Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please don't let the teaser be Strangetown

mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
Strangetown is my favourite The Sims 2 neighbourhood. I also loved The Sims 2 PSP RPG version of it and I think that it had great lore (if spin offs count). I'm very personally attached to that neighbourhood.

You know why it worked though? Because it was subtle and in the open at the same time. Strangetown was not so "strange", just remote, with an integrated alien population and their own little disappearances and feuds.

and then we get this:

as the teaser. That's not a town with a mystery or two to unravel and a unique backstory. That's a malfunction in animation. Imagine they bring back your favourite city and everyone walks like this:

fZpmiHiB_400x400.png

Because subtlety is dead in The Sims. So I'm kind of crossing my fingers, hoping that you didn't just defile the memory of The Sims 2.

Comments

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It doesn't strike me as Strangetown so much as a military career update. No idea why they all look like the Sims version of the Stepford wives...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    They put everyone in a snapchat filter.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited February 2019
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    It doesn't strike me as Strangetown so much as a military career update. No idea why they all look like the Sims version of the Stepford wives...

the only thing that would make sense for me is drugs being involved. But it's not an 18+ game, so I'm pretty sure no :smiley:
    They teased, military, Bella Goth, crater, plane crash, leading to a high likelyhood of Strangetown.

• Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Looks like military. This will be interesting.
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I'm hoping for Strangetown personally (sorry!). Honestly, though, I'm not even going to speculate. I'll just wait for them to release more info because, wow? LOL
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    The Sims 4 has always been over the top with the animations and expressions. One reason why I like it. Why would you expect anything different?
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I hope it is Strangetown, i have been wanting remakes of old neighborhoods since Sims 2 (i always wanted to see Sims 1 neighborhood in 3D),
    Just because the mind control thingy makes the sim look weird and zombie-like, i doesnt mean its going to be bad.
    I know someone is going to be dissatisfied with a strangetown remake or any older neighborhood/world remake, even if it's 100% loyal, there's always someone to complain about. But my inner child would be so pleased with it, I do not mind a change or two.
    If you don't like The Sims 4 Strangetown, Sims 2 will always be there to be played, just respect us that want it in the game.
    Also, there is nothing subtle in a cemetery in the middle of the neighborhood with a guy smashing the zombies head with a shovel, like... Strangetown was never subtle.
  • Options
    @EIisabetta I am hoping so much for it to be Strangetown, i can't stop thinking on how fun would be to see Olive and Ophelia, or the Smiths... But i am already sad, they would never remake a town... They never did it in Sims 2/3, why would they start doing that now?! The SimGurus probably just used the wrong word in their hints...
    ooooh, but i want so much to play with Ajay and all the others, to see how Strangetown would look like filled with beautiful landscaping and all... Sims 4 worlds are really well decorated!
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Lol, ought be interesting plus poor Bella also her past will come to haunts her..
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @EIisabetta I am hoping so much for it to be Strangetown, i can't stop thinking on how fun would be to see Olive and Ophelia, or the Smiths... But i am already sad, they would never remake a town... They never did it in Sims 2/3, why would they start doing that now?! The SimGurus probably just used the wrong word in their hints...
    ooooh, but i want so much to play with Ajay and all the others, to see how Strangetown would look like filled with beautiful landscaping and all... Sims 4 worlds are really well decorated!

They could be bringing some of the sims from Strangetown, too. I really don't want to speculate too much, though! I'm interested in seeing what the full previews show. Teasers can be deceptive.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited February 2019
  • Options

I keep an eye on people mocking the facial expressions of TS4, but our TS2 have some pretty manic expressions.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Karon wrote: »

I keep an eye on people mocking the facial expressions of TS4, but our TS2 have some pretty manic expressions.

RIGHT? Sims 2 was crazy with facial expressions. Awesome, but crazy.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2019
    The references to mother make me think of Earthbound, so could be alien related. Then again that series had robots too, so could be humanoids. Could by some off chance be zombies too. I do love Strangetown, but I wouldn't mind seeing a supernatural finally again too.

As far as the font that the Gurus are using reminds me of the Greek houses of the Sims 2 University that would use the Greek alphabet, so could be school or Rome related as well.
    15b567fadbde5d41593526770c3da5cb.png
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    All i'm hoping is that these expressions won't take over my sims and smile like that at all.
  • Options
    DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    So at first I was really annoyed at the possibility of it being Strangetown 2.0 with an expansion on aliens. But now, thinking about Bella, her mystery, all of that has me hyped. I always wanted to know what the real, true story was concerning Bella from TS2. Maybe we'll get to find out! Can't wait to have the full details tomorrow!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    All i'm hoping is that these expressions won't take over my sims and smile like that at all.
    Awe, don't you want your Sims to look like the Joker?
    cesar-romero-1024x640.jpg

Or a Stepford Wife?
    tenor.gif
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I hope it is Strangetown. I also love Sims 2 and would be ecstatic to have more content from that game revisited. It would make the Sims 4 feel more familiar, like I've returned home.

Sims 4's style is already the way it is and it isn't going to change. No, it's not subtle and probably never will be, so if you don't like it by now, you most likely never will. But I wouldn't exactly call Sims 2 subtle either. Remember the woohoo cinematics? Lol, and the Therapist and Social Bunny... I loved them all. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    edited February 2019
    While I do hope it is Strangetown (LOVED playing as the Smiths and more space for lots never hurt anybody), I will try to avoid speculation or hype, because the reveal is right around the corner anyway. If it is military, I will be glad too.
    Edit: It would be strange (a pun- strange- Strangetown? I have a terrible sense of humor) for them to implement Strangetown while TS4 has aliens in an EP.
    Post edited by FallenPrince on
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want it to be like .. or a retake on Strangetown so very bad. I've already got my Strangetown area set up in one of my save games and have been waiting for the gameplay I wanted to fill it out and give it life.
    I'm loving the roll out so far. Can't wait to learn more tomorrow. My most wanted packs have been Witches and Uni... for years now actually but I've still enjoyed what's come while waiting. This though, this is already has fully captured my attention because I love stuff like this.
    I can wait for Witches now :). I'm on pins and needles.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Im excited for this but I bet we're gonna have glitches that make our Sims faces stuck like that as well smh
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2019
    mika wrote: »
    Im excited for this but I bet we're gonna have glitches that make our Sims faces stuck like that as well smh

Gah, those poses. ROFL It makes me think they tried to use that new EA "Seed" AI they are working on for future games at EA, and it went all wonky and they said less roll with it. Like a glitch they decided to use. I would like to see a new Strange Town (if that is what it is) and a military career, I had a family I created in TS4, the dad was going to be in the military, and have waited four years for that career.....but I'm not sure I would want those glitched out Sims in my game ever. If they aren't zombies I'm not sure I could play them.

ETA: Let's hope it's not just a career, hidden world which would be worse than a reg. town.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    The Bella Goth mystery is one of my favorites,I live for mystery and creepy things...but the Bella Goth mystery is related to aliens, and I don't care for aliens. Especially if giving them attention means putting off the possibility of witches. But this does remind me of Strangetown and it'd be cool if it was Strangetown Syndrome. I mean, there was a military guy in that town who had it out for a retired pollination technician