Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Least Favorite Game Pack?

Comments

• Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    edited March 2019
    StrangerVille
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I'm still playing Sims 3 at the moment. I used to be excited about Sims 4 when it came out, but the hype eventually wore off. The fourth iteration is a step backwards compared to Sims 2 and 3.

giphy.gif

Preach sista!
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    I mean I still haven't found a point or purpose of Outdoor retreat.

The "vacation" world is boring. There is absolutely nothing to do. It doesn't come with anything worthwhile, at all. The whole vacation system is just like in Sims 1: a waste of time and money ("Pay money - travel - be bored because nothing to do, or do the exact same things as at home but more limited because vacation world and you can't leave it - Go home").
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    edited March 2019
    Jungle Adventure
    So...I only own Parenthood, Vampires, and Dine Out and really enjoy all three. Though, if I had to pick at least favorite based on what I own, I would definitely pick Dine Out. It is the only one of the three that I have had any problems with.
    I voted for Jungle Adventure even though I dont own it because it interests me the least by far. It's a pack that seems fun...until you spend a few hours playing it and there is nothing left to do. I have watched other Simmers play it on YouTube and that is what I have concluded. It doesnt really seem to had much to the game except for one or two family vacations before you have discovered everything that there is to see.
    Post edited by MaiaPlaysSims on
  • Options
    TropicanaCatTropicanaCat Posts: 93 Member
    Spa Day
    I picked Spa Day, it's just the one I use the least. I rarely have my Sims go to the spa. I have to say, I'm a bit surprised so many voted for Outdoor Retreat, it's one of my faves.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Vampires
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I never got this pack. Strangerville seems linear and uninteresting. While some popular Simmers on Youtube got excited about it, I feel the opposite. Another pack I didn't like is the Vampires game pack. I didn't buy it because I rarely ever played with vampires in Sims 3. I'm still playing Sims 3 at the moment. I used to be excited about Sims 4 when it came out, but the hype eventually wore off. The fourth iteration is a step backwards compared to Sims 2 and 3.

Excellent. Play what makes you happy. :)
  • Options
    Jungle Adventure
    It's very interesting to me how Vampires is pretty high on this list, #3 at the moment. Yet whenever I make my favorite gamepack polls, Vampires is consistently number 1 or 2. So it seems like a love it or hate it pack.

I think it just has to do with how you play the game. If you like playing "normally" then you hate Vampires. If you like taking your game away from reality and spicing things up then you love Vampires. It's a great pack. It just depends on the play style of the individual. It doesn't matter how great it is though. If someone hates playing with occults, then they will hate it no matter how well together it has been made.
    I personally love it.
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Jungle Adventure
    I find myself using a lot of the Buy mode/CAS stuff that came with this pack. However, I never go to the destination world. I did this one time and I got bored. I don't care for destination worlds I think the vacation aspect is odd, I want to be able to live there or just visit without my sims having to pay extra to be there.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    StrangerVille
    I won't get StrangerVille because I think zombies are creepy.
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    Dine Out
    I like all the game packs ESPECIALLY STRANGERVILLE and the story driven idea added to the series - in my view a great direction for a game pack to go.

- I do think Dine Out could use an overhaul but it's the only restaurant in town, so I am definitely glad we have it - but it could take some revising - like letting owners hire ANYBODY they wanted including theirselves as staff including being the Chef.

The customers eating could take some polishing - maybe devs should go see how Sims 2 did it - that was perfection when it came to the diners. Getting engaged - sharing food bites - nice smooth (usually) patrons eating their meal, etc - ordering their meals went smoother etc - etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    Parenthood
    I had to pick Parenthood only because many of the character traits are too easy or too hard to obtain. I get the responsible and manners one all the time, but can't seem to get Empathy, Emotional Control, or Conflict Resolution to max, even though I use all the objects and interactions related...just doesn't seem like enough time when the game is set to normal life span.

I do love this pack though, and don't regret buying it.

