February 15 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

Who Wore It Better? Season 1 - Scores Up! 2 days left!

MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 5,751 Member
SpVAsBy.png
Welcome to Who Wore It Better!

This competition is based on a casual challenge/competition I entered many years ago. I really enjoyed the competition and always wanted another season of it, but the host left shortly after and never came back. Since I’ve wanted to see an S4 version, and somebody requested something similar, here we are! (Note: Sims 2 and 3 are allowed too! Just make sure to let me know when you signup and I’ll make adjustments to the assignments for each game.)

This is a competition about dressing your model in pack clothing (base game, expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs!) and seeing who did better at wearing and flaunting it. Yes, I said packs! For this first cycle, much like the original, we will be focusing on Base Game clothing. Each round I will choose a piece of clothing (or more) that is the focus of your outfit. You will then design an outfit around that piece of clothing and come up with a theme.

Unlike Sims 3, Sims 4 does not have a color wheel which removes some of the fun and creativity of the original comp, but I believe that this creates a unique challenge and presents a different way for you to be creative. First, you can use any packs from the Sims when dressing your model as long as the base game clothing I selected is present. Second, since there is no color wheel in S4 you can recolor clothes if you know how to, OR you can find recolors of that outfit from someone else. I don’t see recolors of pack clothes as CC, as long as there is no mesh edit, since it’s similar to how recolors in S3 worked. It is not required for you to recolor and you can just use the base game colors, but it’s an option if you want to. I made sure to choose clothes that had lots of color options for those that can’t recolor. Also, if someone asks for help on how to recolor, please help them by linking tutorials, etc. As for CC in general, you can not use CC for the clothes, but the makeup, hair, accessories, shoes, etc. can be CC. Please make sure to be careful when dressing your model so that you don’t accidentally select CC for the clothes, otherwise there will be a point penalty.
Below the spoiler I show you where to filter clothes based on packs, colors, etc.
ASSo7dl.png

After you are done dressing your model, you will present your clothing in a creative way based on your theme. Did you design a party outfit? Then show your model at a party! Did you design it to be a gardening outfit? Then show them in a garden! The way you present the outfit is just as important as creating it, so make sure to do your best! Another part of the challenge is that you will only be using in-game backgrounds. You can cut out your model to add to an in-game background, or you can just do everything in-game. The choice is yours! When you submit you will also provide a description of the outfit and what inspired you.

For those curious, there are major differences between the original and this new version to not only avoid being a direct copy, but also because I wanted to change some things or needed to make some changes.

That’s it! I hope you enjoy this competition!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MizziesComps
Discord: https://discord.gg/XwZEsj5

qJVW8Ym.png
General Rules
  • All competitions are hosted on the Official Sims Forums (where Sims competitions originally started), Discord, and Twitter, though Twitter is mostly used to promote and announce updates. You can use or switch between any platform, though let me know if you switch so there’s no confusion. Click for Twitter or Click for Discord
  • Prizes for each competition may differ, but the Final 3 (or more) will always receive a banner/signature for memories and to display their win/placement. Roles will also be given on Discord.
  • Public voting will never be used to determine the winner of a competition.
  • All Sims games can compete, Sims 2, 3, or 4!
  • All editing/competing levels and styles are welcome! Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, No CC, Maxis Match, Alpha, Cartoonish, Realism, etc.
  • Feedback is given in every competition to help you improve, unless otherwise stated. Judges can skip feedback if it causes anxiety/stress or they are busy atm, otherwise feedback will be provided. Contestants can opt out of feedback as well, but this is for the entire competition and not per round. You may change your mind later.
  • Remember that we do not permanently alter the genetics in competitions. Hair color/style is the only exception, everything else is temporary.
  • Sims/models must be of your own creation, unless you have permission from a creator to use theirs. Sims/models may be re-used or new.
  • NO use of human or art body parts, or art abuse, in any competition (aka photoskinning, face/bodyplastering, or simmerizing, etc.). High quality stock/Google hair, objects/accessories, and clothes are fine in the appropriate competition. If you do clothes manipulate them onto the Sims body, not the other way around.
  • NO copying. Each entry should be unique but accidents are normal, even in DM only comps. If you are hesitant to post publicly DM your entries to me, but I promise that copying results in punishment and you have nothing to worry about.
  • NO cheating. This includes having other people edit for you. No one should ever do that for you in any competition, regardless of the excuse or host saying otherwise. These are competitions, meaning you are competing with your talents and creativity, not someone else’s.
  • NO re-using renders/images from previous competitions.
  • Full redo’s/resubmissions are not allowed. One time edits (lighting, shadows, crops, text, etc.) are allowed. Inform me when you do so I can update everything.
  • Extensions need to be asked for at least 8+ hours in advance. Extensions last for 1 day unless you absolutely need more time.
  • Late submissions are accepted if you submit before the judges get back to me, otherwise you will either be eliminated or receive the lowest rank, depending on the competition.
  • If you are traveling/going on vacation, please inform me so I can send you the assignments before you leave. Do not talk about, or send, the assignments you received to other contestants.
  • Please do not drop if you score badly (or in general unless it is a good reason) because you won’t improve by doing that. Each competition offers different challenges that help you grow and quitting early stumps growth. Use the feedback and resources to improve yourself, and don’t get disheartened if you do score badly. Trust me, we've all been there before.
  • If you have questions or concerns, message me!

