Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please don't let the teaser be Strangetown

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Look it's both Stranger Things and Strangetown: StrangerVille do I miss Strangetown yeah but I would love to know who these three new Sims are and find out what the mystery is. (To the mystery machine.) (Bring Scooby snacks lol.) We got new outfits new hairstyles new equipment and a new town with A new career that's a lot for a GP. (There's something strange in this neighborhood who you gonna call?) Ok I'll stop.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Strangetown is my favourite The Sims 2 neighbourhood. I also loved The Sims 2 PSP RPG version of it and I think that it had great lore (if spin offs count). I'm very personally attached to that neighbourhood.

You know why it worked though? Because it was subtle and in the open at the same time. Strangetown was not so "strange", just remote, with an integrated alien population and their own little disappearances and feuds.

and then we get this:

as the teaser. That's not a town with a mystery or two to unravel and a unique backstory. That's a malfunction in animation. Imagine they bring back your favourite city and everyone walks like this:

fZpmiHiB_400x400.png

Because subtlety is dead in The Sims. So I'm kind of crossing my fingers, hoping that you didn't just defile the memory of The Sims 2.

@mirta000 Now that we have more information from the trailer and tweets how do you feel about this pack being a story driven pack? Where we have to play a story (like Sims Life Stories) and one guru stated in a tweet not much would change if you play it again. How do you feel about that concept compared to our memories of Strange Town?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,916 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Look it's both Stranger Things and Strangetown: StrangerVille do I miss Strangetown yeah but I would love to know who these three new Sims are and find out what the mystery is. (To the mystery machine.) (Bring Scooby snacks lol.) We got new outfits new hairstyles new equipment and a new town with A new career that's a lot for a GP. (There's something strange in this neighborhood who you gonna call?) Ok I'll stop.

Made me laugh. :p Strangetown is one of the towns I never played in Sims 2, along with the Romeo/Juliet referenced town, so this will be completely new for me and devoid of any comparisons.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Made me laugh. :p Strangetown is one of the towns I never played in Sims 2, along with the Romeo/Juliet referenced town, so this will be completely new for me and devoid of any comparisons.

You missed a lot. There are three brothers (Curious) who live out in the desert and have a telescope way up on the fourth level of their roof. (major improvements to building) One is immediately abducted when you load that lot. You watch as his motives are all over the place and scared to death he is going to die. They drop severely and it's a heart racing experiencing. The other brother is pregnant, and shortly has an alien baby, can't remember if this is going on while you are trying to get your Sim back before he dies from abduction. They have three TVs in a very narrow, tiny living room set up like many monitors stacked up, and they all watch those at the same time. It's hilarious.

Another family has a dad, and two sons, (mother dead) he is in the army, and very gruff and demands a lot from his kids. The older teen is very unhappy and always into it with his dad.

Another family has an alien dad who is the father all of aliens in the game. It's one of the kids birthdays and a party starts as you load the that lot. Bella Goth is spoted in Strange Town, she supposedly was abducted off Don's roof (seeing Don behind her daughter's back) and disappeared from PleasantView off that roof and is returned to Strange Town. You have to run her down to get to speak to her, she pops up in different places. She is supposedly involved with one of the Generals and keeping her secret.

A lot of other back stories and things happening as you load a lot. However, the difference is none of it is scripted to where the player has to follow the story to a T. It's all sandbox.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @Cinebar Everything finally makes sense now, omg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »

You missed a lot. There are three brothers (Curious) who live out in the desert and have a telescope way up on the fourth level of their roof. (major improvements to building) One is immediately abducted when you load that lot. You watch as his motives are all over the place and scared to death he is going to die. They drop severely and it's a heart racing experiencing. The other brother is pregnant, and shortly has an alien baby, can't remember if this is going on while you are trying to get your Sim back before he dies from abduction. They have three TVs in a very narrow, tiny living room set up like many monitors stacked up, and they all watch those at the same time. It's hilarious.

Another family has a dad, and two sons, (mother dead) he is in the army, and very gruff and demands a lot from his kids. The older teen is very unhappy and always into it with his dad.

Another family has an alien dad who is the father all of aliens in the game. It's one of the kids birthdays and a party starts as you load the that lot. Bella Goth is spoted in Strange Town, she supposedly was abducted off Don's roof (seeing Don behind her daughter's back) and disappeared from PleasantView off that roof and is returned to Strange Town. You have to run her down to get to speak to her, she pops up in different places. She is supposedly involved with one of the Generals and keeping her secret.

A lot of other back stories and things happening as you load a lot. However, the difference is none of it is scripted to where the player has to follow the story to a T. It's all sandbox.

Yeah but that's not the real Bella Goth the real Bella Goth was still abducted by aliens there's so many theories I liked this one especially. Dina was married to Bella's brother Michael she's a gold digger/ black widow (another theory did she kill Michael or did she love Michael and he just died naturally.) She saw Mortimer was the richest in town but who was in the way Bella Goth if you look on Sims 2 Caliente family tree her grandpa on their dad side is an alien so she's the cause of Bella's disappearing and everything else fell into place. Imo I like that theory. Lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Yeah but that's not the real Bella Goth the real Bella Goth was still abducted by aliens there's so many theories I liked this one especially. Dina was married to Bella's brother Michael she's a gold digger/ black widow (another theory did she kill Michael or did she love Michael and he just died naturally.) She saw Mortimer was the richest in town but who was in the way Bella Goth if you look on Sims 2 Caliente family tree her grandpa on their dad side is an alien so she's the cause of Bella's disappearing and everything else fell into place. Imo I like that theory. Lol.

Yes, the real Bella was killed off by developers with the death token, we know that so they could plant a Bella in Strange Town. They don't remember their own history or their own back stories. That is the fact for the pc version, other versions such as for console etc. don't count as far a pc gamers.
  • Options

Yes, the real Bella was killed off by developers with the death token, we know that so they could plant a Bella in Strange Town. They don't remember their own history or their own back stories. That is the fact for the pc version, other versions such as for console etc. don't count as far a pc gamers.

Yeah killed off aka accidentally deleted her from the game all together ha but the theories went wild around her being abducted it was fun back then
  • Options

Yeah killed off aka accidentally deleted her from the game all together ha but the theories went wild around her being abducted it was fun back then

I don't know if they did it accidentally or not, because broken memories (by putting the real one in Strange Town) would have corrupted the game (though they didn't pay much attention to that back then) and did give her death token and why she can't be resurrected without corrupting game. Or by using SimPE. It was better they did that to keep players from corrupting their games (But we did anyway,lol) and or by putting the real one in ST corrupting all those files.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

@Briana2425 she wasn't accidentally deleted, otherwise her files wouldn't be inside the game, its even possible to retrieve her using mods, then it would not be impossible for devs to retrieve her. Also, there is no theories that she was abducted, she WAS abducted, you jsut have to check around the town stories and all to find that out.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    HMM I always thought Bella was not in the neighborhood because there was a fire at the studio and they had to recode a lot and forgot to add her and then the mystery was added and she was put into Strangetown.
  • Options
    SinaMegapolisSinaMegapolis Posts: 244 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    HMM I always thought Bella was not in the neighborhood because there was a fire at the studio and they had to recode a lot and forgot to add her and then the mystery was added and she was put into Strangetown.

The fire you mention didn't damage the game files that bad tho. They had backups of almost everything that was destroyed
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Karon wrote: »

@Briana2425 she wasn't accidentally deleted, otherwise her files wouldn't be inside the game, its even possible to retrieve her using mods, then it would not be impossible for devs to retrieve her. Also, there is no theories that she was abducted, she WAS abducted, you jsut have to check around the town stories and all to find that out.

@Karon You should read the first post I made I know she was abducted since that's the story in the game I should of made my self more clear when I said theories what I meant was there was a lot of theories that simmers made up surrounding after she was abducted. Also I heard back in the day her files her deleted altogether entirely after everything was almost finished but then again could've been a simmers theory as well.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

The fire you mention didn't damage the game files that bad tho. They had backups of almost everything that was destroyed

Interesting because I could have sworn I heard otherwise from the gurus a long time ago.
  • Options

Interesting because I could have sworn I heard otherwise from the gurus a long time ago.

I heard that as well but like you said it was a long time ago the only people who actually knows are the gurus who worked on Sims 2 before production.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

Yes, i remember seeing one of the gurus saying that the fire happened, but it didn't affect the game in any way...