Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis, I Love You, But...

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited February 2019
    I don't see how StrangerVille isn't sandbox?

For a start, there are things you can use straight away that have nothing to do with the 'mystery': The military career, laptops, the western-style world ( with 11 lots) and clothes, conspiracy theorist outfits, all the build&buy objects. < That alone seems more useful than the entirety of Spa day.

And secondly, any sim can investigate the StrangerVille goings on, and have any reaction to it that they want. I highly doubt it's going to have point to point objectives in the way 'Life stories' did, with chapters that tell you how your sims feel, it's still the Sims 4. You could use a Military sim, conspiracy theorist, detective, regular Jo, perhaps an Alien that feels responsible for leaking their dangerous plants into the world? Do they want to continue finding out about the mystery? Or do they cower away and deny everything? Yada yada. You're using the tools to tell whatever story you want to. For me, I have a conspiracy theorist sim and am elated to now have the tools to make her story happen, is that not the definition of sandbox?

It's not so different from Jungle Adventures in that there's mysteries to uncover, and any sim can undertake that mission. So I'm confused as to why people are suddenly disappointed, when similar stuff existed, not only in sims 4, but in Sims 3 with world adventures. And if you don't have any sims who would be intrigued by the adventure, you can still use the world and the build/buy as much as you like. Just like Jungle Adventures.

From the top of my head, I can think of plenty of sims that now have story-opportunities opened to them: Aforementioned Detectives, Military families like the sims 2 Grunts, Aliens, Conspiracy theorists, and beyond that, Local parliament/Mayors/Sheriffs keeping things hushed, Religious fanatics, Mad scientists, maybe even an ambitious gardener who wants some of those fruits himself. That's more characters than I could think of for Jungle adventure.

It is sandbox but it is what you have to do to get to the sandbox, It is like you have to lick an tootsie pop to get to the center and then you can off the mystery parts if player just want to play the sandbox portion. If you cannot do that you have no choice in the matter and for that is the point of it, also, there are secondary points.Yes, the difference between WA in Sims 3 is similar but the difference is you did not have partake it from beginning to end and you must with SV that is the difference also WA had replayablity in it where as with SV you really don't. If you want to buy the pack buy the pack and if you don't want it do not buy it or wait for an half off sale which will happen(Which I am getting, while I may be intrigued by the mystery which was solved by the way and the game has not even been played yet I still want the pack but not at the asking price as I feel and it is my feeling it is not worth the full price)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    soko37 wrote: »

I hope it won't be sucessful. The Sims is defenitely the target of EA to experiment the worst things ever... I'm so sad...

So that means you're not getting it. Right? And you no longer want to be considered for the giveaway?

Ewww...I wish I could flag this as inappropriate, but I'm not the flag waving kind of gal. It's probably the grossest thing I've ever seen on the forums.

The poster indicated he/she did not want the game to be successful. Why should I give away a game to someone who is not going to appreciate and wants it to fail.
    The poster is within his rights to say whatever he wants about the game but if you're going to talk the talk, then walk the walk and stop supporting the game.

And you can flag it. Just hit that flag button.

I believe you could still not give him/her your free pack without that comment. The poster took the time to share a concern about the future of the sims. A concern that she/he is not alone in. It is just unsavory to see the power you think giving out free packs affords you.
  • Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Personally i don’t mind that they are trying this. What i don’t really like tho is that imo there isn’t that much content if you exclude the story bc you play the story once it doesn’t change so you’ll probably not play it over and over again. What’s left? A world some bb items a new career. Some people count the laptop as new gameplay i don’t bc it doesn’t really add much. So i’m affraid that after you play the story you forget about the pack very quickly (i hope i’m wrong tho). What i would like them to do is first fix the problems the game has like lack of depth better working traits,emotions,relationships etc and then start experimenting with new stuff. That way the game itself is fun and leaves more space for other things like this. Sadly i don’t really see them changing how traits/emotions work bc. This is my personal opinion tho
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Ok everyone, I'm going to finish this conversation here by closing the thread.

As with any pack, some of you like the theme, some of you don't - but provoking and attacking each other or the devs is completely unnecessary. There's many ways to share your opinions while still respecting everyone and everyone's thoughts.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top