Competition Info
  • The model in the application you submit is your “designer” sim to represent your presence (it does not have to be a simself and can be any species, size, or gender, ages Teen to Elder). For the assignments, you can use different sims each round. Teen to Elder, any gender, any size, any supernatural/fantasy/sci-fi/etc. sims or berry sims. You can have multiple sims in your images.
  • A maximum of 2 designers (applications) per person.
  • There is no roleplaying or storytelling required in this comp, unless you choose to do so. Descriptions of the outfits and what inspired you are required each round, but they can be short.
  • CC is allowed for makeup, hair, accessories, shoes, etc., but not clothes. Recolors of clothes are allowed as they are not considered CC in this comp, but no recolors that include Mesh Edits because then it’s a CC item. CC in general is not required. Be careful when dressing your models so that CC clothing is not used, otherwise there will be a point penalty.
  • The clothing item I choose is not gender restricted. This means if I choose a dress you are allowed to place it on a male and vice versa. Just make sure that whoever you choose looks fashionable!
  • Editing is optional since in-game backgrounds or shots are required, making this beginner friendly. You are allowed to draw hair, makeup, shoes, or accessories for this comp. If needed you can add in objects to your background, but the background itself must still be in-game.
  • Google/stock clothing is not allowed. High quality hair and accessories are fine. If you do shoes, do not use human or art toes, legs, etc.
  • Each round I will assign a clothing piece that is the center of your outfit. This can be a dress, suit, shorts, shirt, etc., male or female. You must design an outfit around that clothing piece with pack clothing only (expansion packs, game packs, stuff packs, or base game), then use in-game, CC, or Google accessories to enhance the look.
  • Assignments/rounds will be 6-7 days long, depending on the clothing and round.
  • This is a non-cumulative (aka no “leaderboard”) competition with eliminations. There will only be 8 rounds for this competition, with the semi-finals in round 7 and the Final 3 competing in round 8. Eliminations begin Assignment 3 so everyone has time to get used to the competition.
  • Please see the Scoring section (forum) and/or #results channel (Discord) for information on the scoring rubric, score breakdown, and tips.
iMgAcIm.png
SJT3YqD.png

Not Checked In

Checked In
@Vanadis (Vana) (Discord/Forums)
@gardenGothic (Booky) (Forums)
@TEXASTWANGTONYA (Tonya) (Discord/Forums)
WillMal13 (Discord)
@deviouslyvivid (Dev) (Discord/Forums)
Assignment Submitted
@heather1306 (Heather) (Forums)
@Jendowoz0612 (Jendowoz) (Forums)
@MyFavoritedesign (Angela) (Discord/Forums)
@xJojox (Jojo) (Forums)
Gee (Discord)
@Penguinwa101 (Penguin) (Discord/Forums)
@abelhinha35 (Discord/Forums)

qnE8mHS.png
@jilliebee22 @MizoreYukii Willeekmer Rampage FrankiValerie @themelonic
Post edited by MizoreYukii at

Comments

• MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 5,751 Member
    edited 9:52PM
    5qe8Wug.png
    Assignment 2
    Second assignment is here! This time a dress. ;) Remember, aim for creative shots and not just standing there, and you can use any color you want.
    ewEIq3R.png

