Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Pack Theory (Speculation)

playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
Sims 4 released September 4th, 2014. Sims 4 Vampires released January 24th, 2017. That means 2 yrs, 4 months, and 22 days have past since we've had a supernatural life state. Today is May 27th, 2019. That means 2 yrs, 4 months, and 3 days have past since the release of Vampires. My theory is (again, speculation), the next pack (GP) will probably release on June 15th, 2019. That would then make it 2 yrs, 4 months, and 22 days. Meaning, we might get a new supernatural life state with this pack.

You're probably wondering, why would they release a Game Pack? Well, if you think about it, we've had 2 Expansion Packs back to back - Seasons and Get Famous. I could be totally wrong and we might get another Expansion Pack or even a Stuff Pack. Going back to my theory, if it is a Game Pack and we do get a new supernatural life state, what life state do you think it could be? Or could it be an entirely new life state that the Sims Franchise has never explored before? Remember, in an interview, it was mentioned how the Sims Team wanted to try something new/different (StrangerVille being a good example).

So, what are your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I'm pretty certain that what's coming in June is an Expansion Pack. The leaks point to it and usually based on past "leaks", where there's smoke, thre's fire.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited May 2019
    never mind :neutral:
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    We had a game pack (Strangerville) after GF. And aliens did come with GTW, so the gap between aliens and vampires is a little less than two years. And I don't think they follow cycles precisely. There have been broad trends, but that's it

If it helps, I do think we'll get witches and werewolves in the near future
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    I expect (not know) that we get tropical pack in June
    A stuff pack in July/August
    And in September/October a GP

If we get a dedicated supernatural pack its 100% Witches. Grant sometimes twittered about it. He states IF they would ever make a Witchespack it would be similar to the vampire one.
    And look at my profile pic, I cannot wait for it. We should have them already by now... I need them.

I already expected them last year and I dont know if we get them this year but I really really hope so.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There's no doubt that supernatural fans are deserving something new already :) I'm not a sp fan but I wish you lucky on that. A long time since vampires...
    Imo Strangerville cannot be considered a pack to the sp fans. It is something different, more maybe for rpg fans...? It doesn't deliver a new life state which you can use freely.
  • Options
    TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    Sorry but this speculation doesn't make much sense as they don't follow anything like these cycles. However I also hope that the next game pack we are getting is occult (witches/werewolves)! We have been waiting for so loong and Sims 4 lacks magic a lot.
  • Options
    TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    > @playermarko456 said:
    > Sims 4 released September 4th, 2014. Sims 4 Vampires released January 24th, 2017. That means 2 yrs, 4 months, and 22 days have past since we've had a supernatural life state. Today is May 27th, 2019. That means 2 yrs, 4 months, and 3 days have past since the release of Vampires. My theory is (again, speculation), the next pack (GP) will probably release on June 15th, 2019. That would then make it 2 yrs, 4 months, and 22 days. Meaning, we might get a new supernatural life state with this pack.
    >
    > You're probably wondering, why would they release a Game Pack? Well, if you think about it, we've had 2 Expansion Packs back to back - Seasons and Get Famous. I could be totally wrong and we might get another Expansion Pack or even a Stuff Pack. Going back to my theory, if it is a Game Pack and we do get a new supernatural life state, what life state do you think it could be? Or could it be an entirely new life state that the Sims Franchise has never explored before? Remember, in an interview, it was mentioned how the Sims Team wanted to try something new/different (StrangerVille being a good example).
    >
    > So, what are your thoughts?

Ghosts that came with a patch and aliens with Get to work also count as supernaturals, though it would be cool to get a new type.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Don't I wish? But no, I think the next pack is tropical.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's probably a stuff pack to go along with the 350 recolors patch.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    You know, it could still be an Expansion Pack, but it could be filled to the BRIM with Supernatural things! Now that is something I'd pay for!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    A Tropical Expansion is more likely in June.
  • Options
    ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    I really don't think they calculate that deeply when releasing content.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • Options
    I don't think it is an EP. If they are releasing three packs in six months, (said in late April), then considering April -Oct. time frame, I think an EP would come last since it would be closer to holiday sales.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's April to September, which leaves 2-3 whole months for another EP.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    EmmaVane wrote: »

But didn't Lyndsay say three packs in six months in late April? Well, wouldn't it make sense that one of those is an EP and not released until late fall closer to holiday for bigger sell numbers? (my guess since you just got an EP and a GP it's a stuff pack for June).
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2019
    EPs usually come in November for the pre-Christmas buying spree. Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Get Famous all came out in November. (remember they told us nothing will come out in October)

Seasons came out in June making two EPs in 2018 so a Seasons related one like an Island Paradise, a holiday, sunny one could be the one coming this Summer and possibly University around December?

Just my speculation though. I still would like a Farming one. :(
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    They never release packs on Saturdays.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »

But didn't Lyndsay say three packs in six months in late April? Well, wouldn't it make sense that one of those is an EP and not released until late fall closer to holiday for bigger sell numbers? (my guess since you just got an EP and a GP it's a stuff pack for June).

They wouldn't be pushing a Stuffpack at EA Play plus the leaks are saying it's an EP. EP 8 will probably come in November.
  • Options

Packs no but an announcement yes. We have an announcement coming next Saturday.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I believe that June's pack will be an EP. They have in the past, released an EP around Black Friday in November so an EP now would fit a timeline that would allow them time to release one after EAPlay and finish, test and fix one for Black Friday.

As to SP or GP after that, I have no idea and it really doesn't matter, but if I were to make a random guess, I think that a SP would be next and then a GP. But only they really know.
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited June 2019

Packs no but an announcement yes. We have an announcement coming next Saturday.

I know :) I was referring to the OP speculating about the next pack being released on June 15th.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    The GP gotta be a witch pack please otherwise they'll be curse from the fans for the rest of 2019 for sure. Although I'm not a big fan of occult but I hope they get it soon because I knew that frustration of not getting what you want for a long time, I was in the same spot too before C&D was released.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sonia016 wrote: »
    The GP gotta be a witch pack please otherwise they'll be curse from the fans for the rest of 2019 for sure. Although I'm not a big fan of occult but I hope they get it soon because I knew that frustration of not getting what you want for a long time, I was in the same spot too before C&D was released.

I want witches to come in a MAGIC EP along with a new "magic" world and the ability to create several magical sims in CAS, witches, genies, fairies, etc. I'd like it to be an updated remake of Makin" Magic (similar to GF was to Superstar).

And I'd really love it if they brought back the Clown/Scary coaster. I loved that thing.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Sonia016 wrote: »

I want witches to come in a MAGIC EP along with a new "magic" world and the ability to create several magical sims in CAS, witches, genies, fairies, etc. I'd like it to be an updated remake of Makin" Magic (similar to GF was to Superstar).

And I'd really love it if they brought back the Clown/Scary coaster. I loved that thing.

I probably buy the pack because of the cauldron., I had so much fun that thing.

The Sims Game