Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use zodiacs for your sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I always use my horoscope sign and my fave music/color unless its an evil sim then I give them fave color black and a harsher type music
  • Options
    KeiomestreKeiomestre Posts: 195 Member
    I don’t care for zodiac signs in real life, so I just press random when creating a new sim.

I have triplets in game all with different signs. I guess the constellations move really fast on sims universe. :*
    ..... ..... ..... ..... My favorite Sims 3 family: THE ENFADONHOS!..... ..... ..... .....
    Vgfhu74.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I don't use them, and wish there was a way to mod them out completely. :tongue:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Not sure what I should pick, because the zodiac signs don’t really play a role for me when playing and when sims are born in my game, I don’t adjust them. It is what it is, like irl. (Isn’t it funny by the way how twins in the game always have different zodiac signs :p ?) When I create a sim though, I will choose a zodiac sign with care, corresponding with their character and what I have in mind for them. So, it’s not a ‘yes!’, but it’s not a ‘nope’ either ;) For sims born in game it’s random, for self created sims it’s a yes (but without the exclamation mark, it’s not thát important to me).

On a side note, I’m glad Sims 3 doesn’t connect personalities to zodiac signs by default.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    If the Sim represents someone I know, I choose the matching zodiac sign. Other times I randomize it.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    When I used to play The Sims 3 there wasn't an option for them. No breast sliders either.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I don’t know the actual Zodiac stereotypes and such, and so, while I do pick them, it’s in a more...childish way.

E.g, “oh, she’s nasty, scorpions are nasty, Scorpio it is”
    Or “he likes the beach, Aquarius it is”
    Or “oh they’re twins, Gemini means twins...”
    Or “I looked up lions earlier today, Leo it is...”

That said, I try not to leave anything unfilled save the biography, which is often forgotten. I will pick favourites- if for no other reason than to explore autumn salad being an elating meal- but never fill that thing out. Guess I usually just want to move on at that point?

Taurus-es are more likely to hold a grudge. I for a fact am one. Since I was born on a weird date I have several Zodiac signs thanks to several different restaurants, newpapers and websites.
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I don’t believe in Zodiacs, so I don’t bother.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Zodiacs are neat but overall unrealistic to me. Making sims more compatible based on starsigns instead of turn ons/offs and personality traits is just unrealistic to me.

Also might be something to do with the fact I'm a Leo, meant to be a spotlight hogging centre of the universe but I would literally rather die than do anything in front of an audience
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    YuriTheCreatorYuriTheCreator Posts: 60 Member
    edited May 2019
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    Zodiacs are neat but overall unrealistic to me. Making sims more compatible based on starsigns instead of turn ons/offs and personality traits is just unrealistic to me.

Also might be something to do with the fact I'm a Leo, meant to be a spotlight hogging centre of the universe but I would literally rather die than do anything in front of an audience

Leo here who also hate being in front of audiences.

According to the first Google search of "Leo Man" I'm supposed to be a "king of the jungle" that "never fails to find the spotlight in any situation".

Yeah, I don't think that's accurate at all. I'm on my phone in almost all social situations.

April 8, 2015 is when I came out of that smelly old closet... 🚶‍♂️🚪
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    I always click on a zodiac, when making sims, but I don't think much of it during gameplay, but you know what?

YOU GAVE ME AN IDEA.

What if I played my sims, based off of a daily horoscope? Hmm. That might be interesting! I could really spice up the gameplay that way.

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited May 2019
    I always choose the same one by habit, unless there is a plan for the sim to fall in love with another specific sim; since matching signs counts for as much attraction points as matching traits and an easy way to get the moodlet Attractive Sim. So if my new save is meant for sims to romance in, I always check Sims Fandom for the townie's sign; give my sim a matching one according to the game's structure linked before; and make my sim ask three other same gender sims their signs and relation state, to trigger the game's autonomous same gender romantic interactions for townies.

Edit Maybe it is six townies, I don’t remember what worked the first time since I just shower the sims in affection; but it is supposed to be "six same gender interactions" made by the player.
  • Options
    AnakinCrywalker731AnakinCrywalker731 Posts: 26 Member
    I used to pick a random one depending on whatever picture I liked best for the sim I was making lol. Now though I have a little web page saved on my phone that categorizes the different signs into four main types and gives a general overview description for each of the four. I don't zero in on each individual sign specifically, but I do go according to that info page. Once I know which bracket I want to put my sim in, I just pick a random sign from there, probably just whichever picture I like best, like I said before lol.