Due Date: February 20th

Submission form:
    This is your submission form for each round, and you won’t be scored on what you write! This is to let the judges and other people know what your inspiration was, where they can find the recolors, etc. I always had fun filling these out when I competed and showing off my recolors for more downloads. These can be short and simple, so no need to panic!
    Style Name: (If you can’t think of anything creative you can use general names like “Gardener’s Outfit”.)
    Optional Recolor Link: (If you want to share your recolors with the public, or link to a creator’s website.)
    Tell us what you did! (This section can be short if you’d like. What was your inspiration and why? Why did you use certain patterns or colors, or chose certain items to go with the outfit? What was the overall theme and goal?)
    Photos to show off your outfit: (Either provide one good angled photo, OR do a second photo to show off the full outfit if you’re worried we can’t see it (for a total of two photos). Remember, this is a fashion competition, so we want to see the outfit clearly. That’s why I provide the option for a second photo for those new to camera work or when an idea doesn’t work out as hoped. The main image you submit still needs to be creative though and is the judging focus, the second one can be whatever as long as it displays the outfit clearly.)

Copy/Paste Version:
    [b]Style Name:[/b] 
    [b][u]Optional[/u] Recolor Link:[/b]  
    [b]Tell us what you did![/b] 
    [b]Photos to show off your outfit:[/b]

nb5GVak.png
    Scoring Rubric
    Creativity - /10
    Styling - /10
    Set/Background - /5
    Composition - /5
    Total - /30

Scoring Breakdown
    Creativity – Did you go above and beyond? Was your idea out of the box? Are you truly using your resources to the best of your ability? Is your image or idea similar to another submitted image? Are your poses, theme, background, etc. creative and cohesive? Remember, we are looking for creative ideas and not just a sim standing there.
    Styling – Did you use the required clothing item? Did you follow any other requirements? How well put together is your outfit and does the required clothing item still play a role? Is the outfit theme cohesive and look fashionable and/or useful?
    Set/Background – How is your set in-game? Is it interesting? Is it properly balanced, not too little and not too much? Does the set/location complement the theme/requirements of the outfit? Was your set building and placement good? Is there anything that detracts from the model?
    Composition – How your whole image is put together, and is the replacement for quality and editing. Even though we do not have a quality section, please make sure to keep your images as clear/clean as possible, when possible. The editing, if any is done, should be clean as well, meaning avoid over-sharpening, over-blurring, over-smudging, pixilation, etc. Glitches (hair going into chest, hands going into body, wonky clothes, etc.) will be ignored. Avoid plumbobs, thought bubbles, in-game effects (such as a shimmering on the sim, the “smelly” cloud if low hygiene, etc.), the hovering notification (the white outline), and remove the in-game blur in the distance (purposeful filter blurs are alright). Other elements for this section include balance (color, light, details, etc.), lighting, the filters used, angles/directions, etc. (Feel free to research this scoring section to make sure you do it right!)

Tips
    • Read other people’s feedback to learn extra tips, and use the feedback to improve.
    • Be creative with your clothes and presentation! Don’t just pose your sim standing there staring at the camera.
    • In-game actions are perfect for this type of comp if you can’t find any poses. Even though this is a fashion-based comp, this is not a modeling comp.
    • Make sure your theme is consistent and we can see your outfit.
    • Use angles and lighting/weather to your advantage for unique shots.
    • Learn the camera controls:
      (*The description of what the shortcut does matches the order in which they are listed. So, when I write “Q/E - Move camera down/up” it means that Q is for down and E is for up. For Mac users, Ctrl = Cmd on your keyboard.)
      • Tab - Goes into Tab camera, aka movie camera
      • Q/E - Move camera down/up
      • W/A/S/D (Arrow keys work too) - Move camera forward/left/backwards/right.
      • Shift + Q/E/W/A/S/D (Arrow keys work too) - Larger movement in that direction
      • Ctrl + W/A/S/D (Arrow keys work too) - Rotates the camera in that direction.
      • Ctrl + 5-9 - Allows you to save your camera position so you can go back to it
      • 0 (Zero) - Pause or unpause the game, and works in Tab mode unlike the P key. Good for All-in-One poses or animations without having to constantly exit tab mode just to pause the game on a certain pose.
      • Numbers 1-3 – Different game speeds. 1 is regular, 2 medium, 3 ultra. If you’re doing an animation pose, use these to speed up gameplay.
      • Numbers 5-9 - Your saved camera positions
      • Shift + 5-9 - Instantly change camera position to saved spot. Hitting the numbers without Shift causes the camera to slowly go to that position.
      • Z/X - Zoom in/out
      • Mouse Wheel - Zoom in/out
      • Move Mouse - Change camera pitch/angle/direction
      • C - Take a screenshot
      • After testing a lot of the controls, I noticed that Ctrl + Q/E is the only one that doesn’t do anything. Alt also has no effect.
    • Cheats to make life easier:
      • testingcheats true
      • headlineeffects off – turns thought bubbles and plumbob off
      • hovereffects off – If you don’t use the mod listed below to remove the highlight, use this instead.
      • Change the seasons
      • Change the weather
    • Mods to make life easier and also to remove annoying stuff:
    sOSjv0T.png
    Sims 4
    heather1306 (Heather) *(Forums)*
    Style Name: Snow Maternity.
    Tell us what you did!: I went with the white and thought mai dress reminds me of maternity and white snow.
    47041758692_b970f15fbf_o.png
    Optional Second Photo:
    46180363975_ba3770ff94_o.png

