Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruLyndsay confirms The Sims 4 has no planned End-Date.

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    For those of you thinking The Sims 5 may be around the corner, looks like this won't be the case:

We have confirmation from multiple Guru's that they work on The Sims 4 content 3 years in advance, which as of this year would be 2022.
    And they still have no planned end date for The Sims 4.

This could mean that The Sims 4 could be with us for as long as 2022!

Thoughts?

As long as they keep giving us good and entertaining content I'm okay with this.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Honestly speaking this game is just getting into the good part and I do not want to see sims 5 in next 5 years at least
    the problem with sims really is that they always end the series too quick to properly start making new cool things for it

like in ts3 case tbh I understand the change of series it just didn't feel that fun with all the bugs and crashing
    and I really hated how sims looked in that one from day 1 so ts4 coming out was like yes thank I will change games as soon as possible

but if ts5 came out I honestly would not find a reason to restart this ''wait for eps'' again because my only complaint with ts4 is the missing gameplay or items that could easily be added to it without having to redo whole game and I don't see how ts5 would change that issue quick enough for me to want to hop over
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Vince wrote: »
    Unpopular opinon :

The Sims 4 is the best.
    Having a closed world forces to focus on our Sims. Which is a good thing in my opinion!
    I mean, I've met a lot of people who were complaining about the fact that the game needs to load when we want to visit another area.
    But, let's be honest, loading are really fast. (Even if it depends on your computer, but most of the time, they are pretty fast)
    I have a feeling of intimacy when I play, because of the closed world. And I really appreciate that!

So, yeah, I'm definitely happy with that!

I was same as you. I really really love this game.

Same here! :smile:

And I’m tired of feeling like I should be ashamed of that fact by certain simmers.

This game is one of my top favorites, and I play it a lot. :) I will keep supporting it until the next Sims game (Sims 5) is announced.

I’m so glad we’re getting supernaturals and magic this year! :smiley:

Then, hopefully, we get University or a school pack next year. :smile:

Same, someone made a thread asking if we need so many more years of Sims 4 and I said yes because that means taking their time to improve and add more content which won't happen if they just quit because they thought it is taking too long and it is just slower to come out and that people need to be patient....they did not like that answer and gained up on me, trying to say my opinion is invalid or I have to watch videos of random simmers discussing their views to try and change my mind.

I am not changing my answer no matter how much they hate it. I rather have a good game that lasts than a rushed game and quickly move on and have to start all over again.

Agreed. I am happy there is lots more to come.
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Come to think of it, with all the new changes to the Sims 4 engine including coding updates and new python structure - as the Sims 4 engine is uniquely developed FOR the Sims I suspect they might be working on an upgraded engine for the Sims 5 rather then making a new engine or even attempting to transfer the game to frostbite (which would never work honestly and cost them a huge portion of players due to high system requirements which by large the community doesn't meet).

So if they are upgrading the Sims engine and smartsim technology they currently use for a new generation of the Sims (Sims 5) then from a development pov you'd spend that time right now deciding what new features and major changes you want to incorporate into the Sims 5 and then upgrade the engine to handle it. Which again would explain why they are giving the sims 4 an extended shelf life.

Heck with all the game companies announcing streaming gaming service, the Sims 5 could be an entirely different product like some weird streamed version of Sims Online.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I am happy with this. Sims 4 is my favorite iteration after Sims 2
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    mika wrote: »

Mine too :) Except, its number 1 for me. Despite all the hateration.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Fine by me. I honestly don't expect to enjoy Sims 5 basegame as much as I like Sims 4 right now.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    This is good news. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019

Mine too :) Except, its number 1 for me. Despite all the hateration.

