Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shoud Univesty come with another age

Comments

• Options
    lynciaa_lollynciaa_lol Posts: 22 Member
    A tween age would be so cool!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Karon I personally fail to see how middle aged sims are lacking when the vast majority of the gameplay is already focused on adults. :/

some examples

bingo
    feeding ducks, birds
    knitting
    pottery
    sowing machine
    walking stick
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    They should have just done a non-lazy version of teens from the get go. I feel it is too late at this point.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It is my belief that they added YA's in from the start for the sake of copying adult animations. This way, they don't need to be added later in a Uni pack and saves just that much more data space for something else to be added.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    No I don’t think it should, especially not tweens because tweens don’t go to university and two we really don’t NEED another life stage, especially not this late in the game.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    Nope, unless they did young young adult
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    No I don’t think it should, especially not tweens because tweens don’t go to university and two we really don’t NEED another life stage, especially not this late in the game.

I can understand that it does feel a bit like the life cycle of this product ( not the series) is coming to an end.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I don't think we need anymore life stages in the game. YA sims were introduced for uni back in the sims 2. Preteen/tween just seems pointless to me. Just make the teens act more like teens! I don't understand what some are saying when they talk about adding a life stage between adult and elder. To me, the adult stage is the older-adult that they are mentioning. I would rather they focus on making a good uni/education pack instead.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't think we need anymore life stages in the game. YA sims were introduced for uni back in the sims 2. Preteen/tween just seems pointless to me. Just make the teens act more like teens! I don't understand what some are saying when they talk about adding a life stage between adult and elder. To me, the adult stage is the older-adult that they are mentioning. I would rather they focus on making a good uni/education pack instead.

All of this.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited May 2019
    Young adults were made for Uni in the first place since TS2

On topic of tweens and teens that got brought up here I want teens to stand out more in terms of less duck face and looking more like a teen and acting like one, tweens would be nice for a future generations pack update though
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,636 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    So we have toddlers, children, Teens, young adults, Adults and Elders but I think we are missing a stage from 16/17 to about 20 you are at an odd stage you are not a kid anymore and not a teen but you also don't feel like am Adult (it's before the Ya stage) I call this stage the pre- Adult Stage I Remember feeling this way in college(A-level) and University. It's an important part of our lives and is missed out in the Sims I think a university pack would be the perfect time to add this overlooked stage in our lives what do you think?

I don't know about you, but where I live 18 is considered a YA. We can vote and sign contracts. (You can also marry without parental consent.) So, while we are still 'teens' there is a certain sense of 'I have arrived'. Personally, I got married at 19, although I'm rather fond of suggesting I was a child until age 21. The only age I perceive the game is missing at this point is babies. I know many rail at how tall and YA-ish the teens are in this game, (need I point out, again, that I was married at age 19) and that may well give the false sense we're 'missing' an age bracket, when we truly aren't.

Now, should EA decide to bless us with middle-school 'tweens' I wouldn't be too upset. Middle school tends to be either 7th-8th grade, or 6th-8th grade or even 7th-9th grade depending on the school district. I was in the first bracket. These Sims would, quite naturally, be shorter than the 'older' teens, but not always.

If I could have what I truly want, our Sims would gradually grow as they age in Sim days, and it would be random. As in not all Sims would be the same height. Now, I'm well aware that's a difficult game-mechanic to overcome, the differing heights, but one day, perhaps, some genius will come along and find it an easy fix. ;) All of the female Sims in this game are just as tall as the males. Hello! I'm not that tall. My husband isn't a giant, either, (5'9") but he's taller than me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    For the sims 5 I would expect more gradually aging. For the sims 4 and improvement, I think there are a lot of missing ages still.
    Maybe they should split each age group in 2 phases. At least for these:

Baby: 0-1
    Toddler: 1-4
    Child phase l: 5-7 (more into playing games, more parent dependent, no hard school work)
    Child phase ll: 7-11 (socially more awkward / more independent and can travel alone, real homework/little school pressure, can have a crush on others)
    Teen l: 12-15 (exploring mild romance level like kissing, social/awkward phases)
    Teen phase ll: 15-18 (able to fool around, go to prom, get a side job)
    YA phase l: 18-22 Go (best phase for uni, can do anything YA can do nowadays)
    YA phase ll: 22-29
    Adult phase l: 30-40
    Adults phase ll: 41-55
    Elder phase l: 56-65
    Elder phase ll: 66-and over

I think this could work great where the weird gaps for example between a child and teen will be fixed. At some point I feel my child is too young looking to be a teen the next day and then to have dates, a side job and get ready for serious life.
    We now have elders who kind of gradually age. First they get wrinkles and grey hair, then they start to walk different and get even more wrinkles. This could be made the same for the other age stages. It still counts as 1 age and there is no birthday or whatsoever, BUT you can see your sim gradually change in behavior and maybe slightly in looks too.