Jendowoz0612 (Jendowoz) *(Forums)*
    Style Name: Happy Hippie
    Tell us what you did: My inspiration, once I saw that this dress had a lovely pastel floral option, was to put my model amongst some beautiful flowers and in a garden. So I added floral accessories and gave her a Hippie look.
    XAaodOb.jpg

TEXASTWANGTONYA (Tonya) *(Discord/Forums)*

MyFavoritedesign (Angela) *(Discord/Forums)*
    Style Name: Romantic Glamour
    Recolor Link: Dress (mediafire)
    Tell us what you did!: I recoloured the dress.
    CklaqUQ.jpg
    Optional Second Photo:
    dcZBrT2.png

Penguinwa101 (Penguin) *(Discord/Forums)*
    Style Name: Cloudgazing Cleopatra
    Tell us what you did: I had this old recolor of this maxi in my game and I never used it for a look, and its such a pretty sunny gold color with this really fun pattern! why not let Taylor Kalani lounge out in the sun with it?
    I8jeqG2.png

WillMal13 *(Discord)*

Optional Second Photo:

deviouslyvivid (Dev) *(Discord/Forums)*

xJojox (Jojo) *(Forums)*
    Style Name: Sad And Summery
    Tell us what you did: My inspiration right now is seasons. Ok so i just bought it. I know i used this rain thing last round (this is the last one i promise!) But the lighting and the mood is GREAT! So i went with my sim going out to the beach, all dressed up and feeling the rain come in. Naturally a bit upset ... and that colour of the sky matches her mood!
    30kgcyb.png
    Optional Second Photo:
    t0oqx1.png

Abelhinha35 *(Discord/Forums)*
    Style name: Flowers for you today
    Tell us what you did: Today Marlene was very comfortable in her floral dress doing gardening. We took the shot when she decided to pick some wild flowers. The flower really complimented her dress.
    dWjYCxQ.png
    Optional Second Photo:
    Nl0Dc0a.png

Gee *(Discord)*
    DM Entry

Sims 3
    Vanadis (Vana) *(Discord/Forums)*

gardenGothic (Booky) *(Forums)*
    Post edited by MizoreYukii at
    edited February 18
    FMRYQby.png
    Sorry these took so long! We had 5/6 judges submit, and a tie for Fifth Place! And no comments from the other judges, just me. Hopefully next round they will provide some.

You all did a fantastic job, and so far Round 2 looks even better! I just want to remind everyone to try and aim for more creative poses than just standing there (like I mentioned in the Tips) and that scores refresh every round. This was just the first round though, and there aren't eliminations until the third round, so you have plenty of time to get your feet under you! Good luck on Round 2!

First Place
    RrIJVyS.png
    Mizzie - Whoo! Country girl fits this top very well. I love how well balanced the background and composition is, and the styling is cute but simple and fitting. Also, I almost didn’t notice that hat and that it was added! Excellent shot!

Second Place
    RgJVPsU.png
    Mizzie - A teacher, never thought of this top being used in that career due to it’s cut, but I really dig the idea. And of course you presented it very well! The pose fits and looks great, and the background is well setup. I think the radiator could be tossed without any real loss though. The crop also feels slightly tight, but as a whole the image is extremely well done!

