Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    edited July 2020
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @budewarmin That is way out of my ballpark, I'm afraid. :lol: It's definitely doable, as evidenced by so many of ATS's CC objects with interactions, but you'll have to just search around to find out how to go about that. Because my small brain hasn't expanded to adding interactions to objects. :sweat_smile:

Found this if you're interested: https://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Sims_3_Object_Modding

Thats totally fine haha, youre already helping so much! I love the CC you made me <3

And maybe I will use this mod or something : https://modthesims.info/d/592332/the-transmogrifier-aka-object-script-changer.html
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Mareah Thank you! :3

Short answer is that I don't know how to make patterns perfectly seamless. But, I'm sure there are plenty of tutorials for doing just that in whatever your photo editing program of choice is. You'll just have to look around for that.

To make custom contacts, you'll need:

-TSR Workshop

-The Sims 3 eye texture to work from

-GIMP unless you wanna pay for Photoshop. :lol:

-DDS Plugin for GIMP

And a general understanding of the texture files for the game. Went ahead and made a quick long winded guide. :lol:
    Find someone's iris to steal.

This stock image lady is my victim:
    eWV3YDd.jpg

PS, here's a key to look back to so you can identify the tools I use easily. Ellipses Select, Move Tool, Resize Tool

ij7cvwp.jpg

Open GIMP and select file>open>and navigate to wherever you placed your EA textures you downloaded above. Open whichever one corresponds to the age group you're making the eyes for (they are labeled by age group and gender. e - elder, a/y - adult/young adult, t - teen, c - child, p - toddler. m - male, f - female, and the todder will be "pu" as male and female use the same texture). Use the ellipses tool to select your eyeball - eye whites included. Like so:
    VmA7dJj.jpg

Hit Ctrl+i and it will select the inverse, so everything but the eye. hit Ctrl+x or delete to get rid of the rest of the sim face texture that we don't need. Now you should be left with just this:
    pwMWvkL.jpg

Go to file>open> and find your eyes pic you chose to snatch the eyeballs from. This will open it in a new GIMP window. It might be mad at the color profile, just hit convert when the prompt appears.

Again, use the ellipses select tool to select perfectly around your victim's iris. Cut it out use Ctrl+x. This is sounding like a serial killer memoir, I know. Click on your window with the EA texture and hit Ctrl+v to paste the iris. You should see something like this:
    beeyDqr.jpg

As I did in the photo above, right click the floating selection layer and click "To New Layer." Making sure you have this layer select on the right, make any adjustments to your iris. For example, seeing it more closely, I noticed mine had some of the whites of her eyes and eyelid, so I cropped it a bit using the same ellipses select/invert/cut method from above.

Next, move and resize your iris to fit over the EA iris. Should look something like this:
    X1Iauvc.jpg

Next, still making sure the layer with my new iris is selected, we're going to desaturate it. This is to ensure any colors will look good and not just mix with the iris's original color. To do this, hit Ctrl+A to make sure the entire layer is selected, then in the top menu click Colors>Saturation, and drag the saturation all the way down until your image is devoid of color.

You might find after doing this that the eye is too dark. We want a nice midtone gray, ideally. So next, go to Colors>Brightness-Contrast and fiddle around with the settings until they look good to you.

Our base texture is done, so next you'll want to right click your iris layer and select "merge down" to merge it with the EA texture.
    PO0IJa9.jpg

Now that we have one layer, hit Ctrl+A to select all, then on the top menu go to "Image>Crop to Selection" to make sure your canvas is still 1024x1024. This is to ensure the image is a proper size to be exported as a DDS file.

Now, we're going to go up to File>Export As. From here, you can name and save your file anywhere, but it's important to make sure you export it as a DDS file. Since we're working from the EA texture, it will already be on their, but if it isn't just manually replace the file extension .jpg for example, to .dds then hit export.

You'll be met with some options that look something like this:
    UY4TtMI.jpg

You'll want to set compression to "BC3 / DXT5" and select "Generate Mipmaps" This is a bit confusing in this color scheme, so fyi the darker grey text means it's selected. Then press okay.
    AKMVWCf.jpg

Next, we're going to make a mask that tells the game which parts are recolorable. For mine, I'm going with 2 color channels: the iris and the hightlight.

