Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangetown as a destination world

mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
Considering this is a Game Pack and most of them (except Vampires) came with a destination pack, I think that this Strangetownish world will be a destination world that Sims in the military and scientist field can travel to, to investigate and eventually save the residents that are under mind control there. Thats the only way I can see this theme working without impacting the other worlds in game.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out. No new worlds. I think it'll be a regular world with lots to build and hopefully whatever happens in Strangetown stays in Strangetown.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out. No new worlds. I think it'll be a regular world with lots to build and hopefully whatever happens in Strangetown stays in Strangetown.
    Idk about that, one of the simgurus posted their sim all bug-eyed and the background looked like it was Willows Creek. Don’t want to see so many sims out there all bug-eyed and walking weird...by the way might that be a walking style
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

I meant the packs that came with worlds. Most were destination. I dont see this being a regular world, the mind controlled Sims would show up on regular worlds and they know many of us don't want that.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I just mentioned on different thread I think it might be a career hidden world. Guess we find out today.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    mika wrote: »

I meant the packs that came with worlds. Most were destination. I dont see this being a regular world, the mind controlled Sims would show up on regular worlds and they know many of us don't want that.

Gotcha. :) And I'm hoping those sims they showed in various worlds were just for testing purposes to make show they show up everywhere.
  • Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    I really hope it's a normal world, I feel like an army barracks type situation if that's included, could potentially be a co-ed living scenario like university halls?

I just want a new and fun world to explore, but I hope if we play through the story then the infection is gone, or we can limit or turn it off somehow..
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The trailer looks like playable sims live in SV.
  • Options

But the girl who gets the text is living in OS, isn't it? I don't think Sims can live in the new 'world'. It looks like JA to me. Destination world.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I think Strangerville is supposed to be a World Pack like in Sims 3, since everyone was asking for more space to build, but they had to add more things to it, since there is no Sims 4 Store. Than they made this story-drive gamepack with new objects as well. I loved it, they should do more world packs like that!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It is a destination world. The blog post talks about meeting locals who live in SV, and solving the mysterious condition of the towns residents.
  • Options
    It is a destination world. The blog post talks about meeting locals who live in SV, and solving the mysterious condition of the towns residents.

I think we are right. And it isn't very big, either.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    um a sim lived in that world so...no?
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

i doesn't say anything like "meet the locals". The only time it mentions the neighbors it calls them "creepy townies".
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

It doesn’t mean anything. Get Together was also all about meeting new Sims. They even used the term “locals” in this blog about Windenburg too.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

But the girl who gets the text is living in OS, isn't it? I don't think Sims can live in the new 'world'. It looks like JA to me. Destination world.

She definitely lives in StrangerVille. You can see the background through the windows. The whole trailer is in StrangerVille. I don’t know where you get Oasis Springs from.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited February 2019
    Aaron Houts
    SimGuruHouts

Lots of people have been asking, so here you go:

StrangerVille is not a vacation world. Your Sims can live there and immerse themselves in the strangeness.

Also, there are ways to opt-out of the strange stuff going on in case you want it to be more of a "normal" place to live. "

https://twitter.com/SimGuruHouts/status/1098342642021060608
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited February 2019
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »

She definitely lives in StrangerVille. You can see the background through the windows. The whole trailer is in StrangerVille. I don’t know where you get Oasis Springs from.

Same big rocks behind her house where that Johnny guy lived. Or at least it looks like the same place to me(area).
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited February 2019

I think we are right. And it isn't very big, either.

According to Guru tweets there are 11 editable lots & one special lot that can't be edited.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    This is great news! And 11 lots are quite a lot for a GP. Cannot wait for this!