Third Place
    JQYGRbb.png
    Mizzie - She looks like she’s prowling the bar for a victim! I am in love with the recolors you did as they look fantastic and fashionable, and her whole style screams late night elegance. The background looks great but could maybe have a bit more added, and other than a brightness/contrast filter and a tighter crop on the bottom the shot is fantastic!

Fourth Place
    cvOCE8J.png
    Mizzie - 60’s style was a creative choice, and you did a great job styling her to show that off! It really screams retro just from a glance. I think the bracelet is a little chunky though and maybe something else could fit better, but it’s minor. The background, though simple and a bit awkwardly cropped on the side, fits the theme well too. And despite the fact you added her to the background the proportions are practically spot on! That’s awesome! Her shadow is a slightly off and the wrong color though, just needs some work and you’ll be golden. Also wish she was doing something more creative, but the pose is cute and lively.

Fifth Place (Tie)
    u3tVL1B.png
    Mizzie - That is a very fitting and cute outfit for your theme! You did a fantastic job on your styling and background, and the idea to use it for camping is interesting, as I would normally consider it a fashion top. The animals could also use a tad more blending to not be so eye catching, but otherwise great work!

RQHWCM4.png
    Mizzie - Your poor aunt! I can’t believe she had to wear something like this. It worked as a creative idea though. The styling feels slightly off to me, but I get where it was going so it was minor. The background is also a bit overwhelming but fits as a wedding venue for the couple forcing her to wear that, lol. The statues and structure in the back are my favorite thing about the background, as it gives it a very elegant presence. Wish she was slightly more angled to the center though, but overall great job!

Sixth Place
    3CExf5l.png
    Mizzie - Ahhh, I’m sorry for the confusion about the CC! I adored the accessory CC to her styling in the before picture as it was very cute, and I’m sad they didn’t make it into the new picture. I’ll consider the pictures the same though, minus the skirt, because of the confusion. The background is beautiful and well built, and I love the addition of the rain and her dancing in it. The brightness is maybe a tad bright but otherwise really enhances the details and tone of the image. And of course her styling is cute!

Seventh Place
    F3TJOva.png
    Mizzie - Dang! I am absolutely in love with her styling, it just screams rich girl. The necklace and earrings are especially my favorite, and if only the bracelet matched in color and/or style. I also like the background as it is well designed, but it might be too white as she and it are kinda blending. A darker wallpaper maybe, or darker chairs. Your composition is also really good, but its hard to say if the white overload is causing it to look too bright, or if a filter was added that’s making it too bright.

Eighth Place
    qgywkty.png
    Mizzie - You gave us a very creative idea and shot! The styling fits and looks good, but could maybe have a ring or bracelet thrown in. The background is a little plain though, and some other graves or even a detailed garden around her would work to enhance it. The crop is also slightly awkward and could be adjusted more to the left to remove that empty space behind her while capturing the grave better. A brightness/contrast filter too to help with the dark image, but the rain and tone certainly help with the theme! You did a fantastic job overall though, can’t wait to see more!

Ninth Place
    qpV8TpS.png
    Mizzie - What a lovely brown outfit and fantastic styling, which is odd to come from me because I normally don’t like brown! I really like the way you’ve put together the outfit and scene, just wish she was actually doing something at the picnic (think of this comp like Muse, standing is bad!). The background really is spectacular and the gentle lighting from the sun behind her really sets the scene. And other than playing with filters to help the scene pop, I have nothing to add about composition!

Tenth Place
    FbACdKt.png
    Mizzie - What a cute outfit! Everything meshes together really well and the red against the green really does create a nice contrast. Your composition is really good too, with everything being well balanced and cropped nicely. Just wish you had a bit more time to focus on the background and maybe a different pose, but overall a lovely image.

Eleventh Place
    Ld2OFZF.png
    Mizzie - What a cute outfit for clubbing! I like the idea you were going for, but wish the outfit was a tiny bit more cohesive. She’s very dolled up on top and towards the bottom begins to dull, and some sparkly heels to match the jewelry would have made this come together. Your club background is also different from what I would expect, but I like it! It fits the mayhem theme. I wish she was doing something more creative though, like dancing or using the bubbler, but at least she looks like she’s waving to friends in the distance. Also, the filter around the edges for this shot are quite dark and really detract from it. Try to aim for clearer shots like your Round 2 entry. Great job overall though!
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
    edited February 14
    Dg14b7f.png
    Assignment 1
    For your first assignment you will be using this top in any color of your choice:
    r7f2yq0.png
    Anddd that's it, because this competition has a lot of freedom. :lol: Remember, we want to see the outfit and you can use any sim, Teen to Elder!

Photos
    Sims 4
    @heather1306 (Forums)
    Style Name: Nightclub Mayhem
    Tell us what you did: Honestly the neon just screamed clubbing and a bit of random mayhem to your outfit (a bit like the neon style you would wear on a girls night out, like a hen)
    32020462317_180cd12430_o.png

@Jendowoz0612 (Forums)
    Style Name: Camping Comfort
    Tell us what you did: When I saw the alternative colours provided, I chose a cool colour and it came across to me as a casual comfortable top matched with shorts that you would wear camping on a summer's day. So I decided to set up camp with my dog Elke and go fishing. Decided not to pose my model and try and catch a nice, natural expression.
    F1wrqlA.png

@TEXASTWANGTONYA
    Style Name: Organic Wear
    Tell us what you did!: I Decided To Go On A Picnic On A Sunday Afternoon. It Was A Gorgeous Outside And A Sunny Day With The Birds Chirping. My Brown And Beige Design Was Perfectly Fitting For My Picnic.
    Y6iFGnV.png

@MyFavoritedesign
    Style Name: Artsy Fashion
    Optional Recolor Link: Top and skirt
    Tell us what you did! I was inspired by the Artsy Fashion style and recoloured a top and skirt.
    gZD0TJ2.jpg
    Optional Second Photo:
    MmhxeoT.jpg

@Penguinwa101
    Style Name: Gala Dinner Outfit
    Tell us what you did!: When I saw the top I KNEW which color/variant I wanted to use.I wanted to go for a sleek luxury look so I paired with a solid white pair of fitted pants and accessorized in gold tones with a "Rich Girl" feel. So I decided it'd be a perfect Gala dinner outfit or for a wealthy fundraiser event!
    KPpzdbt.png
    Optional Second Photo:
    coXvOld.png

WillMal13 (Discord)
    Style Name: Funeral Wear
    Tell us what you did!: When her ex-husband died she was filled with many emotions. Sadness because he was her first love and she will forever love him. And anger/disappointment because he left her for her sister.
    02-07-19_1-51-56_AM_edited.jpg
    Optional Second Photo:
    02-07-19_1-56-44_AM_edited.jpg[img][/img]

@deviouslyvivid
    Style Name: Bridesmaid's Bane
    Tell us what you did: This top reminded me of a bridesmaids dress my Aunt was forced to wear back in the '80s. Poor thing, she had a bunch of terrible wedding party dresses.
    y7c6RXo.png

@xJojox
    Style Name: Cheeky Teen
    Tell us what you did: Well I didn't like the neons and i knew i wanted a garden like scene for my photo. I thought the white would make her a little more focused amongst the green. When taking the picture, the rain just wouldn't stop. It rain for 3 days!!! So i decided to go for a dancing in the rain pose inspired by my newest pose pack since i wanted to test them out!
    2u7aaf8.png

@abelhinha35
    Style Name: Making a statement
    Tell us what you did: The top with the correct accessories, would be perfect for any teacher to ware. I dress her in a soft mint top with whites pants and a floral cardigan. I added floral cardigan to make it fun and interesting.
    Ks1YyBE.png

Gee (Discord)
    Style Name: The Sunny 60s
    Optional Recolor Link: Top & Bottom
    Tell us what you did: The top reminded me of an old fashioned tankini top ones recoloured, so I created a sim from the 60s to show off the fashion from that era, I also recoloured the bottoms.
    finalediassign1mizz.png

Sims 3
    @Vanadis
    Style Name: Cowgirl Next Door
    Tell us what you did: I thought the top looked like something a girl-next-door would wear, and I saw the opportunity to add a country/western flair to it. I used the Pets expansion for the shorts and boots.
    gCDrFpX.jpg

@gardenGothic
    Style Name: Playful Summer Outfit
    Tell us what you did: When I was playing around with different bottoms, I really liked how the ruffles on the bottom of the skirt compliment the flare at the bottom of the shirt, and the puffed sleeves with their little ruffled edges. I feel like the loose slouchy sandals and the springy curls bring this energy too. From there I used a lot of red because I knew I wanted to shoot outside and I like the high contrast of red and green.
    h6uxNL2.png

Scores

Assignment 2

Photos

Scores

Assignment 3

Photos

Scores

Assignment 4

Photos

Scores

Assignment 5

Photos

Scores
    Post edited by MizoreYukii on
    Hey guys! WWIB is now open and feel free to sign up on here, Discord, or Twitter.
    As you can see, I’ve made changes to my usual rules/first post due to Discord/Twitter needing more info as their community is slightly different and still beginning. All of the rules, except extensions and any competition specific info of course, are the same. The difference for extensions is that they now require 8+ hours before the deadline, and last for 1 day unless you need more time (like usual). Everything else is the same and info you already know, and that is the info in “General Rules” under the spoiler. So, the only thing you need to read (if you aren’t new to competing or from Discord/Twitter) is the “Competition Info”. Easy-peasy, right?

Let me know if you have any questions!

I still need to advertise tomorrow morning for Discord/Twitter, but launching here tonight!

@Penguinwa101 @abelhinha35 @chellemh29 @Jendowoz0612 @TEXASTWANGTONYA @kyky @Movotti @JaLiBo @jilliebee22 @MyFavoritedesign @Mamajanaynay @lisabee2 @aussiekarima @jaunty @Gege @xJojox @MizoreYukii @heather1306 @themelonic @kittymeow @Socallucyfan @deviouslyvivid @ladybug65 @ColorMePink @wiredhanna67 @Storiessims4 @gardenGothic @Klept0maniac94
  • heather1306heather1306 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Oooh I must have been reading this as you were writing it up!!! Reserve me!!
    39508532972_d4ae4b6e81_o.gif
    @heather1306 Sure thing! Glad to have you on board. :smiley:

Alright, everything looks good now after I checked for the 100th time (almost forgot the due date :joy:). Going to bed now, will work on advertising, etc. tomorrow morning!
  • gardenGothicgardenGothic Posts: 63 Member
    I've been excited about this one since you posted your poll!! Reserve please :smiley: I will be using Sims 3!

I have a question about clothing choices. You said that they should be game pack only. Does that include expansion packs or only base game clothes?
    Call me Booky!! (they/them)
    Simming Blog: Booky Loves Shiny Things!
    sZNqePM9W6d2Lrm5UpJhHbd9MGqZ5hV2_cX6GZcOXWSbJHRg4SdIhOUXKQtL7PZ6Ux3SEpde2Hd3nhoG7WMRhsE2ti9MIo_qvA3-U8EEgZ5xuacGIjvitbk-ZP5AbDcaMWSoJkL6Eo6xWUfis5ccJS0pYposlsk_vCsFGB-IkMp5jg-Pezqen7W-3DYFGNp1t_9XUjd4_ccSlcDwCGUfiQzNwBaSJm0yPLbiq3pRD6craNK8RUr8EGqaH7bxOGDTCzYZrTJ_SDkk9sgQXK-gFIz8qrIrZhZskNOYSOZBsMkYbiW0CjOevWYW9o1sTsomFi3p11msV69ZRU1sAX1VeG6wJ_6LjOSTZwGmQjMEyIn_LPYTq6GX1nu87u3N_f4cd13H6qq5QAJh3bu16HizzG3V6gtmW32T4h0oBgY3KEWxUe309HdhSgFaF5v_xoQmGgB4llydstDuPpQI456b3vaJDQP1K-h_hscQBwqRaJgLOLmiWaKKLh-_gz5XwTXaGKiDDwq3mpPv4qLQYg6mC6vLtpbmmpPby_uF_aKVy_B1xNbxODNJaov-uIH50hKqI4FaXffJBO2VoDIvockXJ7HsqkZUokCJVFSm6-YgFiPTlNMER1uzh6TbQhufl_rT-16XpKFiF_E4VYx3tmnpWaB9=w628-h224-no
    Application: 32020462417_128b67c0f9_o.png
    Style Name: Nightclub Mayhem
    Tell us what you did: Honestly the neon just screamed clubbing and a bit of random mayhem to your outfit (a bit like the neon style you would wear on a girls night out, like a hen)
    Photos to show off your outfit: 32020462317_180cd12430_o.png
    @gardenGothic Wheee! So excited myself! And thank you for letting me know, I'll get to work on Sims 3 assignments!

Omg, thanks for pointing that out! Even though the intro has been written for several months I totally didn't remember that Game Packs are an actual thing! :joy: When I say game pack I mean any pack in general can be used. I'm going to go reword that, ack.

