Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least Favorite Game Pack?

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    StrangerVille
    I really like them all for various reasons, but I picked Spa Day just because...it's probably my least loved, even though I love so much that came with it and use it all the time. It's probably done the least to shape the character of my sims and saves in general.

Still the king: Vampires.

However, if the goal with this poll is just to see how many people dislike StrangerVille, you could have just asked that. :D

I could also say I hate the Vampires pack. The only things I use in it are the build/buy objects. The CAS, vampires, and world are worthless to my game. I even mod the game to prevent vampires from spawning.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited February 2019
    Outdoor Retreat
    I love them all, but the gardening system from Seasons was not good for OR.

This is my main issue with it. Before, camping was just on the boring side, but at least there was another purpose for going.
    OR plummeted for me after this change.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires and Strangerville.

Vampires because they're annoying af and Strangerville for having a boring, repetitive story that can be beaten in like 3 hours.
  • HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    Vampires
    [quote="Zeldaboy180;c-16975574"][quote="HannaEB;c-16975494"]Given that Strangerville has only been out for less than 24 hours, I think it's a little early for me to pass judgment on it. I picked Vampires because I hardly use anything from it.

I don't use the world, the cas items or the build/buy catalog other than the rugs, the kitchen counters, and on rare occasions, the tub. I can at least see my sims living in Strangerville, and the cas items and build/buy stuff are right up my alley.[/quote]

I beat the story in 2-3 hours, and that was me also focusing on the military career and being generous. You could easily beat the story in an hour. That's pretty fair to do a review.[/quote]

I said it was too early for "me" to judge since Strangerville was the frontrunner. For others, the non-repeatability of the story could be a dealbreaker regardless of the other things the pack offers. It is a game pack, after all, and the gameplay aspect of the pack, while intriguing, is admittedly limited.
  • HannaEBHannaEB Posts: 37 Member
    Vampires
    [quote="NorthDakotaGamer;c-16975519"][quote="HannaEB;c-16975494"]Given that Strangerville has only been out for less than 24 hours, I think it's a little early for me to pass judgment on it. I picked Vampires because I hardly use anything from it.

I don't use the world, the cas items or the build/buy catalog other than the rugs, the kitchen counters, and on rare occasions, the tub. I can at least see my sims living in Strangerville, and the cas items and build/buy stuff are right up my alley.[/quote]

Not really too early. My reason for disliking it is based on the main draw of the pack being it story-mode driven. That to me makes it terrible.[/quote]

I didn't say it was too early for everybody to judge, only that it was too early for me. And if this isn't your jam, it's not your jam. Like me with vampires, which should really have been up my alley.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    edited February 2019
    Dine Out
    Ya know, I had to pick one, so I picked the one that now is glitching out for me. I truly love all the packs, in fact, I'd rather they ditch the eps and just put out gps. I love OR because of the herbalism, mostly just making insect repellent for when sims go to GF to fish, hike, paint. Spa Day was a great one too, love the vampires, best in the series imo.

I have just moved in my military sim and he's not anywhere near to even starting his job yet. He has 2 pieces of evidence so far...very excited to play this pack. Kinda of reminds me of WA in Sims 3, my most favorite of the series. I played WA over and over, it never got tiresome for me. The same with Strangerville. It's funny, I never played Strangetown in Sims 2, but love this desert theme.

Edit to say to those who play the scenerio in 1-2 hours...do you guys beat your sims with whip and chair to get them to do all this? :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I like all of them, but I really don’t like camping IRL and don’t send my Sims there often.
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    StrangerVille
    Strangerville hands down. I will never buy it.
    Spa day and vampires are my favs, but I love most of them.

Outdoor retreat gave us valuable interactions like sitting around fires, roasting marshmallows, tents, and cool traits that extend to collecting things in the world.

Spa day, if you use your imagination, gave us new careers like yoga teacher and massage therapist, gave us incense that changes mood, meditation. I find most all of the GP valuable additions besides strangerville.

Yes, I would have loved to have laptops and military career, but the laptops dont even look well made and function just like a regular computer that needs a desk, and the military career alone is just not enough. I love new worlds, but not a fan of desert worlds. Usually dont use them.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    StrangerVille
    I have to vote for Strangerville simply because of (a) the lack of content and (b) because once again they have ramped the price up once more , The price is virtually double the price the earleir game packs were and so little content , finally the story is way way too short
  • AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Parenthood
    Sometimes I really hate the fact that I’m a completist. Parenthood made raising children an unbearable burden for me. Now when I have to get some children in my game I just switch to another child-free household and let them grow up themselves and cheat the character values later on.
    You’d think I’d be smarter this time with seasons? Nope.
    I miss those sunny, sunny days in the Sims.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Vampires
    I chose Vampires - out of all of the game packs that I have (I don't have Strangerville yet but am looking forward to it, although some people seem weirdly hostile to it without having played it - but I suppose I can't fault them, I'll never buy Laundry Day because it's too boring) - it's the one that I use the least. I got it on sale, and while I've occasionally played with vampires, I'm not as much of a supernatural fan and I prefer the way they did it with Sims 2, where a different supernatural came with each pack. I do like some of the gothic architecture, but still I usually just delete the vampires when I start up a new save.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    Spa Day
    Objectively, Spa Day is the worst IMO unless you're super into wellness. It doesn't add a new world and one probably doesn't visit the spa that often.
    I do appreachiate the sauna that came with it.

