Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone tried to play TS3 after playing TS4 for so long?

I am currently downloading the sims 3. I haven’t played since the sims 4 came out. I love the sims 4 but the sims 3 has soooo much more depth. I’m just not sure if I can go back to the horrible looking graphics. Anyone load up the game after not playing for years? How was your experience?

Comments

• Options
    JasonPogoJasonPogo Posts: 504 Member
    edited April 2019
    I did that a while back. The game really did look bad and I could not get over how ugly all the sims where in 3 after getting used to 4. But I did LOVE how much more interaction the sims in 3 have with each other and the world.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I wouldn't say years, but I've predominantly played TS4 ever since 2017. I sometimes go back to TS3 (and TS2). In TS3's case it's to play my legacy.

I can still get into it. TS3 has its own charm, and I don't think the graphics are ugly. I like the multitasking in TS4, but I can live without it. Don't really care much for the emotions system. My system can also handle the open world just fine.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I go back to the sims 2 sometimes and I enjoy it. I hope my system can handle the sims 3
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I play all the sims games. It’s subjective about sims 3 graphics, I personally think sims 3 worlds are much better looking than sims 4 worlds, the art style is just so much nicer.

Graphics don’t make a game. Game play and depth will always be the meat and gravy of a video game and the sims 3 is like a steak dinner in that dept. Sims 4 on the other hand is the McDonalds equivalent.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I still play Sims 3, never stopped (except when I ran out of hard drive space).
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    I tried, but the sims in sims 3 are too ugly, especially those demonic looking toddlers. I'll probably try again later down the line because I miss island paradise so much.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2019
    Tried and failed lol lasted all of an hour before I had to cut it off, wash my eyes out with bleach, and open up TS4 again. It was a horrible experience. Everything is ugly. It wasn’t nostalgic in the slightest. I start to shiver just thinking about it.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I'd love to try again but I spend too much time on my laptop anyway so I won't.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    bobbyjo727bobbyjo727 Posts: 118 Member
    Hm..see I went back to playing Sims 3 and became annoyed with various aspects of Sims 4.
    I love the open world so it was a bit frustrating to not be able to control my Sims at home while others were traveling. However, I love building in the Sims 4 over Sims 3. It’s never been strength but it’s been enjoyable on Sims 4.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2019
    I never liked the Sims 3 that much not even when it was the current sims game so I definitely wouldn't go back to it now. It had horrible graphics and was very demanding on PC's. The only thing I really did like about it was the open world. I honestly found it really disappointing after playing the Sims 2 for many years.
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    So I gave it a go. My computer handled the game just fine. I played for about 20 minutes and couldn’t handle the graphics. The sims are just so awful looking I couldn’t get past it.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    I am currently downloading the sims 3. I haven’t played since the sims 4 came out. I love the sims 4 but the sims 3 has soooo much more depth. I’m just not sure if I can go back to the horrible looking graphics. Anyone load up the game after not playing for years? How was your experience?

It's an adjustment period graphically.
    TS4's are graphics are so colorful and blurry, you have to get use to TS3's more crisp and lower saturated textures and the style of its Sims.
    But I do enjoy the open world more and I will always prefer Create-A-Style over presets only. I also like TS3's personality traits.

I don't play it much because I know it's always there and I don't have time for two Sims games.
    So I just toy with TS4 for now, waiting for University.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I have. I love all the interactions the Sims have, and I can't express the love I have for the huge, open worlds. I just play both so I can enjoy a bit of each.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    My TS3 game got corrupted right before the release of TS4 and I haven’t gone back since.
  • Options
    RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I did a while ago. Didn’t like the graphics, but got used to them pretty quickly. What bothered me was not having multitasking.
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    A few months back I decided to open TS3 cause there are certain things I missed, but when I opened my last save it wouldn't even load right. It is so laggy and the graphics are so different than TS4. Then I looked at the toddlers and couldn't believe I thought they were cute once. >.< I actually uninstalled it cause I figured I'm never really going to play it again and it just took so much space. I guess I'm a sucker for TS4 now, took me a while in the beginning though.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I've been back to play it a few times and given up quickly each time.

I am not even sure why I find it difficult to play now, I used to love that version and still think fondly of the open world and all the stuff they could do. But every time I opened it up I'd start to play and then just think 'nah' and close it again.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I occasionally go back. My issue is it takes so long to load even on my decent gaming desktop. I do enjoy the gameplay when I finally get to it but there are things I find myself missing from sims 4 and I struggle to really ever get back into it. I have tried it’s just hard. May try again one day.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2019
    As long as the only arguments against it remain being about ugliness and graphics, I know there’s no reason for me to try Sims 4 again. It still isn’t the gameplay that’s selling it apparently.

(a tip for the OP, if you have a decent computer and can play the Sims 3 on highest settings, it looks great in a different way, in some respects better even, loads in 4 minutes and runs just fine, open world and all)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited April 2019
    Play s2 on and off again way more than s3. And the game still just didn't feel that intimate enough for me to get into like S2 or S4. Not just the graphics (have it on the highest settings. Landscaping is pretty in certain worlds but the Sims are just ugh) but found myself pretty bored with the majority of rabbit holes in-game. S3 kinda just felt like it tried to be a copy cat of s2 but everything I enjoyed about it sucked out.

Good for me to mess around with it for about an hour and then just turn it off. Always had a bad run in with corrupt game saves so I don't even bother investing a a lot of time into it either.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited April 2019
    Sims3 is still my favorite in the Sims franchise. I play it a lot whenever I become frustrated with Sims4 and it's lack of gameplay that I enjoy. I am currently copying my Sims3 save files to my new gaming rig, taking it slowly as I become better acquainted with the new graphics card (1080ti). The new graphics card will allow me to add some lighting mods that the current PC Sims3 is installed on hates with a passion. I play Sims4 on a year old gaming laptop and it purrs along very nicely. I also keep a back up of my Sims4 files on an external hard drive. I've put too much work into getting it just the way I want it, with save files that are three years old that I play off and on, to take a chance at losing all of them. Been there, done that, and cried a lot when it happened. Sims3 and 4 are very different games with different needs. In order to enjoy what each has to offer one has to be patient and very careful with what mods one uses. A lighting mod I used with Sims3 for years was a good one but my new rig doesn't like it. But there are others out there that look promising. I go back to Sims3 quite often because I miss Island Paradise and Lucky Palms. The bulk of my saves are of those worlds, with Sims I have been playing for at least seven years.

Going back and forth as I do I have the opportunity to play the way that suits whatever mood I am in. And I am very fortunate to have PCs that can handle the needs of each one. Sims3 has its issues, but I love what it has to offer that Sims4 does not have at the moment. I am also fond of Sims4 and its art style. I dislike the way updates break mods in Sims4 more often than in Sims3. Right now I am waiting to find out if today's update has affected my mods so I will go back to working on getting Sims3 moved over to its new home.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I've never stopped playing the sims 3. It's more like I go back to the sims 4 on occasion after a few years just to check out how it coming along.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @JoAnne65 May I ask which graphics card you are using?
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I still play 3 on occasion, it has a special place in my heart, I think the graphics are ugly in comparison to 4, but it has such a specific charm that I just lust over.
  • Options
    Elegantblkchina1Elegantblkchina1 Posts: 103 Member
    I can't seem to play S2 on my newer computer, it's not recognized unfortunately. I think it's the graphics card. Anyway, I skipped on most of S3 because of how hideous the Sims looked. I just couldn't take looking at them any longer so I could NEVER go back to S3 after S4. But I did really like the open world.