@heather1306 Yay first submission! Looks great! :heart:
    Okay the thread (and Discord) is updated! I reworded everything that mentioned game packs to just packs and also explained that ALL packs can be used when dressing the model.

I also changed the due date to February 12th as I know we have 2 other competitions up and running and some people are hitting their limit with competitions. Hopefully the 2 extra days help!
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 6,698 Member
    I'll give this a go, @MizoreYukii So have I understood this correctly we can use CC clothing to show of the non CC piece you provide? But have to include, as here, the top you used for this first assignment. Is that right?
    @Jendowoz0612 No CC clothing at all. CC/Google is allowed for everything else though. Recolors though, ones without mesh edits, are not considered CC for this competition. I know they technically are and show up as such when added to the game (with that little wrench icon under the color options) but I don't because it's the same mesh, just new colors or textures added. For me, it's the same as the Create-a-Style in Sims 3, where you could add your own patterns/textures and colors and even download recolors from the exchange.

So it works this way: every round I give you a base game clothing piece to focus on. Like for this first assignment it is a sleeveless top. You need to take pack clothing (anything from expansions, game, stuff packs, or the base game) and design an outfit with that top as the main focus. So looking at this I could say "Oh, it reminds me of a fashionista" and then design a high fashion outfit with that top as my centerpiece. I can then use Google/CC accessories or hair to add to her look, since S4 is lacking in accessories and this is where CC enhances your chosen theme. I could download and add a unique hair and some stylish jewelry, maybe throw in a purse.

Does that make sense?
    I think so, so all clothing including the piece you provide each round needs to be from in game and not cc?
    @Jendowoz0612 Yes, all clothing is in-game and EA created only. Recolors without mesh edits are the only exception.

Hair, hats, shoes, etc. are accessories and can be from the game, CC, or Google.
    edited February 2
    @MizoreYukii

Okay gotcha! so your example is the pink and black, but I can use any of the other combos that EA provided? This will be a great challenge for those used to CC, love the idea of this, Mizzie. <3
    edited February 3
    Application
    WtstiZY.png
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on
  • Penguinwa101Penguinwa101 Posts: 3,040 Member
    OMG!!!! I AM HERE FOR THIS!!!!
    I like this concept it's simple yet original and bold! Reserve me, sweets!!!!!
    3gXRDPf.gif
    Twitter: @Penguinwa101
    Tumblr: http://penguinentertainment.tumblr.com/
    Youtube: Penguin Entertainment
    @Jendowoz0612 Yes, any of the colors from EA you can use, or you can recolor the top yourself if you know how!
    Also, love that application and the bold yellow background! Great choice.

@Penguinwa101 Whaaaaa, so happy to see you here! I missed you in Muse C2. :bawling: Also, congrats on graduating! :mrgreen:
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,300 Member
    Heyo!

What is going to be the deal with doing Sims 3 in this? I'm thinking about joining something but I hate modeling in Sims 4 so I'd use 3 haha.

How's it going, everyone?
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    Vanadis wrote: »
    Heyo!

What is going to be the deal with doing Sims 3 in this? I'm thinking about joining something but I hate modeling in Sims 4 so I'd use 3 haha.

How's it going, everyone?

Vanaaaaaaa! I was getting worried about you since you've been so quiet!
    Everything works the same for both games, the only difference is the clothing piece and I'll be choosing one that is as similar as possible. So right now S4 has a sleeveless top, so I'll be looking at S3 for a sleeveless top as well. If one doesn't exist, I go to the next similar style. You guys will be judged the same though, I just need to let the judges know you guys are using a different top since you are using S3 and to post the entries in groups to avoid confusion. If I notice any issues with this working I'll make some changes to reflect that, but I don't think there will be.
  • VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,300 Member
    lol Mizzziiiieeeeeee yeah I've been quiet, I'm about to start my last month of class! D: I think I did pretty badly on my studio submission but I haven't gotten the grade yet, I don't think I failed though. XD I just worry that I did. Anxiety yo.

That's awesome, I'm thinking of this top from the... gods I don't remember what TS3 expansions are called, I think "Late Night," there's a top like this, it has spaghetti straps and I used it on so many goths haha.

Well, sign me right the hey up. I need something like this as an outlet for when I get overwhelmed with classes!
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior