Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I start a Legacy Challenge?

HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
Leave a comment if there should be two founders!
Origin ID
HillyPlays
P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything

Should I start a Legacy Challenge? 35 votes

Yes- male founder
37%
emorrilljillbgdavina1221milly001larrylove12bekkasanbudewarminKNOReartakenbysheepAvataritlazyjuniperizecsonIVXXXVI 13 votes
Yes- female founder
45%
pisceschick75Rflong7ilovejewel17cwaddellWollybuttduhboy2u2GITTE2001IckleP09StephStebjordandBreazonaClarionOfJoyhermioniajonny522Hecate13acvleu 16 votes
No
17%
JoAnne65CravenLestatSindocatChimarkthuggishsplicerLibertyTheFree 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    If you decided a Legacy Challenge (caps on that makes it sound like you mean "official" one) with two founders, wouldn't that have to be a different type of challenge? I thought the official one required a single founder, that can't marry a rich sim?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Yes- female founder
    Female founder... just because I wanted to. :mrgreen::cookie:
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Yes- male founder
    Just to do it the old fashioned, traditional way...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes- female founder
    Really you should start a Legacy Challenge with which ever gender you want. Besides the original Legacy Challenge there are several variations but I would start with the original and play it for a while to get a feel for how it plays.

I have only played one Legacy Challenge according to the rules and it helped broaden my play style. It forced me to interact with the towns people more than I was used to since I could not create my own love interest/partner and I learned that some of the traits I considered "bad" were actually fun and not so bad. I'm afraid I only lasted 5 generations since I tend to start other games to try new ideas and often don't go back to older games. Also I'm not one for rules but I'm glad I tried a Legacy.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes- female founder
    I think legacy challenges require commitment, so pick whichever you want or both. That's most important in order to continue the legacy for as long as possible. But you can make it more difficult if you like:

I voted for female founder which will make her the Mitochondrial Eve and then choose a female from the children to carry on. To select which one, Mitochondrial Eve should have a distinct feature (physical or trait or occult life state) about her which passes on to the heirs.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No
    Voted no because you allowed it lol, and for me there just isn’t anything appealing about challenges. If you like them though, sure, do it! And maybe let gender depend on the challenge in question.

(I do love playing a legacy by the way, just not the challenge part)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    Yep - I am also in the "No" camp. If you wanted to do a legacy, you'd know. If you are asking, it isn't something you're sold on.

I am doing a soft legacy - that is, no rules, just generational play, no official heirs, just making stories around offspring as they grow up.

It is essentially a sandbox, with a shared past and family tree.

Play what you like! Play HOW you like. If you want rules, give yourself rules.

But only you know what you enjoy.
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    No
    I totally see eye to eye with Sindocat and JoAnne65.
  • Options
    IckleP09IckleP09 Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes- female founder
    I've tried to start challenges a few times, different ones too, just never really got into it. I think it's being told how to play that deflates me.
  • Options
    Commenting on this because I've decided to attempt the Legacy Challenge- have 10 generations in one family- with the Rags to Riches Challenge. The latter I've only attempted in Sims 4. Wish me luck!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • Options
    Yes- female founder
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Commenting on this because I've decided to attempt the Legacy Challenge- have 10 generations in one family- with the Rags to Riches Challenge. The latter I've only attempted in Sims 4. Wish me luck!

Good luck and show us how things progress.
  • Options
    silverwood02silverwood02 Posts: 73 Member
    What's a legacy challenge please?
    Keith
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Keith

@silverwood02, I'm going to give you a link to a thread with different types of legacies/challenges that other players have created. You can take a look at them and see what legacies are all about... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/362585/complete-legacy-challenge-list/p1

Hope this helps... :)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Yes- female founder
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Keith

@silverwood02, I'm going to give you a link to a thread with different types of legacies/challenges that other players have created. You can take a look at them and see what legacies are all about... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/362585/complete-legacy-challenge-list/p1

Hope this helps... :)

That link to the rules for the challenge no longer works (at least for me). Here is an alternate link.
    Post edited by cwaddell on
  • Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Why do you even need to have a poll? You either do or you don't.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes- female founder
    HillyBeth wrote: »

Good luck! I know it might take getting used to having to care for several sims at the same time, but let us know if you need tips on how to do that! Have fun and post pics!
  • Options
    silverwood02silverwood02 Posts: 73 Member
    Ok thanks. The links were a bit hap hazard, but I get the picture now! I didn't realise I have been doing legacy challenges without knowing it!
    Good to see you can try other challenges as well.
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    No
    The legacy challenge requires a computer with a lot of RAM (at least 4g) and a dedicated graphics card. After about four generations, your town is going to get overrun so make sure you also have some NRAAS mods, like ErrorTrap and OverWatch, which will help clear out your game. Also Master Controller (will allow you to reset the town) and DebugEnabler are also helpful when you do this challenge, simply because your save file will be so large.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Chimark wrote: »
    The legacy challenge requires a computer with a lot of RAM (at least 4g) and a dedicated graphics card. After about four generations, your town is going to get overrun so make sure you also have some NRAAS mods, like ErrorTrap and OverWatch, which will help clear out your game. Also Master Controller (will allow you to reset the town) and DebugEnabler are also helpful when you do this challenge, simply because your save file will be so large.

ErrorTrap causes the same three sims in any world I choose to play in to be script-errored. I deleted that mod.

@AllWhoVoted - I started with a female founder, who is in the culinary career, and she married a sim I made, but in a seperate household, His name is Dominic Parish and they have one son. Both parents have the Surrounded By Family aspiration, but with 16 days until they become adults- playing on normal lifespan- Kristen would be missing a lot of work for each pregnancy, so Blake may be their only child, which I'm okay with.

Edit: I just realized that, except the female's eye color(and the fact that their hair colors are switched around), I made my couple in sims 4 look like them! Dominic has red hair and green eyes while Kristen has brown hair and brown(or hazel?) eyes.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays