Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Supernatural is long overdue

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I love occult Sims but TS3 Supernatural was just overkill. I never felt like I was able to give each one its fair shake playwise. The graphical issues with wings on fairies were offputting for me (especially sitting on top of the clothing layer) and most of the fun stuff with fairies happened when they were in mini mode which meant just another rabbit hole. And werewolves were just silly -- really, hitting them on the nose with a newspaper? If we're going to get more occults I want them to get the same respect as Vampires were given with a skills tree and other enhancements. Vampires proved that they can get occults right -- it's just the matter of the right time.

It's always overkill which is why I don't want it.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    It's getting pathetic. The realism players get everything they ask for - pets, celebrity, seasons, holiday locations, parenting skills, toddlers and more in the time since Vampires, and they're still screeching about University, yet we haven't had something to cater to us in 2 years. Strangerville just ain't it, sis.

I want Witches, with their weird witchy powers, brooms, powers and potions.

Werewolves with their howling, peeing on the fire hydrant and turning on the full moon.

I want fairies, impish creatures who can turn little, annoy someone or use their powers for good, and are sparkly and adorable.

I want mermaids, who can live on land, but if they go in a pool or the ocean, they develop their tail, can lure people into a pond and drown them, if they so want (like sirens!!!), have outstanding beauty and can sing like nothing else.

I want Plantsims, like in the Sims 2. Not 3 days and all that garbage, I want perma-plant sims, who actually turn into plants, leave flower trails, flourish in the rain and love the water, but don't let them get too hot!

And lastly, I want something entirely new. Maybe pet dragons, unicorns and Pegasi?

I'm so desperate for ANYTHING supernatural, I'll be the first to buy it.

But at this rate, who am I kidding? May as well find another franchise who cares about a big demographic, rather than catering to only one of them. Realism players, please let us have our turn. You can wait for Islands and University. 2 years of what you want. It's OUR turn.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Historically I have never been that into supernatural (definitely more realistic simmer here) but with the release of Vampires I have this... unquenchable thirst (pun intended) for more fantasy play. I want more adventure packs like JA and StrangerVille and I have so many ideas that are on the backburner... I really think I'm becoming a supernatural sim convert! I enjoyed the plum out of the Mother boss battle and definitely want more of these type of things. Maybe like a Kraken or pirate battle in a tropical pack!

I really want witches the most but I have ideas for werewolves and mermaids. Fairies are meh to me - too similar to witches but I wouldn't say no if they became a thing in the future. I would love a different take on robots/servos too - more like cyborgs or Simborgs complete with a cyberpunk world. I think with the Sims 4 CAS you could make some really cool robot sims! I just wish they would update Aliens because compared to Vamps there's not much for them to do...
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    As much as I like vampires and aliens they're eh and the event PlantSims broke my heart seeing green plum sims that do a stupid idle animation that's basically like "oh hey don't forget I'm a plantsim" yeah right

I want witches and servos / plumbots back already, hell even fairies I never got to try fairies in TS3 at all even though I heard about them being like another coat of paint of witches I want to see a new take on them

I want to be able to play TS4 more than 2 hours (as of lately my sessions had been 30 minutes or less), I can play TS2 for at least 6 hours because of fantasy keeping me a float and so on
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    You know... I would really like a stuff/game/expansion pack dedicated to bunnies. As a bunny owner I would like a bunny sim to function like a dog or cat in a household either free range, "penned" or caged (abused :'( ) Like in real life they could die of GI stasis soo we could substitute it with some sim-ish illness and of course... old age. :D I can dream!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • DuendeDuende Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2019
    munroele wrote: »
    Strangerville just ain't it, sis..... But at this rate, who am I kidding? May as well find another franchise who cares about a big demographic, rather than catering to only one of them. Realism players, please let us have our turn. You can wait for Islands and University. 2 years of what you want. It's OUR turn.

@munroele
    tenor.gif?itemid=12251524

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2019
    Makin' Magic was the very last EP for "The Sims", the eighth and last supernatural EP for Sims 2 (Apartment life) and seventh for Sims 3 as Supernatural so it might take some time to get it for Sims 4 as well.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I‘m afraid that witches and magic will become a Game Pack which means we won‘t get as much magical content and witches wouldn‘t be as fleshed out as in an expansion like Makin‘ Magic.
    a256aFi.gif
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Makin' Magic was the very last EP for "The Sims", the eighth and last supernatural EP for Sims 2 (Apartment life) and seventh for Sims 3 as Supernatural so it might take some time to get it for Sims 4 as well.

Why should it, though? Why should we always have to wait for what we want?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Nyx has made a mod for every single thing you said in that post.

Also, Strangerville came out, did it not? I'd count that as Supernatural.
    And the Mother Plant really is a genie if you revive her after you finish the story.
    A
    I
    I
    I
    I
    Strangerville spoilers.

Some people don't use mods for one reason or another.

Strangerville is awesome--I combined it with plant Sims for a more supernatural vibe, but what makes Vampires so interesting is the fact that you have choices as to what kind of vampire you're going to be, like you have choices for what type of celebrity you will be. It's really well developed, and while there have been other supernatural states (all of them except aliens being temporary), none of them involve any extra choices, and (again, except aliens) the only "powers" you get are different needs. (The ghosts don't even get that, which I still don't get...if skeletons don't need food and bathrooms, why do ghosts??)

I think it is more than fair to say there hasn't been a fully fleshed-out new life state since Vampires. No puns about the skeletons intended.

Heh, back when I posted that I didn't realize that people were against mods. In my defense, testing was going on at school and my brain was fried.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited May 2019

From a layman's perspective, I think part of that is the SimGurus figuring out which ideas will be most marketable. I also think another part of that is deadlines, sometimes they may have to push some things farther down the to-do list in order to get other packs out on schedule. Testing new ideas is probably another factor here, for example, what things that have been in previous games can they implement in ways that haven't been done before. There's also ideas that some SimGurus might want to further explore that other SimGurus might not be quite as interested in. Balancing all that out with giving people what they want is probably quite tricky. I apologize if the question was rhetorical or something, I just wanted to offer an explanation.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I have a feeling that this year's gamepack will be witches. It'd better be.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited May 2019

From a layman's perspective, I think part of that is the SimGurus figuring out which ideas will be most marketable. I also think another part of that is deadlines, sometimes they may have to push some things farther down the to-do list in order to get other packs out on schedule. Testing new ideas is probably another factor here, for example, what things that have been in previous games can they implement in ways that haven't been done before. There's also ideas that some SimGurus might want to further explore that other SimGurus might not be quite as interested in. Balancing all that out with giving people what they want is probably quite tricky. I apologize if the question was rhetorical or something, I just wanted to offer an explanation.

In terms of what would be the most marketable (as well as the most profitable), a pack about the supernatural, adding another supernatural, or even magic would be fantastic for them, especially if well done, because many people are fans of the following:
    • Harry Potter
    • The Supernatural TV Series
    • Twilight
    • Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    • Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines

And other similar forms of media. Then with how well-done Vampires was, opens up multiple avenues of exploration with other occults. People also enjoy exploring the unknown and being able to reflect that in their games would be even more attractive and then finally, because people are fans of those universes mentioned earlier, being able to replicate at least some parts of them is also attractive.

So unless there's some key piece of information I'm missing from a marketing standpoint, excluding the asinine focus on marketing the game towards teenage girls, NOT adding in more supernatural content is, quite frankly, stupid.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited May 2019
    The Sims 4 Supernatural cannot happen, The Sims 3 Supernatural, while it had noble intentions, and I appreciated the underlying content, It was a complete disaster, and So should not be repeated in that fashion.

I believe, a Sorcerers EP is in order, along with a Werewolves GP, and hopefully with more Adventure type, Game Packs we could get Mermaids, and other States. I would Love more European Adventures. Would love a Ancient Roman Empire-Greek-Egyptian Restored/reimagined world. France and The United Kingdom.

Unfortunately, @AHolyToilet is right, much to my annoyance, those universes are the most marketable.

I implore the devs, When it comes to packs like this, it's crucial, not to let those Universes like Harry Potter, heavily influence the Game Pack. But they should be one brick in a very long wall, and the foundation of the wall should not be a particular universe alone, Should be the concept itself, in this case magic. Because what happens is, when one idea gets a foot hold in the foundation, their footprint then drives the whole pack. Then your left with "Witches only able to use wands to do magic" and you are left with a Harry Potter Pack. Which would be useless to some people, because then they can't play the way they want and essentially forced to comply to how others are playing... (Sorry, still triggered form the Sims 3 Supernatural that game is in a Love/Hate relationship. Looking back The spells were okay, could be better, animated better, some were cheap, like the Toadification Spell, and the Sleeping curse, They didn't commit to the spells, Like if you're going to do magic you have to do it right! put a sim under a sleeping curse, the point of a curse is to suffer indefinitely, not temporarily, there shouldn't be Hope when it comes to curses. and turn a sim into a toad, it has to be an actual toad, not a sim wearing a toad costume. Need I go on?)

Basically, what I'm trying to say is don't let Harry Potter, Charmed, Hocus Pocus, Disney Movies, Twilight, or even my personal Favorites Once Upon a Time, and Teen Wolf (2011) heavily influence the pack. But make them available as a optional play style across the board. Also add maybe source other video games, I would say Elder Scrolls Online, Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts, look at the Magical Properties of those games.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    What really bugs me here is that we haven't had any PERMANENT supernaturals since Vampires. They practically rushed out Skeletons and PlantSims without our input. I have a feeling that the same will probably happen with Mermaids if they're implemented, but only time will tell. Not many people asked for temporary life states, if at all.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    What really bugs me here is that we haven't had any PERMANENT supernaturals since Vampires. They practically rushed out Skeletons and PlantSims without our input. I have a feeling that the same will probably happen with Mermaids if they're implemented, but only time will tell. Not many people asked for temporary life states, if at all.