Real quick, what I liked about each of the Game Packs:

Outdoor Retreat:
    I use it as a vacation spot with skill building items on the lots.

Dine Out: I use this at least once a sim week; Dinner dates and Outings are my favorite to have. Want to start a sim-owned restaurant soon.

Vampires:
    I love the Skill Level Chart and Vamp Lore skill. It is easier to feed than in Sims 3. Vamps don't bother normal sims. Pipe Organ!

Parenthood: The science projects, setting a curfew, and punishing/praising minors are my top three favorite features.

Jungle Adventure: Another destination vacation spot w/luxury suites. Love the Latin music stations and Salvadorian Culture skill.

StrangerVille: Always a sucker for a new neighborhood, military career, build items, and it was unique...but I don't want any more story line packs like this (even though it was fun).
  • Options
    TheSimlifeeTheSimlifee Posts: 6 New Member
    StrangerVille
    I don't have strangerville but it really seems like an overrated pack to be honest. I don't see how it's a great pack, however, it does seem to have quite some useful items to make an extremely low income household. Would still like to try it out though and give it a chance.
  • Options
    Jungle Adventure
    I had to pick Parenthood only because many of the character traits are too easy or too hard to obtain. I get the responsible and manners one all the time, but can't seem to get Empathy, Emotional Control, or Conflict Resolution to max, even though I use all the objects and interactions related...just doesn't seem like enough time when the game is set to normal life span.

Really? I get Manners and Emotional Control the easiest, usually without trying. I do play on longlifespan though.

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2019
    Outdoor Retreat
    musteni wrote: »
    I like them all so not sure what to vote. Maybe Spa Day becuase I don't care about the theme. Still not a bad pack though.

I voted Outdoor Retreat not because I hate it, but because I use it the least -- now that we have the laptops plus the sketchpads I'll be sending my writers and artists for retreats a lot more, along with my gardening Sims and the occasional fisherfolk.

With Strangerville at least after the mystery is solved you get a livable world with 11 useable lots (that's about he same number as we got with Get Famous), a new career, and plenty of new objects. I can see incorporating the bugs in with my future criminals, and I've already remodeled one gym to include the sparring dummies.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    I chose Vampires. I personally have never really played them or loved them from the First Sims. However, I do love Making Magic and Supernatural for the other aspects of fantasy story telling.
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • Options
    UltraviolentFawnUltraviolentFawn Posts: 34 Member
    Spa Day
    > @TropicanaCat said:
    > I picked Spa Day, it's just the one I use the least. I rarely have my Sims go to the spa. I have to say, I'm a bit surprised so many voted for Outdoor Retreat, it's one of my faves.

Me too. I kinda wished I hadn't bought spa day. :L
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Spa Day

I do love this pack though, and don't regret buying it.

I must agree with your critique about Parenthood. Some of the negative traits are really really grindy to get and I need to get out of my way to have them. I basically like what the pack does, expanding personalities and adding to family life, but some of the execution really saddens me.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Dine Out
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    My least fav is spa day why? Because it could’ve been a stuff pack. The only gameplay is going to a spa. Even strangerville has more gameplay features and it’s a story pack. After I completed the story in strangerville I still used all the game play stuff to play. Now that my sims can blackmail there ex’s I think that’s great. Even dine out had more you can own or go to restaurants.

If you get to level 7 in wellness, you can teleport, which is extremely useful when your Sim needs to get from one end of the neighbourhood to the other. I haven't played the story in Strangerville yet, but I expect that teleporting would be useful. I've used it a lot with JA - much quicker than having your Sim walk to the next door, and any time I've got my Sim out searching for collectibles, I can use my camera to find dig spots and then teleport my Sim there. (Also helpful for catching insects in Granite Falls.)

I also love the yoga - the animations are wonderful, and it works much better for off-the-grid storylines than the treadmill for keeping your Sims fit. You can also get your Sim ready for the day by choosing a 'focusing' or 'creative' workout.