In GIMP, right click the Layers area and select "make new layer" and make sure before you hit "ok" that the Mode says "Normal." Select this new layer.

To make it recolorable, you'll need to mask each part using red, yellow, and magenta. Specifically red = 255R/0G/0B, yellow = 255R/255G/0B, and magenta = 255R/0G/255B. Red will typically be your first recolorable channel, yellow your second, and magenta your third. Ours won't be the same, so I'll just show you mine. I'm using two channels, one for the iris as a whole, and one for the highlight. Anything I don't want recolorable (like the whites of the eye) I leave alone.
    oEmwADe.jpg

When you've mapped it how you want (btw you can get way more detailed than mine. Like if you want the middle part around the pupil to be a color channel of its own or something, I'm just too lazy :lol: ), merge the layers and export it as a DDS file. DXT5 and generate mipmaps, just as before.

Next, is TSR Workshop. Open it, click "create new project" and select "makeup/facial overlay". In the side bar, narrow by age/gender/outfit category and select on the right what to clone to work off of. Personally, I went Human>Adult>Female>Everyday and chose the bunny costume makeup. Select your choice of makeup to clone, click okay, name it if you want but otherwise hit next then ok and you should be here:
    cY2qxlX.png

At the top of the screen, you'll see "view" this sets the camera to be able to zoom in with the mouse wheel and rotate by clicking and dragging with the left mouse button. To get closer to the face, click "view" and select "pan" from the drop down. This makes clicking and dragging with the left mouse button pan up and down instead. Once you're zoomed in and stuff, click the "Texture" tab to the right.

Click the Face Overlay section and click edit. A new window will open, select "import" in the upper right corner and import your base texture. The one we made first.

You will probably see the blackest eyes...the devil's eyes. :lol: This is because the mask doesn't match up. So, let's fix that. Same as the overlay, click Mask>Edit>Import and import your RGB mask image you made.

In the right panel at the bottom you'll see 4 Tint Color drop downs. Expand them all like so:
    MeFkacw.jpg

Enable A-D depending on how many recolorable channels you made. For me, this is just two, so I enabled A and B and disabled the rest. Also, yes, there is a fourth. But he's more complicated, so we're aren't going to take about him. :lol:

In that same area, you can set the default colors. If you want multiple preset colors, you can duplicate the texture for each new color and edit them the same way. Here's the duplicate button. You can move between textures using the drop down menu just to the left:
    5DFCve1.jpg

The Project tab is pretty self explanatory, just make sure you have it enabled for all the ages, genders, outfit categories, etc that you want. Then click File>Export>To Sims3Pack, name it, it'll export and ya got your file. Personally, I hate Sims3Pack files, so I convert mine to packages using this tool: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=364038

Put it in your mods folder like you would any CC and you're good to go. Don't ask me how to change the custom thumbnail, because I haven't learned. :lol: Otherwise, hopefully this was at least somewhat easy to understand because I ramble a lot. I'm not a good teacher. :lol: You can probably tell. :grimace:
  • Options
    @budewarmin Ooh! That mod is awesome. Let me know how it goes!
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    @budewarmin Ooh! That mod is awesome. Let me know how it goes!

It works with toy bears, so my grumpy sim got to kick that lol.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Oh my god, Emily, you are amazing!! Your guide is exactly what i needed, so well done and easy to follow. I am searching for my first victim as we speak lol. The reason i wanted to start making cc eyes is because i want to have some anime inspired eyes so hopefully i can make it work, and come to show you my work soon. Dont sell yourself short, sweetie! If someone as clueless as me understood your explaination, then you are much more that just a good teacher XD

btw, do you have a wishlist in ts3 store?
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Mareah Emily is always selling herself short when she should be strutting around like a peacock! She is always quick to help others and her work is brilliant!
  • Options
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,368 Member
    Emily that is just amazing. I tried to learn to do this before with a different tutorial but got lost. Can’t wait to try this out! Thank you so much.

