Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please continue putting spoilers in your post title for strangerville

For those of us who do not get time to play much.Thank you! Sometimes I or other people only have one or two hours to play the game. It might be a month or two even maybe a year to solve strangerville. Only because this pack is different. So I thank you once again.
04-04-15_8-27nbspPM.png

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited March 2019

I really don't see how the trailer gave the entire plot away. I'm sorry.
    The only thing I can see from the trailers is the start of the story. Before the first lab door is open. I really didn't see the source of infection or how to make vaccines. We should let people to take their time with that story even when you have completed it and use spoiler tags to hide the important story parts.

Edited to add spoiler tags and to remove quoted post that was removed. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited February 2019
    EgonVM wrote: »
    A year to solve a 3 hour story? lol the trailer gave the entire plot away. There is literally no mystery involved at this point. Some people are so over the top.
    I really don't see how the trailer gave the entire plot away. I'm sorry.
    The only thing I can see from the trailers is the start of the story. Before the first lab door is open. I really didn't see the source of infection or how to make vaccines. We should let people to take their time with that story even when you have completed it and use spoiler tags to hide the important story parts.

Oh I didn’t buy it, and it’s pretty apparent what the whole thing is about.
    Sure they didn’t give away making vaccines but that’s not a plot point. They did give away the source of the infections, the weird plants growing around town and the ‘mother’ which you encounter at the end of the story. This is all info from their (EA) promotional materials. I haven’t checked anything else out because I don’t think the pack looks good at all.

~Edited to add spoiler tags, please respect others enjoyment of the game. ~Rtas
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @drake_mccarty
    Seriously you are here in a thread of a simmer trying to enjoy themselves and asking for less spoilers and yet you are posting some right in the body of their thread? And making fun of them? You didn't buy it and didn't enjoy it so let's spoil it for those that want too?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    As I already said @Hermitgirl that’s all info from EA’s own trailer for this pack. It’s not spoiling anything at all, and if it is then you can blame the source of that information - EA for putting that info in their promotional trailer. I’m not making fun of anyone, but you can’t spoil something that isn’t a secret so I stand by my original statement that some people are being over the top.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Alright folks I've added spoiler tags for the obvious spoilers posted in the thread, regardless of it was in a trailer or not, not everyone watches the trailers or views all the information made available so they can get a fresh chance in the game. Please respect their enjoyment and hold off on the spoilers please.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited March 2019

Some of us DID NOT WATCH the trailer. Personally, I watched it halfway through, realized it had spoilers, and quit. I'm maybe halfway through playing the mystery. I started roughly at launch but have other things I have to do in life. Not sure when I'll get to finish it at the moment. I'm sure there are huge numbers of Simmers who won't buy till they're done midterms or exams or have a holiday break or receive it as a gift or find the cash or a sale. They deserve some consideration.

Edited to remove quote of removed post ~Rtas
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Social media is not a great place to go when looking to stay away from spoilers.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Honestly its be best to just avoid ANY strangerville threads in general is you're worried about spoilers. I didn't bother looking at any let's plays or anything else til I got through most of the story done. Sake with some of the threads here. Just for my own sake.

Brings up a good question to WHEN players won't have to use the spoiler tags. :# I'm making sure to remember to use them.

I can understand not wanting too much spoilers and wanting to discover things on your own. Though I think in a year or couple of months(probably less) people probably won't have do use the spoiler tag?
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2019
    mrln1975 wrote: »
    For those of us who do not get time to play much.Thank you! Sometimes I or other people only have one or two hours to play the game. It might be a month or two even maybe a year to solve strangerville. Only because this pack is different. So I thank you once again.

It is on you to purposely avoid all 'strangerville' threads then for the year (as you put it) it may take you. Personally I have only seen the first trailer, and I am able to guess the linear story without spoilers, and I hate "story-based" material being put in my sandbox style game. I could pretty much tell you the vague plot without even playing it.