Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Leak - Next Expansion Tropical Paradise.

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    edited May 2019
    Gordy wrote: »
    The description makes me think that besides surfing and hoola we dont have much of gameplay elements. Im sure there is more to it if its and expansion. The atmosphere of a tropical island wouldnt be enough for me.
    Im curious to see more of it.
    This exactly. I'd absolutely love a tropical vacation, but I won't get the pack if it's something I'll only use once or twice. There's absolutely nothing to do in Granite Falls and Selvadorada if you want to vacation, and the gameplay elements that they do offer are niche and get stale rather quickly.
    My sim died on my first trip to the JA world, am not going back. Though I do hope if this pack is officially announced there are much more details. The features listed alone make it seem like a GP. I hope it isn’t the case because it should be more drawn out.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    The description is fake, it was taken from a post here from March

Do you have a link? Which post?

Check the 'A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019' thread, it's literally the first post
    You’re right, not just the description but the name too.. I’m much less hopeful now :/

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited May 2019
    YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edit: Oh wait, yeah, it was taken from a forum post. What a huge disappointment :\
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    d0llintestinesd0llintestines Posts: 6 New Member
    Yeah, it definitely seems fake to me. Or perhaps that’s wishful thinking, as it sounds boring as heck
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    all the info on that website is taken from someone on here who was just speculating. oh boy.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It kind of looks like it's true.
    I think a lot of people will be disappointed though. All the simmers that are dying to have University for example.
    Personally I like the theme buuuut I'm very afraid that it will come with not even half of what Island Paradise for TS3 had to offer.
    Let's wait and see how this develops. I think we'll know soon enough, it's already mid may.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    The description is fake, it was taken from a post here from March

Do you have a link? Which post?

Check the 'A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019' thread, it's literally the first post

awwwww...well that is sad. It was a nice dream.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I was expecting witches but I'm still looking forward to this, witches will be a later time I suppose.

I hope there will be swimmable oceans. Not just in the new world but in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg where I think the only other oceans are. And lounge chairs as well, hopefully.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Oh great. Can't wait for people in comment sections and all that call this possible EP garbage and "they don't listen to us!!!!" because it isn't university.

But seriously, it sounds pretty ok so far. But not getting hopes up because it can be fake.

EDIT: Well, it seems that it's fake. The description is identical to the first post in this thread.

I'm actually glad it's fake because it sounded about the size of a Game Pack and no mention of ocean swimming or Mermaids. For me personally, tropical vacation is not something I want or need, but for all of the people who have been asking for it, I think the pack, if/when it comes, should most certainly contain ocean swimming. Even if swimming is patched in, the pack should have more activities related to swimming, diving, etc. and beachy activities. Even the Traits listed sounded "fishy" (lol). Traits of "Loves Water", "Hates Water" don't actually sound like proper Sim Traits. I'm not trying to bash this person's ideas, I just think it sounded bare for a pack of this theme and not something that would be official.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    What if the description is fake but the pack isn’t? The other site that listed it doesn’t offer any description. The first site has leaked before bundles
  • Options
    Oh great. Can't wait for people in comment sections and all that call this possible EP garbage and "they don't listen to us!!!!" because it isn't university.

But seriously, it sounds pretty ok so far. But not getting hopes up because it can be fake.

EDIT: Well, it seems that it's fake. The description is identical to the first post in this thread.
    I wanted University but they’ve been probably working on the next EP since before the want for university was higher. So I won’t mind if it’s actually true.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    If it's real, I'd sort of be happy because I really wanted a Tropical Pack, but at the same time it depends on what's actually included. If it has hotels our sims can vacation in and lots of activities for all ages, then I'll be pleased.
  • Options
    dollintestinesdollintestines Posts: 1 New Member
    > @CrystalAbyss1 said:
    > What if the description is fake but the pack isn’t? The other site that listed it doesn’t offer any description. The first site has leaked before bundles

yeah i thought about it for a bit and think this might be true. like someone working on the website just googled "the sims 4 tropical island" and went to that forum post and lifted it from there.

honestly, i cant think of anything more boring than ANOTHER vacation themed pack. the GP coming later better be witches. but it probably will be something like cars because they seem intent on making the sims 4 the most boring game on the planet
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    What if the description is fake but the pack isn’t? The other site that listed it doesn’t offer any description. The first site has leaked before bundles

They probably just googled „Sims 4 Tropical Paradise“ and found this description and thought it was an official description so they included it on the website. I think the name and theme are legit.
    The Dutch website that has also listed Tropical Paradise stated that they only know the name and that the features will be included once EA announces the pack.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    A tropical destination would be fine, but the suggested content listed isn't enough for an EP... Surfing is not enough for a pack, there must be something more. So, I'm not convinced - or, I might wish for running a hotel to be the main feature. I'd love that, if it would allow us to add hotels/pension in other worlds. How cool would it be spending a night in a hotel in San Myshuno, or renting a room at a pension in Del Sol Valley while you try to get your film career started? Well, time will tell...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    ... this is ridiculous. Someone posts suggestions on a forum and websites use those suggestions as a 'possible leak'? Do people even try to confirm their 'sources' anymore? I sent a message to Sims VIP about how ridiculous it is, hopefully they remove the description at least.

Now, yes, I suppose it could be tropical world. I REALLY hope it's not yet another vacation thing because I really want something that my Sims can do any time. But a new world with swimming and more Summer activities would sure be nice (as long as the new stuff isn't restricted to that world, obviously - I want more content for my Sims every day life, not just rare vacations).
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    edited May 2019
    I would like to see the wave station return, but I really hope we'll also be able to surf in the actual ocean because having a new surfer aspiration that is only connected to one object seems really weird... And that whole pack hopefully has more to offer because that really only is a GP at best with these few things.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    all the info on that website is taken from someone on here who was just speculating. oh boy.

Yes but the retailer listing this pack isnt a fake.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    SimGuruDuke answered my tweet a while ago where I asked which letter the next expansion starts with, he replied with T, implying he was referencing the “The Sims“ part. It could have been a hint to Tropical Paradise!

a256aFi.gif
  • Options

And another retailer from the Netherlands has also listed Tropical Paradise, but without the fake description from InstantGaming.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    If it's an EP, what do you think it will include? I'd imagine it would have to be big, otherwise it would be a GP. I'm expecting an open and swimable ocean on a new map (don't know if they would update any other maps to be swimable). I feel like resorts are a safe bet, similar to Isla Paradiso, but then, are they going to complete copy that or also try to do something new?
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member

And another retailer from the Netherlands has also listed Tropical Paradise, but without the fake description from InstantGaming.

There’s description, they say it’s a pre-order. Why would they open up a pre-order for something that can change and you don’t what you’re getting?

On the other hand, I believe GameSync is a pretty legit site (I’m Dutch myself).
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    A hotel/motel/B&B pack could be a SP. All you would need is a front desk object to check in/out with and order food from and a door your sim can pick to use as a room. We have pools, spas, fitness stuff, outdoor stuff and anything else we would need to make a resort. All we need is the programming to check in/out and claim a room. Two interactive objects = SP.

I don't know if that is real or fake (I hope it's real and my sims can live there, not just vacation there) but I think they would have to add swimming in the ocean (only in this world probably) and not diving. I'd be happy with snorkeling if the beaches had some beautiful reefs to swim around and interesting ocean life to spy.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Tropical Paradise sounds more like Ilsa Paradiso, which is a residential world, coming in an EP, not a vacation world, like OR or JA, coming in a GP. I hope the "idea" of this leak is real even if the leak isn't.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Hate it. Vacations are boring and I'm so tired of world where it doesn't snow. This is a serious disappointment if it's true.

It snows in every world except Oasis Springs, Del Sol and Strangerville. This is just one GP, there will be others. Relax..