Not to mention the superfood salad - it's all my Sims eat. It's one of the few dishes that doesn't overfeed them (even toddlers - I keep it in the baker's case, and they can just grab a plate and sit on their little animal chairs to eat).

I actually haven't even tried the sauna or massage table, and only used the hand and foot massager once. I bought it for the yoga, and it's second to Parenthood in terms of its usefulness.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    DESERTFLOWER1981DESERTFLOWER1981 Posts: 90 Member
    @invisiblgirl Yes, Spa day was really good for me, not so much for the spa, but the whole wellness idea, the yoga was done really well. I have one sim in my legacy at all times that maxes out wellness for the superfood salad for the family.
    I am writing a story, want to read it?
    Visit my blog here
    Visit the latest update for the discussion here
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Vampires
    I have got the Strangerville pack, but I haven't started the story because I know I'll finish it quickly. I just loved the CAS items and I'm always happy for a new world and career. Anyway. my least favourite pack is Vampires. I only wanted the Victorian build items. I'm not an occult fan of any kind, I'm only a history buff.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    StrangerVille
    I wish I could change my vote! I admit I voted for Strangerville as my least favorite pack before I even played it. Now that I own it, the charm keeps growing on me. There is something great about the town's ambience and I laugh so hard every time I look at possessed sims. It also has the BEST premades to come to Sims 4! My new vote would be that SPA DAY is my least favorite pack. I think it would have more value if you could also run a spa.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Parenthood
    alan650111 wrote: »
    I wish I could change my vote! I admit I voted for Strangerville as my least favorite pack before I even played it. Now that I own it, the charm keeps growing on me. There is something great about the town's ambience and I laugh so hard every time I look at possessed sims. It also has the BEST premades to come to Sims 4! My new vote would be that SPA DAY is my least favorite pack. I think it would have more value if you could also run a spa.

I wonder how many voted for it without actually playing it.....
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    edited March 2019
    StrangerVille
    fullspiral wrote: »

Probably the same amount of people that voted for Vampires without actually playing it. Sometimes if you dislike the concept/idea/theme of something, you know you'll likely dislike the execution as well. But sometimes you may be pleasantly surprised.

I didn't like Superstar back in the day because I wasn't interested in celebrities or anything like that (I was 10 when it was released), but I played it many years later and I actually enjoyed quite a bit, probably more than other fame EPs like Late Night/Showtime and Get Famous. Though I'll never be the biggest fan of those types of packs.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Dine Out
    Naus wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Probably the same amount of people that voted for Vampires without actually playing it. Sometimes if you dislike the concept/idea/theme of something, you know you'll likely dislike the execution as well. But sometimes you may be pleasantly surprised.

I didn't like Superstar back in the day because I wasn't interested in celebrities or anything like that (I was 10 when it was released), but I played it many years later and I actually enjoyed quite a bit, probably more than other fame EPs like Late Night/Showtime and Get Famous. Though I'll never be the biggest fan of those types of packs.

I think I'm safe picking 'Dine Out' - I've never been remotely interested in having my Sims waste time at restaurants, much less running one.

I didn't buy JA last year because I didn't like the idea of killer bees, poisonous spiders or possible death in the temples. (I only tried the pyramids once or twice in World Adventures and got frustrated.) I finally got it on sale at New Year's - I figured I'd enjoy the new BB items, and didn't have to visit Selvadora if I didn't want to.

Well, the BB items are lovely, and then my Sim had to go to Selvadora to complete the perfect plant collection. Sadly, I learnt that she would have to find the temple to get emotion berries. So, I sent her to the market, and remembering WA, I had her talk to the locals to see if she could learn something new. Well, she did. Long story short, she already had maxed archeology skill and armed with various repellents, exploring the jungle is a snap. It's ruining my enjoyment of Strangerville because I'm obsessed with getting all the JA collectibles.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited March 2019
    Vampires
    Vampires. I still really enjoy the pack, I just don't play vampires often and mainly use it for the CAS and Build/Buy items.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    StrangerVille
    Strangerville for sure.

This is the first game pack I did not buy right away.