Sims 4 is number one for me too. I really loved the Sims 2 when it was current but it's been so long now that I seem to have forgotten what it was actually like and I'm unable to compare it with the Sims 4. :D

I didn't like Sims 1 or 3 all that much for differing reasons.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I really like the idea of Sims 4 continuing for x number of years. After four base games, I'm over the moon that Sims 4 continues for several more years. I would probably play the Sims 4 even after Sims 5 comes out. Nothing is so boring to me as a base game. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    I could see The Sims 4 lasting until the next "milestone" date, aka the 25yr anniversary of the sims. I would not be surprised if they waited until then to release TS5. Which tbh is just fine with me. I think the devs have definitely learned from the base game fiasco with TS4 I don't think they will allow that to happen again because I think it would be the end to the game. The community would stop investing in TS5. I'm not saying it will be 100% perfect but I am pretty sure they will make a more fleshed out and solid base to the game even if it means pushing the release date.
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I really like the idea of Sims 4 continuing for x number of years. After four base games, I'm over the moon that Sims 4 continues for several more years. I would probably play the Sims 4 even after Sims 5 comes out. Nothing is so boring to me as a base game. :D

I aint buying Sims 5 if its just Sims 4 with prettier graphics. And Im not buying it if its Sims 3, with NO new changes, just better graphics. If Sims 5 is just like any previous game, with NO significant updates to how the Sims is played, then Sims 4 WILL be my last sims game.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    TLM08TLM08 Posts: 105 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »

I aint buying Sims 5 if its just Sims 4 with prettier graphics. And Im not buying it if its Sims 3, with NO new changes, just better graphics. If Sims 5 is just like any previous game, with NO significant updates to how the Sims is played, then Sims 4 WILL be my last sims game.

I think everyone would agree with this. If they don't update or add in any new features, I can't imagine anyone wants this.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    yay. i hope it continues for many more years. there's still so much content i’d love to see.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I have mixed feelings on this, but mostly positive! On the one hand, I'm thrilled to hear they will keep coming up with ideas--both old and new--for us. On the flip side, I wonder how long it will be until there are no more things to buy and just enjoy the game fully if that makes sense.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    They've been saying this for awhile now but always glad to hear them reiterate it. They'll keep making it as long as we keep being interested/buying and it looks like the popularity isn't diminishing.

I'm still looking forward to the regular stuff that hasn't come out or been announced recently.
    I have big wants and little ones still. Like I still want University/College and Farming with related activities. I want some way to play in a band and sing in one. I'd love the sim equivalent of wine making with a Mediterranean setting. I'd love an Asian themed world also adding martial arts or even something like tai chi for fitness. I want robots very much with some futuristic content. I'd love to have funerals and some expansion on Grimmy's role and interaction with sims. I doubt well get it but still rooting for the fear emotion to be added. I want to be able to make B&B's or motels for my sims to visit (not interested in running them but that would be good in general). I can see them either adding firefighters (npc's) or maybe one day we will have an active career for that.. I'd be good with either option. We still need couple dancing and cuddles.. would like more dancing possibilities also. I want cars and the ability to run a garage and fix up cars more like Sims 2 style though. And even if I don't play with them much would really love to see babies get some love and new outfits/activities. Would also like to see children playing things like hopscotch and maybe tag or jump rope action. Gotta also have spiral staircases eventually. Other than Witches I'd just like to see what they bring out supernatural wise.. I'm game to try it all since I've really enjoyed playing with what has come so far.

Long live Sims 4!

ps: spiral staircases...

I want dragons freed babies better pregnancies with mood swings juiced moodlets
    more drama risks/consequences a romance and memories system more whims
    tag catch cars robbers slow dance rocking chairs a castaway pack
    teen pranks like they use to do in sims 3 sword fighting more wedding stuff
    nectar making a tattoo shop bands fire fighting job day care job teaching job not as rabbit holes
    a roller coaster snow boarding a super hero pack a family pack with things for all ages
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member

Same. I loved Sims 2 and while it's not the same, Sims 2 has improved and getting closer to Sims 2. I mean we got Santa back! Well, they call him Father Winter; but not much of a difference.

Most improvements can be made without ruining the game and just by adding things in, so there is still room for more to come.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Goody. I think the game still has life in it. There is still room for improvement.