Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island EP Speculation

1235...Next

Comments

• ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    alexis3142 wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    alexis3142 wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay posted this on twitter I wonder if it has to do something with the next pack, one number is days, one is events, and then the other is a hint but I have no idea

Love number games :smile: what do you mean by one number is days, one is events and the other is a hint?

I should have included this reply too :#
    350-- the amount of people EA laid off. :D

Lmao xD

Nothing funny about people getting laid off.

Good thing that's not what people are laughing at.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    Lyndsay gave the answer on her status today on Twitter - and the 350 is the number of new color swatches she just made for the game, the 18 days was the number of days until EA Play, and the number 2 was for the 2 presentation she has to write and give.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    So now that we know more or less what is coming in this expansion, let's see how many of my wishes came true:
    1. Swimmable oceans and assorted water activities (snorkeling, water games, surfing maybe)
      Check - no surfing or water games but plenty of other stuff
    2. Sun loungers and the ability to tan in them or on a beach towel (I'd also love if they could nap on the beach towel)
      Check - plus tan lines that match your clothing!
    3. Seashell collection
      Check - Plus new fish and other collectables
    4. New harvestables and recipes (Pineapple, mango, coconuts)
      Check - Pineapple, coconut and a couple others
    5. More stuff for pools (floaties, diving board, water games)
      Check - only floaties but it's something
    6. A nice assortment of hot weather and swimsuit CAS assets for all ages
      Check - a beautiful assortment
    7. Hotels would be fun but I can see them saving this for a game pack
      Nope - but half wasn't expecting them
    8. I'd love for there to be an underwater lot you could explore by scuba diving
      Nope - But I've heard rumors of a secret lot, so we'll see what that's about
    9. Mermaids in said underwater lot
      Check - and they're gorgeous and well thought out
    10. Island culture and hula dance (Maybe as a new location aspiration)
      Check - Not sure about a new dance, but island culture is confirmed
    11. New traits (Chill, Water Lover) and aspirations (Island Culture, Beach Bum)
      Check - Two new traits and one new aspiration (I think it's even called Beach Bum)
    12. An old fortress turned into a tourist site with food and souvenir stands
      Nope - But I kinda like what we got better anyways
    13. A lone island with a single lot so that you can have a private island home
      Check - The nature preserve island is just what I was looking for
    14. A waterfall you can woohoo behind (like the lighthouse in Cats&Dogs)
      Check!!! - I'm so excited this is actually a thing, and you can shower in it too!
    15. A lagoon that glows at night
      Check - I've heard that it you clean up the island the lagoon glows at night!
    16. A natural looking hotspring hottub
      Nope - There does look to be some natural hotspring pools, but I think they're just decorative
    17. Hammocks
      Nope - Sad but maybe someday
    18. Shuffleboard
      Nope - Just wanted it for elders, but it dosen't really fit this pack so I get it

Plus dolphins, boats, a volcano, an intractable world, barbecue pit, and the off the grid lot trait!

Overall I would say I am very satisfied with what they have given us. Scuba diving would have been awesome, but I understand they needed to set this expansion apart from past iterations of the island theme and I think they've done an amazing job! I'm so excited!