Child phase l: They could have a higher pitch voice
    Child phase ll: They kind of prepare to become a teen as they get more awkward and less childish.
    Teen phase l: Too young to be seen as a sim that will be an adult any time soon. They are still a bit giggly about stuff.
    Teen phase ll: More serious and focused. Less awkward and less phases.

etc. etc.
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    Can they make the existing ages playable first?
  • Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Nope. We do not need another lifestate in the Sims. Too many other major issues need to be worked on before wasting time with something in between young adult and adult..
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    For the sims 5 I would expect more gradually aging. For the sims 4 and improvement, I think there are a lot of missing ages still.
    Maybe they should split each age group in 2 phases. At least for these:

Baby: 0-1
    Toddler: 1-4
    Child phase l: 5-7 (more into playing games, more parent dependent, no hard school work)
    Child phase ll: 7-11 (socially more awkward / more independent and can travel alone, real homework/little school pressure, can have a crush on others)
    Teen l: 12-15 (exploring mild romance level like kissing, social/awkward phases)
    Teen phase ll: 15-18 (able to fool around, go to prom, get a side job)
    YA phase l: 18-22 Go (best phase for uni, can do anything YA can do nowadays)
    YA phase ll: 22-29
    Adult phase l: 30-40
    Adults phase ll: 41-55
    Elder phase l: 56-65
    Elder phase ll: 66-and over

I think this could work great where the weird gaps for example between a child and teen will be fixed. At some point I feel my child is too young looking to be a teen the next day and then to have dates, a side job and get ready for serious life.
    We now have elders who kind of gradually age. First they get wrinkles and grey hair, then they start to walk different and get even more wrinkles. This could be made the same for the other age stages. It still counts as 1 age and there is no birthday or whatsoever, BUT you can see your sim gradually change in behavior and maybe slightly in looks too.

Child phase l: They could have a higher pitch voice
    Child phase ll: They kind of prepare to become a teen as they get more awkward and less childish.
    Teen phase l: Too young to be seen as a sim that will be an adult any time soon. They are still a bit giggly about stuff.
    Teen phase ll: More serious and focused. Less awkward and less phases.

etc. etc.

That’s wayyy too many phases and I don’t ever see that becoming reality. It took so long just to get Toddlers.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't think it's necessary but I would like custom lifespans, then I can adjust the days so they have a bit longer before adult (normal is too short and long is too long)

Also if we actually get to go to a uni work I would possibly like it to have a slower progression "back at home". If I spend 4 weeks at uni, sims at home should only age 2 or 3 weeks so their parents don't flat out die

Edit: I feel the most likely thing they'll do is like when they added toddlers, and added some days to older gens to accomdate caring for them. They'll prob add more days to the YA stage for uni
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    I would like to see an age between child and teen, and an age between Adult and Elder. And anyone from at least young adult and up should be able to attend college.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    No. A lot of people aren't thinking realistically about what it would mean to have more ages. We'd have much less in-game content as they'd be focused on making/recreating animations and CAS items for the new ages.
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I dont think they need another life stage to come with a university pack but I would really like for the adults to have a midlife crisis again. just to differentiate the life stages between YA and adult, and maybe for more fleshed out teens. that way they dont all feel like YA.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think another age should come with any pack. We have all the stages we need and another adult stage is pointless IMO.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    just add more stuff for the lifestages we have now.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I just send teens turning YA to University - period.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Nah, we don't need a new lifestage for this. Hopefully a revamp yes, but not completely new stuff.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2019
    mika wrote: »
    No. A lot of people aren't thinking realistically about what it would mean to have more ages. We'd have much less in-game content as they'd be focused on making/recreating animations and CAS items for the new ages.
    I'm pretty sure everyone gets it that want other life stages we know that the team would have to work on them instead of other projects that's obvious. With that said I'd gladly give up other content in favor of getting unleashed babies and preteens the Sims are why I play this game and as it is with the shortcuts in the base game with a bassinet and adult-teens who in an instant go from a tiny child to the size of an adult there is just so much missing game play and story possibilities. These could easily be worked on with a Generations pack as well as new walk styles for elders facemasks and flesh out all the life stages that desperately need it giving us the huge moments you experience in different stages of life.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    That's what a young adult is. >18. Realize any addition of more ages takes away from the current ages and teens, toddlers, elders, and even kids are already lacking. So, no. No additional ages are needed.