Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Day 12 of Simsmas: Gifts in a maze?

We like to hide gifts for your Sims.

We also like to challenge them (and you) to find them!

This time we have hidden a pile of gifts -this pile- in the center of a maze:

5rubmm05bcqf.png

The challenge for you and your Sims is to find that pile of gifts together - in first person view!

Download the maze from here (or searching by my forum name in The Gallery) and place the lot in a world. Then take your Sim there, press Ctrl+Tab to activate first person view and be the eyes of your Sim to the middle of the maze! Once you find the pile, take a screenshot of your Sim with their treasure!

Note: if using first person camera is not an option for you, we have an alternative challenge! Build your own maze, hide gifts in it, and share it in The Gallery with the tag #Simsmas2019 so other players can download and play with it. If you do so, show us a screenshot as well!

Comments

• Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Shift-Tab was my first-person hotkey, instead of Ctrl-Tab!

Here goes! Now, resisting the urge to aim myself towards the tree and fly like a bat towards the presents...!
    It begins...
    fa20c517c4.png
    Rest of the journey under the cut! (Kind of picture heavy)
    Shoveling Snow in Summer... in a hedge maze!
    de1499c13b.png
    That snow pile just lead to a dead end anyways, let's go this way! Woah! Vampiric Speed grants some unintended views in first-person!
    e33f69cb5e.png
    Onward we go...
    7a1942318c.png
    I went in a circle...
    e30ab1cd85.png
    Target sighted!
    3220967307.png
    Getting closer!
    40c6bdc783.png
    Just gotta... get around this hedge wall...
    bf9626a669.png
    It's right around the corner!
    4d63858771.png
    Wahoo!
    c9db67b34f.png
    Let's celebrate the achievement by adding our own pile of presents for the next intrepid explorer!
    ... Wait! Is that a townie in the background attempting the maze as well!?
    72e69c8bab.png

That was pretty neat!
    Reminded me of wandering the mazes at Windenburg's Chalet Gardens.
    But with 100% more PRESENTS!
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Attempting the maze in the evening was a challenge, but we made it by the light of the moon. Funny my human sim did it at night but @Iyasenu's vampire up there did it by day, lol. :)

gY97hWa.png
    pVo1AG9.png
    image.png
  • Options
    CatladyCatlady Posts: 25 Member
    Phew, the first three paths I chose were dead-end's but I finally made it :D

Fxb5nKB.png
    So close...
    meXxQIq.png
    Yet so far...
    IpwdkUl.png
    But in the end I found the treasure!
    VIh0m02.png

I was a bit scared of the first person view challenge, but I was really fun and I managed to get around the maze quite well.

Thanks @EA_Mai for all those fun challenges (even though I discovered it rather late), I finally got to being a >Member< after being registered to the forums for over a year now.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Oooh this is going to be a bit tricky for me. I have yet to walk around while in first person view, have not played with it a lot mmmm guess now is as good a time as any. Will post pics if I am successfull a little later ;)
  • Options
    Orchidah1Orchidah1 Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2019
    My first person never used to work and forgot that there is such a function!

This was my first ever Challenge via Forum and first time full-on member here, looking forward to more challenges B)<3

Our adventure here below with a quick video, after a few dead ends, cuts from the hedges and almost dehydrated... we made it! :)

04A8DIR.png
    65AAtgP.png
    We got lost and had to revert to technology to help guide us with some sim navigation
    Adventure Footage in link HERE

eEWRwdl.png
    SuckxwZ.png
    AdN7Hb1.png
    We're not lost we're not lost.... Keeping his cool
    qOQOAIl.png
    purCkk9.png
    2GW90Vd.png
    cuk8qzV.png

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

NzYWFTR.png
    Post edited by Orchidah1 on
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited January 2019
    My Sim did it :) I got a little sea sick while playing, lol ... not used to first person games. But she got there in the end and lit the lights of the tree as well :)

wXd6xDv.png
    72A5vGq.png

h4pA0tp.png

AMvLDAY.png

1SBvuRY.png

grniuHI.png

Thank you so much @EA_Mai , I had so much fun and was so lucky to be able to do all 12 challenges as we were home this year :) Happy new year to you and all the other Ea staff <3
  • Options
    RivendellStarRivendellStar Posts: 1,004 Member
    I made it!
    ikSh6IH.jpg
    jiyKE8j.png
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    On the twelve day of Simsmas
    My Sims game gave to me

A-maze-zing Gifts,
    Answers to a Crossword,
    An Opportunity to help EA_Mai,
    A New Look for a New Year,
    New Year's festivities,
    Game goodies in 2018,
    Building Simsmas,
    Guess the Guru game,
    A Treasure Hunt,
    Holiday decorations,
    A Simsmassy avatar
    and
    Father Winter comes visiting!

Sara and Abbey were busy so my Simself, Addy Sim, decided to give this one a go. As soon as Addy arrived and saw the weather, she knew this wasn't going to be easy.
    simsmas-day12start.png

Two dead ends and several falls later, Addy somehow finds herself on the right path. Success!
    simsmas-day12giftsa.png

Addy stood there for a while, catching her breath under the guise of admiring the presents.
    simsmas-day12giftsb.png

Addy is quite pleased with herself!
    simsmas-day12giftsc.png

And me?
    Glad I was able to finish before having to call it quits ... first person makes me nauseated. Feeling a little better after some deep breaths and a glass of water but will opt for building a maze if this type of challenge gets offered again.
  • Options
    layix3nglayix3ng Posts: 111 Member
    I honestly got a lil dizzy after this lol! Fun! :D
    wp8bhuA.jpg
    *insert cool siggy here*
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Oh God I'm so late to this one aren't I? I hope it's staying up so I can try it! Looks so fun!
  • Options
    DesignasimDesignasim Posts: 87 Member
    Was really weird being in first person mode, but I made it.
    https://imgur.com/oh4hFHzoh4hFHz.png