Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Relaxing in the bed?

I must have dreamed it, because I can’t find information on this anywhere. This morning I woke up and was checking the forum for new updates about Strangerville. I saw somewhere, probably on Facebook, that they were bringing back relaxing on the bed. There was even a screenshot of a sim relaxing in a twin bed. But it’s apparent that part was a dream after I fell back asleep, because it’s nowhere 😂

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I literally don't get why "Relax" isn't an option when clicking on a bed. Sims seem to do it autonomously, but you can't select it, which is really bad for storyteller Simmers!
    Capture-1-2.png
    They should add a relax on bed option to the game. Sims 3 also had it and it's already in the game, but not selectable so...
    Capture-3-768x537.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    I miss having bed interactions. Reading, daydreaming, making out, cuddling while sleeping, watching TV...maybe one day our sims can feed their newborn in bed lol
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Haha so it wasn’t a dream, it’s just something Sims do on their own...
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Interaction is hidden i discovered that sims can actually relax in a bed few months ago autonomously before deciding to sleep but it doesnt seem to depend on a traits or something it's totally random and very rare at that.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I've seen my sim do this too autonomously, but the relaxation only lasts for 2 seconds. This needs to be an interactive option for us.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2019
    We used to be able to do this in Sims 3 and it's already in the game, but not selectable, so I don't see why.

People often just relax in their bed and watch TV or read a book or something. They should really patch an relax interaction in for beds.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sims 4 feels like those 1950's TV shows where couples sleep in separate beds and have their own nightstand and lamp. You can't relax on bed, cuddle, make out on bed, or even make out when standing for that matter. Probably DLC! (In a stuff pack no less).
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It happened to me long ago. The relax automatic interaction has been there for a while now. I'm guessing they couldn't integrate it into the multitasking system, which is why we can't initiate it
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AenmondAenmond Posts: 31 Member
    I've seen my sims do this as well. If the animation already exists in the game then we should be available to select the interaction. It's a little unrealistic that a sim can't read a book or just relax on his bed.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Has anyone ever seen the check out hotness interaction. That seemed like a new one to me.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I miss the bed snuggling from TS2
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Huh, I thought that wasn't in the game cause they had problems with the multitask feature. Must be why it isn't selectable

Tbh I find it kinda weird how this was the few options in Sims 3 that you could "multitask" in (Like lying down watching tv or reading a book) and they had trouble implementing it
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    @Vampris - I have been able to multitask a few things; eating, chatting and stuff like that - sometimes it glitches out but most of the time it works pretty well
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    Over a year and half ago I saw it when right before the Sim gets up from sleeping. It only last a few seconds and it's some time between when they awake and decide what emotion to have.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2019
    aws200 wrote: »
    Sims 4 feels like those 1950's TV shows where couples sleep in separate beds and have their own nightstand and lamp. You can't relax on bed, cuddle, make out on bed, or even make out when standing for that matter. Probably DLC! (In a stuff pack no less).

A Stuffpack is too small to add this stuff. A Gamepack or Expansion would be needed. Also I don t see them adding this stuff into an update.

We ve never got any romantic interactions in an update.

If it is added I hope they bring back the vibrating heart shaped bed as a bonus.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Has anyone ever seen the check out hotness interaction. That seemed like a new one to me.

Came with Get To Work.