Yeah they should make skeletons and PlantSims permanent life states. What‘s the point of life states if they‘re only temporary? I don’t want to worry that my PlantSims will turn normal after some time.
    a256aFi.gif

Yeah they should make skeletons and PlantSims permanent life states. What‘s the point of life states if they‘re only temporary? I don’t want to worry that my PlantSims will turn normal after some time.

Good point. :(
  • godagarahgodagarah Posts: 7 New Member
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > AshtontoAshton22 wrote: »
    >
    > What really bugs me here is that we haven't had any PERMANENT supernaturals since Vampires. They practically rushed out Skeletons and PlantSims without our input. I have a feeling that the same will probably happen with Mermaids if they're implemented, but only time will tell. Not many people asked for temporary life states, if at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah they should make skeletons and PlantSims permanent life states. What‘s the point of life states if they‘re only temporary? I don’t want to worry that my PlantSims will turn normal after some time.

this... this i would love to see... here's to hoping
  • MortimerGothMortimerGoth Posts: 80 Member
    I love the Sims 3 Supernatural, and it would be great if we got a similar expansion for TS4. I hope they do not ration out the supernaturals in individual game packs.
    godagarah wrote: »
    > @FreezerBunnyCowplant said:
    > AshtontoAshton22 wrote: »
    >
    > What really bugs me here is that we haven't had any PERMANENT supernaturals since Vampires. They practically rushed out Skeletons and PlantSims without our input. I have a feeling that the same will probably happen with Mermaids if they're implemented, but only time will tell. Not many people asked for temporary life states, if at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yeah they should make skeletons and PlantSims permanent life states. What‘s the point of life states if they‘re only temporary? I don’t want to worry that my PlantSims will turn normal after some time.

this... this i would love to see... here's to hoping

The trouble is, I'm not sure if the SimGurus are getting the hint that temporary life states are unpopular with a lot of the supernatural players
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    I hate all forms of Supernatural and never touched the Vampire game in Sims 4, however, I am shocked it has not been a thing lol.
  • godagarahgodagarah Posts: 7 New Member
    they would make alot of dough if they made a supernatural pack or a bundle of life state game packs title supernatural for the sims 4 i can be sure of that so im fairly surprised as well
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I would like witches especially if they are done like this

1. Similar trait selection to the Sims 4 Vampires
    2. Alignments from Sim 2 - Neutral, Good, Very Good, Bad and Very Bad
    3. Familiars from Sims 2 - I'd like to see Owls, Ravens, Cats, Peacocks, Unicorns, Snakes. They choose you not the other way around and its dependent upon Alignment. The familiars would have powers but in a limited way.
    4. Wands or staffs and dueling
    5. Alchemy - Transmutations
    6. Brewing Potions - Different Potions = Different Bottles and Potion Color
    7. Learning Spells
    8. The 8 Schools of Magic - Abjuration, Conjuration, Divination, Enchantment, Evocation, Illusion, Necromancy, Transmutation
    9. Brooms - for autonomous sweeping and for riding
    10. Growing and collecting ingredients for Potions and Alchemy
    11. I'd also like to see a couple of crafts as off-shoots of magic like drying herbs and flowers. They don't have to be inherently magical.
    12. Witch covens as a new social group. And the heads of the Covens be the Very Good or Very Bad Witch
    13. In addition to not only selecting an Alignment but choosing a path Druidic or Arcane.
    14. Crafting and enchanting items to do different spell stuff. For example magic jewelry like rings or amulets. Or instruments like a harp to play on its own. Or the aforementioned Broom to fly and sweep on its own
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member

In terms of what would be the most marketable (as well as the most profitable), a pack about the supernatural, adding another supernatural, or even magic would be fantastic for them, especially if well done, because many people are fans of the following:
    • Harry Potter
    • Twilight

And other similar forms of media. Then with how well-done Vampires was, opens up multiple avenues of exploration with other occults. People also enjoy exploring the unknown and being able to reflect that in their games would be even more attractive and then finally, because people are fans of those universes mentioned earlier, being able to replicate at least some parts of them is also attractive.

So unless there's some key piece of information I'm missing from a marketing standpoint, excluding the asinine focus on marketing the game towards teenage girls, NOT adding in more supernatural content is, quite frankly, stupid.

I think the reason Supernatural packs might be last or late in the series is that everything in-game has to be changed to accommodate the magic element. Realistic type packs just fit in to the jigsaw, so to speak. One supernatural at a time might be easier to incorporate.

Just my opinion though. :)

• Harry Potter
    • Twilight

I think the reason Supernatural packs might be last or late in the series is that everything in-game has to be changed to accommodate the magic element. Realistic type packs just fit in to the jigsaw, so to speak. One supernatural at a time might be easier to incorporate.

Just my opinion though. :)

Magic and unrealism fit the game perfectly too. Sims 2 was able to incorporate aliens in the base game, and while they weren't great by any means, I saw much less complaining about them and other magical elements than I do now. People got so used to TS4 being so boring - I mean, realistic - that they've forgotten how fun it is to have other life states in the game. And it isn't fair to continuously alienate your players when we keep screaming for more.

Witches came in third in the March Madness poll for a reason - the occults are wanted by the fandom.