked. I was an avid Sims 2 player. When Sims 4 first came out with promotional pictures and videos I fell in love with the detail. I pre ordered the game as soon as it was an option. As soon as the game came out I played it for about a week. I felt that it was lacking so much. I went back to the Sims 2 and didn’t touch the Sims 4 for about 3 years. Now for about a year I’ve been a solid Sims 4 player again. This team has really built this game back up. I know some will whole heartedly disagree. But they made me fall in love with this series again. I can’t wait to see how much more this game can evolve within the next couple of years.

Im the exact same. The Sims 2 had been the last time I had loved a Sims game. And now I love one again and love this one the most personally. Yours may still be Sims 2 :) Which is totally fine. But for me Sims 4 has surpassed all other Sims games <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Even if there was an end-date they wouldn't tell us. They can't tell us anything. they can't say when sims 4 is ending and they can't say if they're working on the sims 5.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    Great news! I hope this means that we could get a Generations ep in the future!

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Sims 2 is still my number one favorite, but I love features of Sims 4, even though it has flaws and bugs.

I’m really curious on how Sims 5 will be like. Hopefully toddlers will be a base game this time around, lol! :tongue:

@XxAirixX : Yeah, it’s why I avoid some of the Feedback threads and focus on going to the more positive General, Speculation, Ideas, and Packs threads in particular.

Just look for simmers who enjoy the game like we do. Check out twitter, tumblrs, and other places where simmers are creating wonderful CC and mods and screenshots and stories as well. :smile:

Take a break from the forums, if you need to. I’ve taken a long break from the forums and then came back to find the exciting announcements of Island Living and Realm of Magic waiting for me. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    That job posts was back on September 18, 2018 so I'd guess they just got started. It takes a good 4 or more years for a new base series - and any less than that it ends up like Sims 4 started. No one wants that again. Besides if they are using the Atlas Project SEED Program - well that won't be ready for at least three more years to get operational. I am pretty sure that will be multi - player though and not something I would like. I also know it uses cloud storage.
    Sounds complicated - but I hear it'll be using the Frostbyte 3 engine. Culture shock to some simmers if that's the case - as that engine wants some high end pcs to play well.

I wasn't saying that they'd be rushing sims 5 out the door, for precisely the reason you mentioned. Just that it's in the pipeline, so "we'll give sims 4 all the time as it needs" isn't quite right.

That said, I'm not complaining. Either about the fact that they're still exploring the concept space that TS4 gives them, or about the fact that they want to take the time to work out everything they can for TS5.
  • Options
    barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    I am glad, they aren't rushing to end Sims 4, I have invested a lot into the Sims 4, and I want to keep enjoying it. I am not sure I want Sims 5, I would rather be happy with Sims 4 and them just keep adding to it haha.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Must confess to having reservations. The underlying game engine does not come across as being robust enough to handle infinite packs, the graphics quality will eventually suffer and become dated, and the already masssive bug problem will only worsen the more stuff they add. The more complex something becomes, the more likely it will break, and the harder it will be to find and fix the problem(s). Too many moving parts.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    So exciting! Here's hoping for a robot game pack!
  • Options
    So exciting! Here's hoping for a robot game pack!

yes I hope so
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited June 2019
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    For those of you thinking The Sims 5 may be around the corner, looks like this won't be the case:

We have confirmation from multiple Guru's that they work on The Sims 4 content 3 years in advance, which as of this year would be 2022.
    And they still have no planned end date for The Sims 4.

This could mean that The Sims 4 could be with us for as long as 2022!

Thoughts?

What a sad day. :D *sigh*
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019
    I play other games so Sims 4 can hang around until the end of time. However, hopefully they will figure how to allow most to design thier own neighborhoods by using neighborhood templates or editors and also create lots or edit them referring to size (CYOS) within that time and honestly that would make my day for me. Sims 4 has less bounce to the ounce when it comes to features. I want to be challenged by an game and Sims 4 just does not do it for me especially when I have multiple systems that can handle what is thrown at them.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm not anywhere near ready to start over with a new base game. (And no, they can't put everything in the base game - it costs money and time to develop, and the price of the game would be prohibitive.) I would also like to see a Sims 5 that takes advantage of all the new AI that's been developed in the past few years - I want to see Sims who can actually learn from their experiences and make choices based on more than what need or object seems most appealing at the moment.

In the meantime, I'm just having fun with the game. I'm excited about the new packs coming this year, and there's so much that can still be added.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    While I don't doubt this to be true, I wouldn't be surprised if development for Sims 5 starts soon behind the scenes. Games take a long time to develop and while I like Sims 4 a lot of its major problems imo come from it's very framework/system limitations and I wouldn't be surprised if they have a small team work early on just making sure Sims 5 does better in where Sims 4 does not.

Truth is They are probably are working on sims 5.Its probably going to take them years to complete it.I never thought it was around the corner.Im glad for the extra years because sims 4 needed it.But I think only four to five more years is its future.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I would like an improvement for The Sims 4 Base Game, not just adding new contents via packs release in the span of 3 years.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ok, to be honest and this is my opinion:
    From the start I have always felt that this game is a giant flop. The glitter that it is being covered with once in a while with new updates and packs does not completely cover this issue though. You can STILL notice these fails and with every new pack or content there are always huge let downs that could have been prevented with a stronger core that is just.. unfix able.
    I have been hoping for the sims 4 to end faster then any other sims game, so it could make place for a good old fashioned core game like it used to be: The sims 5 in all hopes!
    To see they are stretching this out longer than ever in history, makes me anxious and annoyed as well. They are still trying to fix and finish what they did not deliver from the start while the base game was way more expensive than previous ones. Do they think they can 'finish' developing this game in the upcoming years to call it a finished game eventually? Meanwhile we have been playing for years with a terrible base game and still it shows its flaws. This is just simply unacceptable. People are paying you EA!
    And as much as they are trying to cover (or fix as they call it), it will always shows it's flaws. I think it is better to say goodbye to The sims 4 sooner then they plan to make place for a fresh new start. They have done it before, so they can do it again.. AND even better as time developed a lot of new possibilities.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    I would like an improvement for The Sims 4 Base Game, not just adding new contents via packs release in the span of 3 years.

me to
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    They've been saying this for awhile now but always glad to hear them reiterate it. They'll keep making it as long as we keep being interested/buying and it looks like the popularity isn't diminishing.

I'm still looking forward to the regular stuff that hasn't come out or been announced recently.
    I have big wants and little ones still. Like I still want University/College and Farming with related activities. I want some way to play in a band and sing in one. I'd love the sim equivalent of wine making with a Mediterranean setting. I'd love an Asian themed world also adding martial arts or even something like tai chi for fitness. I want robots very much with some futuristic content. I'd love to have funerals and some expansion on Grimmy's role and interaction with sims. I doubt well get it but still rooting for the fear emotion to be added. I want to be able to make B&B's or motels for my sims to visit (not interested in running them but that would be good in general). I can see them either adding firefighters (npc's) or maybe one day we will have an active career for that.. I'd be good with either option. We still need couple dancing and cuddles.. would like more dancing possibilities also. I want cars and the ability to run a garage and fix up cars more like Sims 2 style though. And even if I don't play with them much would really love to see babies get some love and new outfits/activities. Would also like to see children playing things like hopscotch and maybe tag or jump rope action. Gotta also have spiral staircases eventually. Other than Witches I'd just like to see what they bring out supernatural wise.. I'm game to try it all since I've really enjoyed playing with what has come so far.

Long live Sims 4!

ps: spiral staircases...

egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    edited June 2019
    If they are taking time to continue updating/overhauling the base game in the years to come then I think it's a good sign. However, if they just keep releasing standalone expansions to a really dull base game (which is what I think is going to happen, to be honest), then I am so over Sims 4. Just my personal thoughts.

I would like to move on to The Sims 5, but I also want to make sure it's done right - if that means more time to learn from The Sims 4 development cycle then I can wait.

edited for clarity.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited June 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    They're in the beginning stages of putting together TS5. There were ads for a position that was clearly related to a new sims project that were posted a while back. Nobody's saying anything about the timeline because nobody wants the inevitable fan frustration when deadlines have to be shifted (businesses learned this long ago), and the project is too early on to make any solid predictions, but work is being done.

Having said that, I'm heartened. First, that they're taking the time to get TS5 right. Second, even if they do wind up using a completely new engine, there are still lots of ideas from TS4 that can inform the franchise going forwards. Even if the engines wind up being incompatible, I'm sure that lots of how the game plays will be recognizable from things that worked well over TS4's lifetime.

Honestly if they do switch the Sims 5 to the Frostbite engine it could end the Sims development team internally and might not even be possible. It would require all new coding for AI (remember the Sims 4 had a new engine developed JUST for its AI despite frostbite existing then too.) Frostbite itself has been a complete nightmare for other EA studios to work with and was not designed to be easily accessible for developers.

Recent examples would include almost every recent Bioware game which had no experience with it and burned the team out, not to mention turned out terrible games because of software limitations partially.

https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem-went-wrong-1833731964

Keep in mind too, Frostbite is NOT developed for modding either so that will be a serious issue the team would have to address if its at all possible. Currently its not. It is NOT a user friendly engine to use internally and will require all new tool set for Maxis to even make a game like the sims and honestly I don't believe it will be.

I suspect they will need to use a new and upgraded version of the engine they are currently using for the Sims 4.

the Sims 5 is probably so far out due to many underlying factors or issues.
    Post edited by TOLKIEN on