With the others you either get a new world or a really advanced system (like Dine Out)
    a256aFi.gif
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    edited February 2019
    Vampires
    I like all the game packs to some degree, but since this is least favorite, it's Vampires. They are well done, I just find them boring to play. The addition of terribly dressed townies walking by all night is the best feature. That said I got the pack half off at halloween and dont think it was a waste at all.
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I’m a little shocked with the results. I really enjoy strangerville. I finished the story in about 5 hours. It was a bit short but I really liked it and will definitely do it again. I missed a few things the first time. The world to me is the best part, it’s beautiful, the tones of the sand are so nice, the lots are very pretty, and the city itself reminds me of sims 3. The military career is also fun. I’m enjoying my trailer in the trailer park while in the military career. My only complaints: they could have done more to the military career and there should be an option to turn off the strangeness without beating it. It kind of looks like SOME of the people who voted haven’t even tried the pack though. I get it, but some people I see are being a bit harsh for not playing it.

Outdoor retreat for me is my least favorite. I just use it the least.
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited February 2019
    Spa Day
    Spa Day. It's just a big 20$ stuff pack. I also easily tend to forget that it even exists in my game. The sauna is something that I use a lot, but that's it.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Parenthood
    I don't own strangerville and I will not own it until someone makes a mod to remove the story, last thing I want is to have to redo it every new save I start, I like the world though. Of the packs I own my least favourite is parenthood.. I absolutely hate the childhood phases.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited February 2019
    StrangerVille
    The Sims (main series) wasn’t meant for the developers to dictate the exact size of our worlds, their exact appearance, and their exact story from start to finish.

There have been plenty of people who said, “Will Wright would hate this, that, etc,” but a scripted story solved exactly the one, linear way the developers intend you to does not seem like something Will Wright would be proud of whatsoever.

It’s interesting that games like Pokémon, which have existed for more than 20 years now, keep their formula, but improve. The Sims 4 scrapped the formula of the game, and only strays further away from it with these story packs, which I hope never return. If the developers are out of ideas, they should start by redesigning the game as a true life simulation game, as it once was.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Parenthood
    I picked the GP that I didn't buy. I rarely play with children or toddlers.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Vampires
    I haven't played Strangerville yet, but I honestly LOVE that theme, so I think I'm going to enjoy it. Vampires to me was not something I really even considered buying until it was on sale for Halloween and I got that plus the Spooky Stuff Pack for like $15 or $20. I don't really enjoy the vampire gameplay because I'm not much of a supernatural player (talking vamps, werewolves, witches, etc.). I love the decor and CAS items, but those could have been in Spooky Stuff and I would have enjoyed it just as much lol.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Definitely OR, no question. I've gotten the most use out of Dine Out, Parenthood & Spa Day overall but I like all the GPs. Even OR, just a lot less :joy:
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Vampires
    This is the one gamepack I don’t have. I don’t like vampires.
  • NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    StrangerVille
    By far StrangerVille. It's not only lacking in content in every possible way, but the fact they decided to focus so much on a LINEAR story instead of sandbox elements it's terrible for the future of the franchise. It's honestly along with My First Pet and Katy Perry Sweet Treats something that should've never been done.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited February 2019
    StrangerVille
    Vote for your LEAST favorite game Pack.

Shocked at Strangerville being the most disliked (at the time of this post). I would have though it would be one of the most liked! I voted vampires, I like them all but if I had to choose its the vamps pack. I havn't played strangerville yet as its not out on console. :smiley:

Edit to add: Even several game changers were disappointed by it, not to mention several game changers were upset with them literally copying and pasting a base game house into a pack they are paying $20 for.....when there are only a few lots, thats a REALLY big deal......If you go to many other sites other than a site that mostly people with love for the game frequent, you will see that many didn't like this pack. It can be completed in roughly 1 hour and 15 min and it has 0 replayability. So you are paying $20 for gameplay you cannot reuse.....its also not much of a mystery either which was really misleading. Its also not a surprise when several of the official surveys made by the gurus had farming (with horses and crops) and occults winning by a landslide for most wanted gamepack. Grant pitched this idea (the strangerville type pack) 2 years ago and so many people spoke out saying they weren't interested, yet he still proceeded with the pack. I know why he did this, but its still annoying. He more than likely did it because he is saving the more wanted packs towards the end of Sims 4's life cycle. If they release all the most wanted packs now, people will be less likely to buy the packs they are unsure of.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Parenthood
    Well my favorite pack is Strangerville now. I family play least of all so Parenthood would be the one I wouldn't buy if I had to chose one. However I don't have to chose and enjoy them all. Wow did all these people who voted Strangerville as least favorite buy it? That's amazing.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    StrangerVille
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Well my favorite pack is Strangerville now. I family play least of all so Parenthood would be the one I wouldn't buy if I had to chose one. However I don't have to chose and enjoy them all. Wow did all these people who voted Strangerville as least favorite buy it? That's amazing.

I did. I dont hate it at all, but i will rarely use it outside the world since i already beat it.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png