Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island EP Speculation

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    With the exception (and not knowing what will be included in this pack) anything that comes in this pack can be used in any other world. If you want loungers around your home pool, add them. If you want to sun on a towel in your sims backyard, do it. If you want to redecorate your house with tropical furniture, you can. If there is surfing via a wave machine, place it in your pool.

Ocean swimming would appear to be the only thing tied to the new world. And as @Writin_Reg pointed out, this would not be the first (nor probably the last) to have a feature that can only be used in that world.
    But why do we want to pay $40 for things we can’t use in other worlds. I don’t want to pay $40 for 1 world, no matter what I can do in it. All EP’s have systems that work throughout worlds, what would this one have?

Loungers, furniture, surfing machine... Sounds like a Stuff Pack. Then add a world and we get,.. a GP? It just doesn’t seem to have the potential for an EP to me.

Well, at this point we don't know for sure that it is a tropical pack and we really have no idea what they might put in a tropical pack, so for you to list the few things people have speculated might be in a tropical pack and claim "sounds like stuff pack" is a little sad. If you don't want this to be a tropical pack, that's fine, to each their own. But stop trying to rain on other players parade that are speculating about the pack and are excited for it to be announced.

Since this is speculation, as you say, I’m not “raining on anyone’s parade”. I’m speculating as well, just as much as you do. There’s nothing “sad” about that.

You speculate that these things all might be in it; I speculate that’s not enough for a full expansion and I wonder what the overall thing could be. To each their own and all is allowed here as we don’t know anything yet.

My apologies. I guess I was confused due to the fact that nothing you post seems very positive, just mostly negative. But maybe that's just you. Again, my apologies. Happy simming.
  • Options
    ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member

My apologies. I guess I was confused due to the fact that nothing you post seems very positive, just mostly negative. But maybe that's just you. Again, my apologies. Happy simming.

I apologize Danny, but I was actually just thinking that about you. No worries though m8 and to each their own. :) Cheers!
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    well we don't even know it will be the pack we think it is

3 retail leaks make it likely.
  • Options
    Now to answer the original post...

-New livable world AND vacation world, or combo of both.
    -Huts on the water like in Bora Bora, as rentals
    -Swimmable ocean with new collectibles (maybe coral as a gem, & seashells?)-- maybe metal detectors for looking for collectibles in the sand.
    -Scuba diving feature that can be either hidden to us, or playable to take us to a whole new world of the ocean. Atlantis? This is where mermaids could come in… Maybe you could earn a breathes underwater trait, or find a buried treasure, explore a shipwreck?
    -Temporary suntans. (Not burns. We don’t need that kind of negativity in our lives. Especially with all the heat sensitivity in Seasons.) They should last one sim day.
    -The requisite music options that Jeremia would mention.
    -Stunning aesthetic. Blow me away with the colors and sunsets, make me sad again to not be a sim. Twinkling light of stars on the ocean, maybe a view of the galaxy or some shooting stars, and a sim version of rum. Dolphins in the distance! Rainbows and sunshowers. Maybe even hurricanes.
    -Bananas, pineapple, coconut plants-- introduce banana split & ice cream sundaes. Drink from coconut option. Veggie pig roast on the beach.
    -Cool new outdoor furniture including lounge chairs. Make some of them packable for inventory, so people could take their chairs or towels to the beach. I really want a chair like this: Green-luxury-outdoor-sunbeds-beach-antique-round.png_300x300.png Or the hanging egg chairs, or the hammock style chairs. Tiki torches?
    -Mermaid decor, like those mermaids they put on the outside of the ship, maybe for build
    -*If* they’re gonna do mermaids, make them playable in and out of water but they only get their tails when in the water, and have large mermaid tanks for the home that they can swim in that are like floor to ceiling aquariums. Make them have subtle markers like just a touch of iridescent scales on the face, of different colors, that they can pass down to part human children, as well as some unnatural haircolors that they can also pass down to part human children. ----Make finding a merperson and possibly making them your mate be an aspiration.
    -Better photography features that allow for more controlled portraits and with larger groups, and picture frames that can hold multiple pictures and just cycle through them or you can set it to a certain picture (they would hold them all like an inventory). And you can get your photograph taken rather than only being the photog.
    -Beautiful new florals like hibiscus in build & gardening, and floral arrangements with sea shells & starfish
    -Aw heck, just throw in improved wedding ceremonies with it. Destination weddings, more decor, assigned wedding roles (optional), hire photographer and DJ and band (wedding singer?), just more orderly events that the sims actually cooperate in-- you can purchase the whole package. You can customize everything from cake to flower arrangement to wedding party attire and photograph choices, comes in special wedding frames. Slow dancing.
    -Parasailing in first person camera… need I say more?
    -Cruise events, a vacation option. (Honeymoons?)
    -Steel drum musical instrument, and the ability to form bands and perform together
    -Carnivals/amusement park, why not. Let’s just pack everything in here.
    -Caves, caverns, and grottos to explore
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    SimGuruLyndsay posted this on twitter I wonder if it has to do something with the next pack, one number is days, one is events, and then the other is a hint but I have no idea
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    alexis3142 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay posted this on twitter I wonder if it has to do something with the next pack, one number is days, one is events, and then the other is a hint but I have no idea

The number of days until they release the expansion, the number of worlds it's going to have, and the amount of dollars they are going to pay me to play it.

Nah-- days til teaser or trailer, days til EA Play, and then no idea.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Love number games :smile: what do you mean by one number is days, one is events and the other is a hint?
  • Options
    350-- the amount of people EA laid off. :D
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Well they're giving away the base game. Guess that's the big thing. Probably is giving how bad their direction has been for the last 5 years.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    OK let's try, in 18 days is EA play, they're gonna have 350 events there, 2 of them are sims 4 releases. Haha
  • Options
    Isn't the base game giveaway just a temporary trial?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Lmao. :')
  • Options
    Isn't the base game giveaway just a temporary trial?

For what I read I think is the actual base game. I get that. If they're about to release packs, giving the base game can increase sales.
  • Options
    alexis3142alexis3142 Posts: 1,113 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

Love number games :smile: what do you mean by one number is days, one is events and the other is a hint?

I should have included this reply too :#

Lmao xD
    Hi My Name is Lex!
    My Origin ID is Sinnamonalisa
    Check me out on Tumblr where I post MySims 4 Legacy Challenge Updates!
    3cyI.gif
  • Options
    RDaanRDaan Posts: 88 Member
    Okay guys: 2 days untill the trailer, 18 days untill EA play and 350 as in the 5th of March also known as the release date of the Sims 3 university life
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member

18 days until Ea play, 2 days until a teaser trailer, and the new expansion will have 350 new objects in it?
  • Options
    EctotechbiologyEctotechbiology Posts: 5 New Member
    Man, I wasn't super pumped about the idea of TP (didn't know that they could do that much with it) until I saw the ideas you guys put out there. I'm so excited!!! Especially for mermaids. I think that since they've been so popular in recent culture, it's a no brainer to include them.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Now to answer the original post...

-New livable world AND vacation world, or combo of both.
    -Huts on the water like in Bora Bora, as rentals
    -Swimmable ocean with new collectibles (maybe coral as a gem, & seashells?)-- maybe metal detectors for looking for collectibles in the sand.
    -Scuba diving feature that can be either hidden to us, or playable to take us to a whole new world of the ocean. Atlantis? This is where mermaids could come in… Maybe you could earn a breathes underwater trait, or find a buried treasure, explore a shipwreck?
    -Temporary suntans. (Not burns. We don’t need that kind of negativity in our lives. Especially with all the heat sensitivity in Seasons.) They should last one sim day.
    -The requisite music options that Jeremia would mention.
    -Stunning aesthetic. Blow me away with the colors and sunsets, make me sad again to not be a sim. Twinkling light of stars on the ocean, maybe a view of the galaxy or some shooting stars, and a sim version of rum. Dolphins in the distance! Rainbows and sunshowers. Maybe even hurricanes.
    -Bananas, pineapple, coconut plants-- introduce banana split & ice cream sundaes. Drink from coconut option. Veggie pig roast on the beach.
    -Cool new outdoor furniture including lounge chairs. Make some of them packable for inventory, so people could take their chairs or towels to the beach. I really want a chair like this: Green-luxury-outdoor-sunbeds-beach-antique-round.png_300x300.png Or the hanging egg chairs, or the hammock style chairs. Tiki torches?
    -Mermaid decor, like those mermaids they put on the outside of the ship, maybe for build
    -*If* they’re gonna do mermaids, make them playable in and out of water but they only get their tails when in the water, and have large mermaid tanks for the home that they can swim in that are like floor to ceiling aquariums. Make them have subtle markers like just a touch of iridescent scales on the face, of different colors, that they can pass down to part human children, as well as some unnatural haircolors that they can also pass down to part human children. ----Make finding a merperson and possibly making them your mate be an aspiration.
    -Better photography features that allow for more controlled portraits and with larger groups, and picture frames that can hold multiple pictures and just cycle through them or you can set it to a certain picture (they would hold them all like an inventory). And you can get your photograph taken rather than only being the photog.
    -Beautiful new florals like hibiscus in build & gardening, and floral arrangements with sea shells & starfish
    -Aw heck, just throw in improved wedding ceremonies with it. Destination weddings, more decor, assigned wedding roles (optional), hire photographer and DJ and band (wedding singer?), just more orderly events that the sims actually cooperate in-- you can purchase the whole package. You can customize everything from cake to flower arrangement to wedding party attire and photograph choices, comes in special wedding frames. Slow dancing.
    -Parasailing in first person camera… need I say more?
    -Cruise events, a vacation option. (Honeymoons?)
    -Steel drum musical instrument, and the ability to form bands and perform together
    -Carnivals/amusement park, why not. Let’s just pack everything in here.
    -Caves, caverns, and grottos to explore

LGR would love those egg chairs.
  • Options
    350 weeks ago was the 4th September 2012, the date Supernatural EP was released for sims 3
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    350 weeks ago was the 4th September 2012, the date Supernatural EP was released for sims 3

Sigh, and what a glorious day it was.
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Also, they know we want mermaids. It was the second most requested occult in their poll besides witches. (I was surprised honestly, I thought it'd be Werewolves).

This is the perfect time to add mermaids, but they like to leave occults out of expansions lately.

*Puts on tinfoil hat* My theory about that is that they rigged mermaids to rank super high because they were already adding them in this EP before they even released the poll and wanted to be able to turn around and say to the community "See, we listened to what you wanted and gave it to you!" But hey, that's just a theory, a CONSPIRACY theory! *X files theme plays in the distance*

In all seriousness though, I love mermaids and really want them to appear! I'm less surprised by their popularity, as I think they are an occult lifestate with a very specific and niche theme: oceans! It involves things others can't do, like diving, etc. I also think that while a lot of people were disappointed with TS3 mermaids, they like the idea of what they could be!

I really don't understand the perspective that they don't have as much to them as Vampires do and thus couldn't be fleshed out as much. There is SO much folklore and pop culture references that they could capitalize on about Merfolk! For starters, they are the only occult that can live underwater!!! You could have a whole thing about a sunken Atlantis mer-city they can dive and explore (and even a sunken lot you can build and live on if you're a mersim). You can have evil sirens that entrance by singing and drown people, mersims that control water, or grow fins when wet. I mean, we have Disney mermaids and dark mermaids and pirate mermaids and so much in between. I could totally see them doing the same thing to mermaids as they do to vampires, adding branching paths and different weakness and abilities to really customize them.

• Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Zussage wrote: »
    Also, they know we want mermaids. It was the second most requested occult in their poll besides witches. (I was surprised honestly, I thought it'd be Werewolves).

This is the perfect time to add mermaids, but they like to leave occults out of expansions lately.

*Puts on tinfoil hat* My theory about that is that they rigged mermaids to rank super high because they were already adding them in this EP before they even released the poll and wanted to be able to turn around and say to the community "See, we listened to what you wanted and gave it to you!" But hey, that's just a theory, a CONSPIRACY theory! *X files theme plays in the distance*

In all seriousness though, I love mermaids and really want them to appear! I'm less surprised by their popularity, as I think they are an occult lifestate with a very specific and niche theme: oceans! It involves things others can't do, like diving, etc. I also think that while a lot of people were disappointed with TS3 mermaids, they like the idea of what they could be!

I really don't understand the perspective that they don't have as much to them as Vampires do and thus couldn't be fleshed out as much. There is SO much folklore and pop culture references that they could capitalize on about Merfolk! For starters, they are the only occult that can live underwater!!! You could have a whole thing about a sunken Atlantis mer-city they can dive and explore (and even a sunken lot you can build and live on if you're a mersim). You can have evil sirens that entrance by singing and drown people, mersims that control water, or grow fins when wet. I mean, we have Disney mermaids and dark mermaids and pirate mermaids and so much in between. I could totally see them doing the same thing to mermaids as they do to vampires, adding branching paths and different weakness and abilities to really customize them.

PREACH
  • Options
    NelusNelus Posts: 151 Member
    If its a tropical EP i would love features from sims 2, sims 3 or new ones to be included, any of these:

rootable water - swimming in oceans and lakes
    ocean interactions - surfing, jetski, air bed, snorkel
    diving areas - not a rabbit hole but a real underwater lot for adventures
    beach interactions - sunbathe on towel, getting tan and sunburn, sandcastles, hang out at night, ...
    boats and houseboats - visit and live on boats, moveable and buildable area
    cruises - go on a cruise, cruise ship as vacation location
    stranded - end up on unihabitated islands when shipwrecked or go there for a survival vacation
    jungle - jungle area on the islands for adventure
    rootable iced lakes - for ice skating and walking on them in winter worlds
    clothing slot - for diving suit and adventure outfit
    hotel/resort - manage and buildable hotel resort, user designed and versatile from small shacks to a giant complex
    waterparks - modular designed water slides and other amusement installations
    pirates - because sims logic
    crafting - on unihabited islands you cant just open your closet and have access to everything you need to craft stuff you want to wear or objects you want to use
    ragged clothes and primitve objects - what you could craft on unihabited islands, clothes you are stranded with getting ragged over time
    clothing stores - while at it, clothing stores so your sims need to buy the clothes that are avaliable in their closet. will also speed up loading CAS alot in game as you dont need to load and scroll a million items your sim will never use.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well we don't even know it will be the pack we think it is

3 retail leaks make it likely.

I know but we still can't be sure though
    I'm trying not to get my hopes up
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

I should have included this reply too :#

Lmao xD

Nothing funny about people getting laid off.
    I just want things to match. :'(