Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Feel like I already know the answer but i might be surprised) Which gender do you prefer creating?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    haloujahalouja Posts: 175 Member
    When I'm starting a new game, I always start by creating a single male, as in my head he can still have children when he gets old, when a female can't; not sure if this is strictly true in The Sims but that's my logic, anyway! :)
    This signature has encountered a problem and will now close; do you want to send an error message?

25Aug2014
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Male
    I make myself, of course, but if I specifically find myself in CAS creating my own sim, it is usually Male because I'm trying to make a hottie for my own sim. For the most part I let all other sims come from people having children.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Male
    Both. But boys more than girls. For some strange reason I upload more of the girls to the gallery though?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    BunnycatmumBunnycatmum Posts: 40 Member
    I mostly make females as there's better CAS and CC items for them.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Female
    I like making both but tend to make more female sims on average.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Male
    I make more male sims, especially as the main character. I do play both but I'd say 70% of the time at least.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Female
    I do make both and enjoy both, but I'll admit I prefer dressing female sims up, and if I'm creating a single sim, I almost always make it a woman.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,364 Member
    Male
    Over the course of all the different saved games/storylines I've played in both sims 3 and 4 I have created and played with far more male sims than female sims. Not sure why, other than I just gravitated that way.

However, I love that in sims 4 I can remove the filters in CAS and use feminine hair and clothing on my males and masculine hair and clothing on my females. I'm able to create more characters that I get really excited about playing using this option, so now I have a more even distribution of males and females in my newer games.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Female
    I really enjoy creating both but female sims are a lot more versatile because the options in CAS are wider so it's easier for me to create them.
    There are less items for male sims and to make it worse, I dislike like at least a third of it so I always end up using the same items over and over on male sims.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Male
    It's raining men! Hallelujah!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Currently both as I like to start my families off with a mum and dad and create their children after and even then one or two of each gender, then maybe a female cat and male dog or the reverse. :p I do take longer dressing my adult females though as there is more variety.

I lost my dad when I was 7 though so maybe it's because of that, that I like a cosy family unit. That's the healing part of the Sims.
  • Options
    PandemosPandemos Posts: 18 Member
    Female
    Don't know why but for me creating female sims is way easier. I struggle so hard when I create males, it's driving me crazy xD
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    Female
    I like creating both but I have a bias towards female sims. I'm more inspired by female hairstyles, makeup and female fashion.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    why no both option?
  • Options
    NekoboyGamesNekoboyGames Posts: 37 Member
    Male
    Both. But mostley males.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Both and of all different ages.