Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which business would you want?

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other...?
    For me the main thing I want to run is a car garage.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Bars + Lounges
    I would love to own a bar/lounge. I think it would be cool to run and book some celebrity meet and greets and stuff like that. Hotel's would be my second choice but with a beach vacation spot, that would make it better for sure. I actually just started playing with owning bussiness's in sims4 and I literally was thinking about this the other day.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Hotels
    I'm not very interessted in owning and runing Business with my Sims. But if I have to choose one, it would be Hotels.
    I run a Hotel IRL so I think this could be fun tough :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Hotels
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    For me the main thing I want to run is a car garage.

Love this idea! Cars with a mechanic career are definitely on my wishlist.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Other...?
    A salon for hair styling, makeup, outfits and tanning.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Other...?
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I want Daycare centres.

That could be super fun
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    Other...?
    Maybe it’s considered as a hotel? But I really enjoyed creating the whole resort in ts3 island paradise. Or maybe it’s considered a tourist attraction?

Or is tourist attraction something like a theme park or water park? Those would be AWESOME!

I also really like @Sygzy05 ‘s idea of a daycare. That could lead to some really fun and sporadic gameplay.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Hotels
    Hotel and even apartments
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Bars + Lounges
    The hotel could be fun, but the things I'd like to do with the existing venues but can't bother me more than the lack of hotels. A pack that let me own bars/lounges/nightclubs/karaoke bars could also allow me to set their dress codes, drink/food menus, and music genres played by the djs, and come with lot traits that dictate what kind of sims are most likely to visit, or banned altogether (such as a vampire only nightclub, or a teen hangout, or lots that don't get supernatural visitors at all). I'd also hope it would include pool tables and additional lounge performance options (like a band). And come with a new venue type like an arcade that features video and pub games but doesn't have a bar, for kids and teens.
  • Options
    eeeyuneeeyun Posts: 45 Member
    Hotels
    Running a hotel would be so fun! Especially if you could build it in one of the destination worlds. I feel like Granite Falls and Selvadorada are such amazing worlds, but I always forget about them and my sims never visit them!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    Other...?
    Amusement park or Concert Hall or Dude Ranch.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Tourist Attractions
    But I think for Tourist attractions there'd have to be vacation spots to visit to house them. That'd be a lot of fun I think.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Hotels
    I'd like to run an hotel, but I can't think of a way it could be possible with the actual employee's system. Can't hardly stay open for 12 hours, the employees start refusing to work correctly. They become tired and unsatisfied. If we'd have to close down the hotel every 12 hours ... it wouldn't do it.

Daycare center is quite a fun idea.
    Concert Hall would be very interesting too.
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    Bars + Lounges
    I’d love to run a lounge AND a hotel, but I chose lounge because I think that’d be pretty cool since we’ve never been given that option.
    > @Melpomena said:
    > I'd like to run an hotel, but I can't think of a way it could be possible with the actual employee's system. Can't hardly stay open for 12 hours, the employees start refusing to work correctly. They become tired and unsatisfied. If we'd have to close down the hotel every 12 hours ... it wouldn't do it.
    >
    > Daycare center is quite a fun idea.
    > Concert Hall would be very interesting too.

I don’t know if you play with mods, but KawaiiStacie just released one where you can own and run your own hotel.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Other...?
    Oh, oh, oh! How about a mechanic's shop/garage?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    Hotels
    @TheMagnolia I'm not using mods for now. I'm waiting till development is over, then I'll see if I decide to use them. But thanks anyway.
  • Options
    jaymiex89jaymiex89 Posts: 53 Member
    Other...?
    I say Movie Theatre; I bought the Movie Hangout Stuff pack intending to do that, but, unfortunately, it wasn't an option.
    Seems really weird that when you hover over items from the pack in Build/Buy, it gives a stat on profit % increase when you can't plumming own a theatre at all! :s:s
    I'm still really angry about this.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited April 2019
    Other...?
    I'd also like our sims to be able to make things to sell in their shops and I would really like to make toys and have my sims run a toy shop selling the things they make there.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Other...?
    None. There are plenty of games that simulate businesses, and they generally do a better job at it because it's the only point of the game. Every time they create some sort of business for Sims to run, all I hear about is the bugs. Sims are too multi-faceted to behave properly in a business simulation, and people get frustrated because the NPCs (or their own Sims) aren't doing what they're supposed to do.

Then again, the work aspect is probably my least favourite part of the Sims - my Sims usually don't have proper jobs. Work is the last thing I want to think about when I sit down to relax and play with my Sims.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Hotels
    Definitely hotels. But I would also love a tattoo/piercing parlor.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Other...?
    Before the style influencer career came along, I was hoping for a salon type of business to come at some point, I really like the idea of sims coming in with a specific budget and look in mind and it’s up to the player to fulfil their wishes, and based on the service the customer received the player would get a set amount of tips or something similar. But now that we have the style influencer career I’m not sure if that will ever be a thing.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2019
    Hotels
    I really want hotels and also live-in Bed and Breakfasts. The ability to run campsites with OR would be good too. Resorts or "Dude Ranches" would also be great and give me something to do with massive lots.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    Other...?
    Hair Salon would be soo awesome! I loved it in TS2 <3
    Daycare was also one of my favorites in TS3 (although I'd actually prefer a venue over an in-home establishment).

But as for one we've never really had officially, I'd really like the idea of a jeweler. Similar to how florist really piqued my interest in gardening. A jeweler would really give me a reason to collect special rocks and materials. Also the thought of crafting special engagement rings would be pretty awesome too <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Bars + Lounges
    I was going to vote for hotel, but i think that would be most likely to happen if this was going to be a thing, so i voted for bar/lounge since we never really had a proper system for it.

In TS2 i used to have very grumpy nasty male sims own a night club and then only hire cheap looking sims with a pre set outfit who danced in those club cages :D ooh i miss those days where it was all fun and games. Now its ike a game for children only.

If this were going to be a thing, i would want it to be like winning actual money from entrance and also setting these all over town. Woul also work great with GF now. I would also like to be able to win a set % from sold drinks/food at the bar.
    The business system needs to get serious and harder. I want sims to have shifts, set tasks and functions and not so you have to re arrange everything every single day. I want to be able to set a good working sim or family member as a manager and win money while I sleep. TS2 style, but the ease from TS4.

I feel TS4 mixes ease with childish too often. Easy does not have to mean app-like. It should be more how Windows upgraded itself for easier use, but still the acces to almost everything.
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Hotels
    Hotels if I had to pick just one of the options. Ideally, though, I'd want all.

I would also like to see the return of the pay-per-hour metre from Sims 2 Open For Business. With that bad boy, you could turn anything into a business (I run several cemeteries using it) and I would like more options along those lines rather than set perimeters and restrictions.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.