Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least Favorite Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa Day. T_T I really feel like that game pack should have been a stuff pack. >.<
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood

I use the BB a lot but I don't play families so a lot of the pack isn't used in my game.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Dine Out
    Dine Out, for several reasons.

- Ownable restaurants feel like something that could and should have been included in Get To Work. Just like MFP (although not quite as bad), Dine Out gives me unpleasant "DLC for a DLC" vibes.
    - Speaking of owning restaurants, I've never actually tried that myself, but based on the reports of players who have done it, it's one of the most uninteresting experiences in the entire game.
    - The first few times I sent my sims to eat at a restaurant, they never got served and had to leave again with most of their needs in the red. Quite a nasty bug for a pack that was already out for a year at the time, and it certainly didn't leave a good first impression on me.
    - The CAS and BB items are barely usable for sims that aren't waiters and buildings that aren't restaurants.

People complain about StrangerVille not offering enough content, even though it comes with a mystery to solve, a new trait and aspiration, a new home world bigger than anything we've seen in a GP before, and a new semi-active career, whereas Dine Out only came with... restaurants. That being said, I'm glad we have restaurants in the game, and I do use them, mostly for dates, but the GP as a whole feels like a glorified SP that doesn't offer nearly as much content as other packs of its kind.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Dine Out
    I went with Dine Out because although I use it, it has bugs, eating at a restaurent takes forever, and I don't get why sims can own restaurants but not work there. They could have made Chef an active career.
  • Options
    SimptuousSimptuous Posts: 82 Member
    Vampires
    Vampire pack is my least favourite. I only have it because it came with the bundle. I've never played with the world and probably never will.
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    edited March 2019
    Dine Out
    Definitely Dine Out and all its bugs.

Eating out at a restaurant turns into an all day thing. Especially if it's a group outing.
    The first time I played Dine Out I took my sim out on a dinner date and she didn't leave until the sun was up and out.
    Then there's the whole issue of never getting the food you order in the first place. Its just been an overall frustrating experience for me.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2019
    StrangerVille
    Unlike Expansion Packs, Game Packs have been in my oppinion consistently good. I love most of them and use their gameplay and objects very often.
    The only 2 GP that are not like the rest for me are: Vampires and StrangerVille.
    I really like how vampires were designed, they are a lot more fleshed out than ever before and it is fun to play them. BB and CAS are also great, however I rarely actually use it since I rarely play with supernaturals but I appreciate it as a quality pack.
    I had to pick StrangerVille because to me the replayability is non-existent and as much as I find the town very pretty, it is overall not on the same level as the other GPs are content wise. I am also not a fan of linear stories that are just checklists to follow being part of the game.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    My least favorite is Jungle Adventure. That's not to say it's bad it's just not my thing. I hated world adventures, for more reasons then one, but the overall theme didn't interest me and jungle adventure having the same theme leaves little to be desired. At least with jungle adventure I get cas items and build items I actual like.
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I picked outdoor retreat. Its not a bad pack or anything I just feel the newer gps are more enjoyable. And I rarely send my sims on vacation. If I do camp its usually on the home lot. And its not very often.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Vampires
    I’m not a huge occult person so that’s why I chose Vampires. I also don’t use any of the stuff in the pack PLUS what’s his face is hella annoying showing up at my Sims houses.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    Parenthood
    I love them all but parenthood causes kids to make a mess everywhere.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Spa Day
    Spa Day. I am not a fan of modern furniture so I hardly use any of the stuff from this one, don't really have many sims who work with Wellness and usually end up forgetting to even place a Spa in my game and if I do I almost never send sims there so yeah over all kind of a miss for me.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited March 2019
    Vampires
    Spa Day and Dine Out are my favorites. I love simulation and my playstyle is watching Sims doing things on their own instead of controlling them. These two packs offer great venue simulation and thus have the best gameplay for me. Spa Day edges out Dine Out as my favorite since Dine Out at its current state is rather buggy.

Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, and StrangerVille all come with relatively large worlds (2-3 neighborhoods). I enjoy a change of scenery and these packs just give me that.

My least favorite comes down to either Parenthood or Vampires. In the end, Parenthood’s gameplay is better integrated in the game so I do use it from time to time. Vampires really requires me go out of my way to actively play its features.

My final ranking from the best to the worst:

1. Spa Day
    2. Dine Out
    3. StrangerVille
    4. Jungle Adventure
    5. Outdoor Retreat
    6. Parenthood
    7. Vampires
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I'm a fan of all the choices but I'd say I use Outdoor Retreat a lot less than the others.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2019
    Vampires
    I love most of the packs, especially Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Spa day and Strangerville. I love how many lots we get in Strangerville.... that alone makes it totally worth it for me, and I think the story is cute, and, love the feel of the town. Vampires I don’t really play much, but I thought they did a good job with the pack ( magic and witches will be more the supernaturals that I will enjoy). I do like the new plants and world from Vampires. It is the perfect place for the Goths to live. It takes so long to eat in Dine out that I rarely use it, though I do have several restaurants. I love outdoor retreat. I have always loved the mountains. It is a cute vacation pack. The tents and coolers are great to use. And the herbalism skill is a nice addition too. My Sciencey children love collecting bugs. I still haven’t found all of the bugs! And I love the rocks and tree furniture. So far OR is my favorite. Vampires is my least favorite.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Dine Out
    Probably an unfair choice, since I don't own it, but it doesn't appeal to me in the least. I'd love to have the BB items in Vampires, so I'm always tempted by that one, and I own the others and don't regret any of them.

It takes long enough to feed my Sims at home, and as for running a restaurant, I spent enough time in my starving student days working in restaurants to have no need to play a simulation.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Dine Out
    I pretty much love all the game packs, but the one I have to go with is Dine Out. It’s the one I’ve played the least overall, and I just inherently disagree with some of the choices like only being able to hire non-playable/not in world sims.
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    Vampires
    I didn’t buy Vampires, but chose this as my least favorite because I don’t like vampires (which, of course, is why I didn’t buy it). I’ve seen a few nice build objects from the pack while watching speed build videos, but I wouldn’t buy the pack just for those objects.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Vampires
    To rank them all from fav (1) to least (7) I'd say.

1. Parenthood
    2. Jungle Adventure
    3. StrangerVille
    4. Dine Out
    5. Outdoor Retreat
    6. Spa Day
    7. Vampires (the only one I don't have and don't want at all)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Parenthood
    Parenthood is the one that finally made me break down & start using mods. So tired of the kids trashing all the lots.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Outdoor retreat is my least favorite, as I don't like the camping theme nor much of the CAS and build buy stuff. I use it the least of any of the packs.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    jungle adventure
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2019
    Spa Day
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    My least fav is spa day why? Because it could’ve been a stuff pack. The only gameplay is going to a spa. Even strangerville has more gameplay features and it’s a story pack. After I completed the story in strangerville I still used all the game play stuff to play. Now that my sims can blackmail there ex’s I think that’s great. Even dine out had more you can own or go to restaurants.

Right, it should have been a stuff pack; there's very little gameplay included to justify making it a game pack. The only reason I got it was because there was a sale and a build that I really, really, really wanted required a bunch of stuff from the pack. So, basically, I just bought the pack for a house that was in the gallery because I was too lazy to try and replace everything. Clearly, I lost my mind that day, but yeah... I just bought it for the stuff, which I hardly ever use.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Spa Day
    People are saying Spa Day feels like a stuff pack, and honestly?? They're absolutely right. I keep forgetting it's supposed to be a game pack. I've barely used the actual spas. I've never been particularly interested in them. Never used the wellness skill either. Glad I got it in a bundle.

I also see some people loudly hating on vampires, so I'm honestly just gonna counter it: I LOVE VAMPIRES, IT'S MY FAVORITE PACK. And all of my friends do too. We absolutely need more occult gamepacks like this.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr