Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Supernatural is long overdue

Comments

• Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they finished the franchise without doing more occults. Clearly they've got other priorities.
  • Options
    Apologies for the double post, but we are officially getting MERMAIDS! The Sims Facebook page just posted a small trailer for an Island Living pack. The only thing I am so desperately hoping for is that the mermaids be PERMANENT. I don't want a timer that says when the Sim will turn back to human. I do want the option of having them be able to turn back to human, but I want it to be just that, an option instead of a timer.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Luckily, we got mermaids and magic this year! FINALLY some much-needed bits of magic. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Apologies for the double post, but we are officially getting MERMAIDS! The Sims Facebook page just posted a small trailer for an Island Living pack. The only thing I am so desperately hoping for is that the mermaids be PERMANENT. I don't want a timer that says when the Sim will turn back to human. I do want the option of having them be able to turn back to human, but I want it to be just that, an option instead of a timer.

since we saw that in the trailer, I am fairly sure being a mermaid is tied to the moon.
  • Options
    Jean wrote: »

since we saw that in the trailer, I am fairly sure being a mermaid is tied to the moon.

Well have to wait and see. Neither is a sure thing yet.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    We. Are. Getting. Two. New. Occults. At. Least. This. Year!!! I'm so happy!!!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I almost started crying this afternoon.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member

I almost started crying this afternoon.

I would've if I hadn't been daydreaming about Fiji :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Wait I didn't hear much about a second occult. Did I not get a memo or something?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Wait I didn't hear much about a second occult. Did I not get a memo or something?

to answer your question @AshtontoAshton22 the first 1 is mermaids in the june 21 expansionpack the second are witches more info to come
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options

In the fall, there will be a pack called “Realm of Magic”, and the presenters used words like “conjure up” and “spell” to emphasize the magic theme.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'd trust that. It's not typical of SimGurus to announce a pack that far in advance, at least, not lately anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I'm not sure if I'd trust that. It's not typical of SimGurus to announce a pack that far in advance, at least, not lately anyway.
    The company announced a magic pack at the event. Magic being the theme is official.

If you’re taking about witches occult... Considering that witches were the number one wanted occult on the official sims twitter poll (and mermaids were number two right underneath), I wouldn’t be surprised if witches or magic-users would be the next occult. I mean, it’s... a magic pack.

(Edited for a minor grammar mistake.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019

Umm...you might want to watch the replay or go on twitter or read other threads. They actually announced it. We didn't get any details, but they used phrases like "spell it out" and "conjure something up" before...ACTUALLY announcing it.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

No I think we can take it seriously, they literally said it would be the next GP, so it's a GP, and we all knew witches were coming so there's little doubt.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »

Umm...you might want to watch the replay or go on twitter or read other threads. They actually announced it. We didn't get any details, but they used phrases like "spell it out" and "conjure something up" before...ACTUALLY announcing it.

Can you lose the condescending tone please? My apparent naivete was not an invitation for that. I just didn't want to get my hopes up for something that could've potentially been reported falsely. I cannot keep track of every single piece of TS4 news all the time, so please don't expect me to. That said, it was not my intention to upset you and I apologize.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Apologies folks, let's get back on track. I'm hoping the magic system has a similar structure to the Vampire power tree.
    Post edited by AshtontoAshton22 on
  • Options
    AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited June 2019
    >.> *please let the island get lots, a better fire dancing skill, and various other cool traditional things*

On topic...
    This is admittedly exciting,
    I just hope that they do it right.
    It looks like there may be some customization which makes me wonder if being a mermaid is it's own sim-type like vampires and aliens, sincerely hoping so.

They announced a magic pack though? legitimately? Because that would be pretty much a dream come true at this point.

Most of what I worry about now any time they announce something cool is that it will be temporary.. (lightning powers, plant sims, etc.) So as long as this sort of thing doesn't fall into that category I'll be happy.

Edit: *went through reading everything on the twitter* sweet~
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    They announce the magic pack which they pretty much hinted at as being witches. When you watch the video they put a huge emphasis on the word "which" (witch) with an expression in the pause as if that was important when they said "which... Game pack is coming next". Then they added something about Conjuring and said it was a magic pack. I'm not into the Supernatural and probably won't buy this one but I'm happy for you all that it seems like you're going to get your witches soon. Besides with the tropical pack I have pretty much everything I am interested in unless they come out with World adventures and generations again haha but I'm not expecting those anytime soon if at all.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Amavari wrote: »
    >.> *please let the island get lots, a better fire dancing skill, and various other cool traditional things*

On topic...
    This is admittedly exciting,
    I just hope that they do it right.
    It looks like there may be some customization which makes me wonder if being a mermaid is it's own sim-type like vampires and aliens, sincerely hoping so.

They announced a magic pack though? legitimately? Because that would be pretty much a dream come true at this point.

Most of what I worry about now any time they announce something cool is that it will be temporary.. (lightning powers, plant sims, etc.) So as long as this sort of thing doesn't fall into that category I'll be happy.

Edit: *went through reading everything on the twitter* sweet~

They essentially did <3
  • Options
    AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just finished watching through the interview they did over their new packs and I have to say I'm absurdly hyped for the work it looks like they did with mermaids, I'll definitely be making.. probably several.

That's the sort of quality I was hoping for, my hope for the realm of magic pack pretty much skyrocketed by the end.

It's nice hearing that *yeah, they are in fact actually listening to us.*
    Post edited by Amavari on
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Jean wrote: »

Well have to wait and see. Neither is a sure thing yet.

Well it's an Idea Corner, so it's my two cents. :) But yeah, we'll have to wait. Guess we'll find out soon enough. It's more that I'm basing it on the moon being featured so heavily in the scene of the mermaid.
  • Options
    IceColdPainIceColdPain Posts: 35 Member
    So Im not sure if anyone else caught on, but the female announcer also said "we'll tell you which (witch) game pack we had in mind." :3
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    I watched the E3 press conference this morning. If you were paying close attention, when they were showing off the bits in CAS and the mermaid tail selections were flipping through, in the bottom left corner, the Sim had 2 forms to make selections for, just like Aliens and their disguises, just like Vampires and their Dark form. They would’t do this if this was a temporary life state.

At the end of the Island Living trailer, they clearly show the Sim walking into the ocean and suddenly developing the mermaid tail. It’s safe to say that water will trigger the tail change (which makes sense), and seeing as how the Official graphics (leaked) actually show the mermaid with the plumbob in the daytime, I’m not sure the moon actually had anything to do with whether a sim can change. Now, whether or not a MerSim will have control of the tail change in water is another story. Maybe the tail is controllable? Maybe not?

At least we can reasonable assume we won’t see anyone flopping down the sidewalk in Willow Creek 😂😂 And thank plum for that, because the Townies are bad enough as it is... and EA are determined to fuel that fire later this summer with that awful Moschino SP... 😑😬

Is it too much to hope that with the new SP, they will also finally fix the pear-shaped, blond Asian, fashion disasters that have been plaguing the game since City Living? 🤞🏻🙏🏻
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Lemon405 wrote: »
    I watched the E3 press conference this morning. If you were paying close attention, when they were showing off the bits in CAS and the mermaid tail selections were flipping through, in the bottom left corner, the Sim had 2 forms to make selections for, just like Aliens and their disguises, just like Vampires and their Dark form. They would’t do this if this was a temporary life state.

At the end of the Island Living trailer, they clearly show the Sim walking into the ocean and suddenly developing the mermaid tail. It’s safe to say that water will trigger the tail change (which makes sense), and seeing as how the Official graphics (leaked) actually show the mermaid with the plumbob in the daytime, I’m not sure the moon actually had anything to do with whether a sim can change. Now, whether or not a MerSim will have control of the tail change in water is another story. Maybe the tail is controllable? Maybe not?

At least we can reasonable assume we won’t see anyone flopping down the sidewalk in Willow Creek 😂😂 And thank plum for that, because the Townies are bad enough as it is... and EA are determined to fuel that fire later this summer with that awful Moschino SP... 😑😬

Is it too much to hope that with the new SP, they will also finally fix the pear-shaped, blond Asian, fashion disasters that have been plaguing the game since City Living? 🤞🏻🙏🏻

I was hoping... Mersims changing abilities would be triggered by Tidal Forces. Merfolk draw their power from the ocean, during High Tide their powers are reaching their peak, which means they have a window of opportunity to walk on dry land, during high tide. Which could last a12 hours (12 minutes in game time.) Low tide, they lack the power to turn into a human, so they remain in water. If a mermaid, were exploring dry land, say walking around the streets of Willow Creek or Oasis Springs and San Myshuno, and High Tide is ending, they have to make it back to shore before the last second otherwise, they will be stranded on dry land, maybe have someone carry them back, or suffer the fate of a beached whale.

I love a good challenge. Ultimately if the player wants, they can purchase a mermaid top tier perk and have the power to change between feet or tail at will.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif