Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Speaking of Awards …

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Well, that's totally messed up. If your Sim is notified they earned the award. Are you sure it doesn't say they're nominated? I have to ask, as so far my Sim hasn't even received a notification. I've had to restart him on his path (we'll not get into the sordid details of the mishaps with my game), but he's closing in on his second star at the moment. In an earlier save he was a Global Superstar. He's now a teen again.

Your remark about some of your Sims going through their entire career without a single award reminds me of Bob Hope. He hosted the Oscars many a time and never, never, ever received one himself. (If you're not familiar with the man, I invite you to look him up. I admired him so much when in Middle School, I wrote about him in an assignment for who we thought was the greatest person.)

Man, I haven't thought about him in years. Used to watch his shows when I was a kid. He was so beloved though, I'm sure he knew he was greatly appreciated. The award would have been nice though.

Yea, it was probably nominations. I've gotten the notifications of "You're a sure thing for an award this year" or something like that. Sim never got one. I just finished my last Famous sim. Never got an award. (other than putting a their star on the walk of fame) A lot of things in Sims is strictly random.

I created an NPC of Elsa from Frozen. Just to have her in the neighborhood. Gave her fame star 2. I've been trying to interact with her for weeks (attempt introduction) and haven't gotten her to wave yet. Yet, I have another sim with Fame level 5 that was easy to interact with. I have Elsa set up as a good person, nice, sweet, but gloomy. She always refuses. Maybe it's the gloomy trait?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    gettps wrote: »
    Well, that's totally messed up. If your Sim is notified they earned the award. Are you sure it doesn't say they're nominated? I have to ask, as so far my Sim hasn't even received a notification. I've had to restart him on his path (we'll not get into the sordid details of the mishaps with my game), but he's closing in on his second star at the moment. In an earlier save he was a Global Superstar. He's now a teen again.

Your remark about some of your Sims going through their entire career without a single award reminds me of Bob Hope. He hosted the Oscars many a time and never, never, ever received one himself. (If you're not familiar with the man, I invite you to look him up. I admired him so much when in Middle School, I wrote about him in an assignment for who we thought was the greatest person.)

Man, I haven't thought about him in years. Used to watch his shows when I was a kid. He was so beloved though, I'm sure he knew he was greatly appreciated. The award would have been nice though.

Yea, it was probably nominations. I've gotten the notifications of "You're a sure thing for an award this year" or something like that. Sim never got one. I just finished my last Famous sim. Never got an award. (other than putting a their star on the walk of fame) A lot of things in Sims is strictly random.

I created an NPC of Elsa from Frozen. Just to have her in the neighborhood. Gave her fame star 2. I've been trying to interact with her for weeks (attempt introduction) and haven't gotten her to wave yet. Yet, I have another sim with Fame level 5 that was easy to interact with. I have Elsa set up as a good person, nice, sweet, but gloomy. She always refuses. Maybe it's the gloomy trait?

I would suspect that gloomy trait, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, if you get these awards into your household inventory, wouldn't it be possible to put them back there.
    If you click on the object in the build mode, the bottom part of the screen gives you three options: Move it to household inventory, sell it, or put it back where you took it. Household inventory transfers with the household when they move.

That's all well and good, but I'm not moving the ENTIRE household, or yes, that does work. First off, the award goes into the Family Inventory automatically. It should go into the Sim's personal inventory that earned it, in my mind, as that would solve the problem. My singer Global Superstar is currently living with his younger sister and her family. He's engaged (again) to be married and having his own mansion built. Once the wedding takes place, the newlyweds will move into their brand new home. That's the heart of my problem. I can purchase his video and music apparatus and his Karaoke machine, etc., and place those into the new home. However, those trophies are in the Family Inventory. And while it is possible to move them from that storage into the game lot, he can't place them into his own inventory. I've tried.

3PY1B2k.jpg

The clock isn't an award, but necessary after those late nights when he simply must be somewhere. LOL (And, yes, he'll likely earn other awards, but the silver award was the second award, when the game said he'd had a Gold Star Event. Face/palm.

Are they possibly in buy debug? If so, can someone walk me through how to access debug, pretty please? This would brighten my day …

Yes, it would be great if the accolade award could go into the recipient's personal inventory. That way, when he/she moves out of the household, he/she can take their personal award with them. The cheat bb.showhiddenobjects (in the build mode) can be used to get awards into a new household/lot, but we shouldn't have to rely on a cheat for a Sim to be able to keep his personally obtained property. In my game, I've got plenty of accolades winners who have split up with their partners and moved out of the household where their awards are prominently displayed. They should have been able to take their awards with them.
  • Options
    SimandsimandsimSimandsimandsim Posts: 20 New Member
    I have about 160 awards or more now. (Yeah! I play a lot - Lockdown!) I wish too that we could get them in our inventories so that when the kids get married and move out, they can take them with them. Very annoying. But I just buy them in Build mode for them. Also, just to add, Nominated doesn't guarantee you'll win. One of my households had been acting their socks off all week and one got an award for Best Book! He hasn't even written one! lol I'm always pleased when one of my sims does their first acting gig and gets an award for it. So my celebrity tiles in Starlight Boulevard are great reading. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    I have about 160 awards or more now. (Yeah! I play a lot - Lockdown!) I wish too that we could get them in our inventories so that when the kids get married and move out, they can take them with them. Very annoying. But I just buy them in Build mode for them. Also, just to add, Nominated doesn't guarantee you'll win. One of my households had been acting their socks off all week and one got an award for Best Book! He hasn't even written one! lol I'm always pleased when one of my sims does their first acting gig and gets an award for it. So my celebrity tiles in Starlight Boulevard are great reading. :)

Yeah. My Global Superstar came out of Uni with a Fine Arts degree. Attempting to get him recognized I put him in the Acting career. Yeah, he won but it wasn't the thrill I expected it to be. But, I captured the pictures and when this latest iteration of him (I've had to restart this family more times than I can now count). The next time, I followed my best hunch and put him in the Entertainer Career. He was invited to submit some of his music and he won. But it was by pop-up notification only. So, I was very happy I had those pictures! He was as humble and sweet as I expected him to be in his acceptance. We cannot control that part of things, either. :)
    9o55pcB.jpg
    1QsHYko.jpg
    XGoEmod.jpg
    9gfucrX.jpg

Thanks for weighing in!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Oh, he's so gorgeous and nice pics you grabbed of him too. Mine are alway in tears too and I feel like their Mum! So proud of them all! Silly, I know! Oh another hint, if you're all having trouble accepting awards, because the host comes back to the mic too fast, is to go into build mode at PBP Lounge and add an extra mic. now my sims can accept their awards while the host is babbling away about Thorne Bailey in his tight pants! I'd post pics but I don't know how to do that here. I now alway put mine with no autonomy on for awards. That way they sit and pay a bit more attention and go up autonomously to accept their award at times. He really is gorgeous. If only I knew how to upload my sims! I have Descendants of Romulans, Daniel Faraday and his descendants from Lost (He found his Constant! ;) ) and Morticia Addams is just engaged to Jean-Luc Picard, Great, Great Grandchild of THE Jean_Luc Picard. He even has pointy ears... Oh, my! ;)
  • Options
    Oh, he's so gorgeous and nice pics you grabbed of him too. Mine are alway in tears too and I feel like their Mum! So proud of them all! Silly, I know! Oh another hint, if you're all having trouble accepting awards, because the host comes back to the mic too fast, is to go into build mode at PBP Lounge and add an extra mic. now my sims can accept their awards while the host is babbling away about Thorne Bailey in his tight pants! I'd post pics but I don't know how to do that here. I now alway put mine with no autonomy on for awards. That way they sit and pay a bit more attention and go up autonomously to accept their award at times. He really is gorgeous. If only I knew how to upload my sims! I have Descendants of Romulans, Daniel Faraday and his descendants from Lost (He found his Constant! ;) ) and Morticia Addams is just engaged to Jean-Luc Picard, Great, Great Grandchild of THE Jean_Luc Picard. He even has pointy ears... Oh, my! ;)

Thank you so much. I'm pretty attached to him, too, as you probably have surmised. I have Spock of the House of Talek Sen Dene in my game. That's Erik's brother-in-law. Several game saves ago, both Spock and Brianna (my O/C in the mini series in my siggie) gave me my very first and second emotional deaths in my game. Why I have to wait so doggone long to experience these things I don't know. But without fail, it's one (or more) of my own Sims that bite the dust. Oi!
    2unHOWC.jpg
    lVhTQsF.jpg
    Spock & Brianna in Sims 2
    4P7toeB.jpg
    Spock & Brianna in Sims 3
    CS7x9oN.jpg
    Spock & Brianna in Sims 4
    EQPgBgU.jpg
    IUQiNk7.jpg

To post pictures you first need to have a hosting account. I use imjur, myself. I also crop mine via Paint, since I use Windows. Then I save as a Jpeg to my pictures in my document folder. From there I drag it to imjur. I select the picture I want by clicking on it and on the right side panel, look for the BBCode (message boards & forums). It's the fifth option down. Then click on the copy button. Come back over here and do a Control-v and voila. If you have something other than Windows, then disregard the first few steps. With imjur I don't think it matters. Use whatever copy & paste option your OS allows. (Body is 4 characters too short? Say, what?)
  • Options
    Gasp! or as Spock would say, Fascinating! I love these pics! Totally adorable! I too had Spock in my game for a while, Data and Picard too. Data kept crying all the time, and I figured it was something to do with his Sulani connection, Spock's Alien voice annoyed me, but he was fun for a time and of course was a total geek, as was Data. 7 of 9 was beautiful, but I just had to many Trekkies building up and went more towards my Lost storyline. I just got photoshop, so should be able to get some decent images soon. I've kind of mixed the Trekkies with the Losties in my game and Daniel and Constant Faraday have kids. Dharma Faraday who married Roman Picard a Romulan who came to the sims and gave up his Alien powers for Dharma, (what am I like???) they had 3 kids, Jean-Luc, Data and Elnor. In other news... Ian Somerhalder and James Ford have had Ajira and Kahana both identical twin boys and they look just like gorgeous Ian. Jack and Hurley Faraday, sons of Daniel and Constant have moved out and are about to start the acting career. There were many more Faraday kids, but Grimmy took them all (they died laughing) and I lost all my gallery pics and builds after an update :( I've just thrown Morticia Addams into the mix, as there's no women around. She's engaged to Jean-Luc. I can sense it's not going to last. Why do I blurt this all out? I have no friends interested in The Sims, Lost or Star Trek! I'm a musician and really should be releasing a new album, but this takes my head away from how things are in the real world right now. I can live out my silly fantasies, create my own version of anything I love. What a game! Working round the bugs and using mods if I need to, throws me deeper into the fantasy. Thank you so much for the advice re: posting pics. I'll be sure to have a go at that and get something on here. it's nice to meet you, @GalacticGal I think we are truly like minded. :)
  • Options
    Gasp! or as Spock would say, Fascinating! I love these pics! Totally adorable! I too had Spock in my game for a while, Data and Picard too. Data kept crying all the time, and I figured it was something to do with his Sulani connection, Spock's Alien voice annoyed me, but he was fun for a time and of course was a total geek, as was Data. 7 of 9 was beautiful, but I just had to many Trekkies building up and went more towards my Lost storyline. I just got photoshop, so should be able to get some decent images soon. I've kind of mixed the Trekkies with the Losties in my game and Daniel and Constant Faraday have kids. Dharma Faraday who married Roman Picard a Romulan who came to the sims and gave up his Alien powers for Dharma, (what am I like???) they had 3 kids, Jean-Luc, Data and Elnor. In other news... Ian Somerhalder and James Ford have had Ajira and Kahana both identical twin boys and they look just like gorgeous Ian. Jack and Hurley Faraday, sons of Daniel and Constant have moved out and are about to start the acting career. There were many more Faraday kids, but Grimmy took them all (they died laughing) and I lost all my gallery pics and builds after an update :( I've just thrown Morticia Addams into the mix, as there's no women around. She's engaged to Jean-Luc. I can sense it's not going to last. Why do I blurt this all out? I have no friends interested in The Sims, Lost or Star Trek! I'm a musician and really should be releasing a new album, but this takes my head away from how things are in the real world right now. I can live out my silly fantasies, create my own version of anything I love. What a game! Working round the bugs and using mods if I need to, throws me deeper into the fantasy. Thank you so much for the advice re: posting pics. I'll be sure to have a go at that and get something on here. it's nice to meet you, @GalacticGal I think we are truly like minded. :)

My Spock doesn't have an alien voice. I didn't create him via the alien in CAS. I created him, myself. I also use cc Khitsule's Pointy Ears. Happily, this version is also inheritable. I still choose to have all of their children have the pointed ears. I'm of the belief that Vulcan genetics are likely stronger than human. The infants and Toddlers don't have them, but once they become Toddlers, I take them into cas.fulleditmode and age them up, place the ears on them and then age them right back down to Toddler. Voila pointed ears. :) I do have Kirk, McCoy, Scotty, Uhura, Sulu and Chekov in my game. They're around somewhere. LOL I don't play them, but Uhura visits Spock's household from time to time. Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I have great fun when I took the four eldest Cantrell kids through Uni. They all attended Britechester-U, stayed in Wyvern Hall, and had a blast. That keg-lift was from the Kegger they threw the evening before graduation. :)
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I too have the Seleng pointy ears and they were passed down to two of the children. I made my own Spock too as part of a sparked challenge along with Uhura, Picard and 7 of 9, but for some reason they were modded and I couldn't submit them. (Guessing pointy ears!) then lost my whole library during an update and don't have them any longer and had to start a whole new game. Sounds like your Sims are having a fab time all in all! Mine just work hard at acting and they overthrew Spinmasters and I take them out once a week to dance, just to give them some fun after their hard work all week!
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I too have the Seleng pointy ears and they were passed down to two of the children. I made my own Spock too as part of a sparked challenge along with Uhura, Picard and 7 of 9, but for some reason they were modded and I couldn't submit them. (Guessing pointy ears!) then lost my whole library during an update and don't have them any longer and had to start a whole new game. Sounds like your Sims are having a fab time all in all! Mine just work hard at acting and they overthrew Spinmasters and I take them out once a week to dance, just to give them some fun after their hard work all week!

Sorry to hear you lost your library. Did you at least make a backup of your Tray? I would strongly advise you to turn-off automatic updates via Origin, and when you learn of a Patch, pull your Mods folder from the game and make copies of your saves and Tray folders. Then go back and Patch. That way if the Patch nixes things on you, again, you'll have your work safe-guarded. I've never heard of Seleng pointy ears. I had two to choose from Khitsule and Cynbar (I think that's how it's spelled.) I used the ladder in Sims3, before we got aliens. I now use Khitsule's mainly for the inheritability.