@Mikezumi She really is awesome!
  • Options
    @budewarmin Haha! Awesome. :3

@Mareah You're very welcome! :3 I'm glad it was helpful. Selling yourself short kind of runs in my family. :lol: I blame my genes! :tongue: I do have a Wishlist, but the items on there are more expensive and I don't want you going spending money on me, especially during a pandemic. Seeing your custom eyes turn out well will be enough for me. :smiley:

@Mikezumi This is why you're my adopted G-ma. :kissing_heart: LOL at the forums censoring such a lovely bird! :lol: I once helped a friend out on doing chores at the stables she kept her horse at. It was a huge piece of land with a bunch of animals - including peafowl. Ha! Take that, censor! :lol: Anyway, I saw one chasing around the chickens having the time of his life and I will never forget that fella. :lol:

@ZeeGee Girlllll if you can make such awesome machinima, I am very confident you can do anything creative if you just put your mind to it! I believe! :3
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @Emily4331 Those poor chickens! They'd probably never had such a huge peacock chasing them before ;)
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Girlllll if you can make such awesome machinima, I am very confident you can do anything creative if you just put your mind to it! I believe! :3

Aw thank you so much. :kissing:

@Mikezumi Lol and especially at the second 'edit'. I do miss 'plum' though.
  • Options
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Yes it did. Well I still say it anyway, lol. Love the new avi
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    This is fairly basic, I think, but it's still noticeable. I downloaded a ballet set from Mod the Sims, with six leotards (essentially two sets of three... one was a thin strap design, one was short sleeves, and one is long sleeves. They're also available as catsuits). I've only used the thin strap version because that's the look I like, but unfortunately the strap is a little broken on one shoulder. I've only used this leotard on teens so far. (There's a similar download for children by the same creator, but there are no strap issues with it). The clothing is for teens-elders.

Here are some photos of my pretty Sim Elena Sanchez modelling the leotard for you, both in CAS and in-game.

0n1ERiN.jpg
    986qsGM.jpg

I'm not quite sure how to link the item in question. I can provide a link to where I found it on MTS but I'm guessing you'd need it in another way...

https://modthesims.info/d/443445/

• Options
    @Lucy_Henley The link you provided will work. Thank you. Pretty simply fix as it is just a slight misalignment of the front and back texture. :blush:
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Just popping in to say hi to the wonderful Emily4331 <3

Zpomeuq.gif

Silently slips away*

🐻‍

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley Forgot to get pics, so you'll just have to take my word for this until you can see them in your game. :lol: I know you had only used it for teens, but since all age groups use the same textures, I went ahead and replaced the adult female and elder female ones as well.

Teen Bodysuits

Adult Bodysuits

Elder Bodysuits
  • Options
    yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    By broken CC does that mean you can lift some CC shoes up a bit for me?
    I have a few pairs that sink into the ground just a bit too much for my liking. I have a mod that'll lift them but you have to do it outfit by outfit in CAS.
  • Options
    @yoashmo Sure, I can do that. I should ask, though, since they do clip through the ground are these high heels? If so, do you want them to increase the sims' height or keep it the same?
  • Options
    yoashmoyoashmo Posts: 528 Member
    @yoashmo Sure, I can do that. I should ask, though, since they do clip through the ground are these high heels? If so, do you want them to increase the sims' height or keep it the same?

You are so great. 3 pairs of high heels that are deep in the ground and 2 pairs of sneakers that are only slightly in the ground. Yes, I would like them to increase the height of the sim.
  • Options
    @yoashmo Cool, can you send me a link to them, please?
  • Options
    @yoashmo Don't forget to send me links to the CC you want me to fix. :smile:
  • Options
    @Emily4331 Well until yoashmo shows back up, here's another project should you choose to accept it, Emily. :) This top has that neck seam thing that I think you fixed previously on something else? Anyway, it's a cute top if you have time to have a look. Thanks

TIZJ3qO.jpg

w22SyDh.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/file/urr4sc16vs617ya/%5BM1ssduo%5D_Clothing_Boyfriend_TypePrints_T-Shirt_AF.zip/file

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top