Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Really wish I had any modding talent myself, but I'm mod illiterate haha
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @budewarmin Yeah, that's doable. :smile:
  • Options
    Emily4331 wrote: »

Its perfect! You're awesome, thank you so very much for doing this :)
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Hi Emily, was wondering if you could take a look at this. Could you make the skirt where it hugs the body better instead of having a gap that stands out at the waist? Hope I'm explaining that good enough. I forgot to take a pic.

http://mojosims.blogspot.com/2014/07/mermaid-skirt-top.html#more
  • Options
    @budewarmin Woohoo! Glad I could help. :3

@ZeeGee I know exactly what you mean. Should be an easy fix! :smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you, Emily ❤️
  • Options
    @ZeeGee My original plans for this skirt to avoid any clipping were hastily thwarted by the absolute chaos that is this skirt's geometry. :lol: But I think it's pretty good still. fyi since it is so form fitted now it does start to clip on the bigger sims. But it's pretty far down the slider, so shouldn't be a big problem.

NT4UnXJ.jpg

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/su07qs08zzsiktf/[momo] Mermaid Skirt & Top Edit.package?dl=0
  • Options
    It looks awesome. Great job. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 8 New Member
    Do you also do objects? I have this curtain from Sunlit Tides (https://store.thesims3.com/sunlittides.html?categoryId=20268) The Clever Curtain one. I wish it was made sheer(transparent), but I don't know how.
  • Options
    @Tangerine I can do objects, yes. But I only have the standard edition of Sunlit Tides, so I don't have the curtains. :/ Afraid I can't help you with that one.
  • Options
    Is it hard? Do I need mesh editor? I am wondering if its just TSR workshop or something you can tell me the buttons to click?
  • Options
    At the end of the day its not even about that store curtain, but rather me looking to replace this other curtain I have. It is converted from sims 2 by somebody and is sometimes acting up in my game.

The curtain from s2 converted: https://www.mediafire.com/file/f4xzrsaban237mt/Camille_Murray_Curtains.package/file

So this s2 converted curtain sometimes loses its sheer/transparency and I have to slightly edit the colors to get the effect to show up again. It does it totally randomly(at least I don't see a pattern as to what causes it) and I can only "fix" it temporary by editing color, or clearing worldcaches(folder).

So I was thinking get a curtain that looks similar, and make that one sheer instead.

But since the store part is making it difficult, maybe you could look at the converted curtain instead?
    I cant even open it in workshop to apply my noob skills to it. Maybe it is converted wrong? I don't know. What do you think?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @Tangerine I'll have a look at the converted one.

For changing the transparency of something, you'd need:
    -An image editing program (I use GIMP)
    -TSR Workshop
    -Sims 3 Package Editor
    -Sim GEOM Editor

Edit: GEOM Editor wasn't needed in this case so there's that. :lol: I don't work with objects frequently, so I'm not an authority on this stuff. :lol:

I'll try to get screenshots of the process as I do it. :smile:
  • Options
    @Tangerine Okay, so this was a lesser process. Whoever converted this and made it sheer made the texture partially transparent, but didn't change the shader. Which is probably why it looked transparent sometimes, but not with all colors.

So I got a pic of 2 colors:
    oSd52gN.jpg

kPgHAks.jpg

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sd3x65roo74jt5/Camille Murray Curtains Sheer.package?dl=0
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @Emily4331 Wow....that is awesome!
  • Options
    Thank you very much, really appreciate it. I will try is out asap.
    Do you like make your own CC too?
    And I have no idea what a shader is lol
  • Options
    @bekkasan Thank you! :3

@Tangerine You're very welcome. :smile:
    I'm not very good at 3D modelling, so the short answer is no, I typically just convert things. Long answer is, some day I hope my skills in Blender will be advanced enough to where I can make good quality stuff on my own. :smiley:
    Shaders determine how the light interacts with objects.
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @Emily4331 Wow....that is awesome!

It really is! Great job
  • Options
    Do you perhaps know why I couldn't open that curtain in TSRW? I was getting error of :

could not clone object part
    object reference not set to an instant of an object

I still cant open it but I don't know what that means and if its a problem or not?
  • Options
    @Tangerine I have no idea why it throws that error. It isn't the first piece of CC I've come across that has that same error in TSRW. It's not something I know how to fix, unfortunately. I can tell you, though, that isn't really a problem. As long as you know what you're looking for, you can open the package in S3PE.
  • Options
    Och, I see. Thanks for explaining
  • Options
    I think I have a weird question! Do you know if I can make an object kick-able in s3pe? Yes kick-able? Like assign kick-able flamingo deco flags to an otherwise deco object? Without changing the mesh or whatever, simply through s3pe?
    I came upon a sim randomly kicking a deco toy, because it was probably meshed of the flamingo and I thought it was funny.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @budewarmin That is way out of my ballpark, I'm afraid. :lol: It's definitely doable, as evidenced by so many of ATS's CC objects with interactions, but you'll have to just search around to find out how to go about that. Because my small brain hasn't expanded to adding interactions to objects. :sweat_smile:

Found this if you're interested: https://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Sims_3_Object_Modding
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Those curtains look very nice, Emily! I dont know how they looked before but i downloaded your edit because it fits my style. i dont mean to derail your thread but i was curious about something and you seem very skilled. I want to make my own patterns, and also some cc eyes/contacts. What tools would you suggest for a newbie. I tried the EA/maxis tool for making patterns but i cant make them seamless. It might be my fault however and not the tool itself.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top