Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hair Glitch

I saw this in my game last night. I've never seen anything like it in my game before, though I know others have posted about it. I thought things like that only happened with CC hairs, but that's a base game hair floating in the air above the toddler she's carrying, not CC. I have CC hairs, but none like that.

beSU42X.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I have seen this a couple times in my game and it is always that base game hair.
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I've seen that in my game a few times. Usually resetting the sim fixes the problem (for me at least). I also hope I'm not the only person who really dislikes that hair. :D
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    So I take it there's a problem with that one hair. Does the fact that it's floating above the toddler mean the game assigned it to her?
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited January 2019
    That hair seems it's supposed to be enabled just for female T-E's perhaps but one of the developers might have forgot to classify it at all which may be why it shows in all age groups and in both genders for the random category.

Try changing the toddlers hairstyle, I think that should fix it.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I'd try to fix that problem hair with S3OC to make it only show up for teens and older.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I always thought it was floating because the game is actually positioning it at child's (or teen's) height. That is, I think it's not a toddler hair and shouldn't be assigned to toddlers. I get this too sometimes (and that particular hair on older male sims too). I just take the sim into MC>Stylist and choose something different.
  • Options
    I did take the toddler into stylist to see if it was on her there. It wasn't. But I changed her hairstyle anyway, to toddler pigtails. I'm just glad it's not something indicating corruption of my game. I do not want to lose this game to corruption.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @TadOlson What is S3OC, and where can I get it?

Edit: Never mind. I did a search and found it.
  • Options
    SweetAndSaltySweetAndSalty Posts: 23 Member
    use the cheat resetsim. Sometimes I have glitches like this too *shrug*.
  • Options
    @SweetAndSalty The point wasn't about what to do about that one sim, but whether there was some glitch going on that might corrupt my game.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I've seen other players get men with pigtails when they age up, but never a tot! :o Hope you'll get a constructive answer from someone :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Karritz Didn’t this happen in your game? I remember you fixing it somehow. I think it’s just toddler hair enabled for the wrong category like Deshong said.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I wonder if this isn’t CC hair? Because I don’t think it comes for toddlers....?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited January 2019
    The hair is EA, for teens I believe. But there are lots of players who gets it on male sims when they age up... Repeating myself. Sorry.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    I assume, if it’s used for a toddler, it’s resized?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    It's an EA hair, for teens and young adults. The most recent sim I just started playing alternately with my main sim had it for her naked hair. She's a young adult. I used NRaas Master Controller to delete the naked outfit, and the next time she got into the bathtub, she had her normal hair for it. Anyway, I'm not concerned about it being a sign of corruption anymore, since others have had it show up in inappropriate places without breaking their games.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I think I may have misunderstood, I thought the hair belonged to the toddler. Because the female carrying her has a different hairastyle and you can't see the kid. Does the hair belong to a third sim then, an invisible one?

(or.... :open_mouth::cold_sweat: , is the hair just floating there without any sim..?)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 You understood correctly. The hair was connected to the toddler, but the toddler did have other hair that was actually on her head, though it was only a butch haircut.
  • Options
    If I'm understanding this right, the toddler is meant to be wearing a cc hair in that picture but instead the EA pigtails hair is floating above her head. Do you know the name of the hair? I think it's bad cc. Try downloading a different version of it.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Ugh! :confounded: Those darn pigtails!! I hope you can fix the issue!

I've never had that happen in my game, nor have had that horrible hairstyle show up on my male Sims upon age up. Guess I got lucky... :confused:

**Knocks on wood**
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    coco wrote: »
    If I'm understanding this right, the toddler is meant to be wearing a cc hair in that picture but instead the EA pigtails hair is floating above her head. Do you know the name of the hair? I think it's bad cc. Try downloading a different version of it.

The hair that was on the toddler's head was the EA butch haircut, so if the game actually assigned her a CC hairstyle, I don't know which one it was. I have a few for toddler girls, all made by Cazy, downloaded from TSR. And yes, the above picture was taken since I added several CC hairs to my game, including all of the toddler ones.

I have all my CC converted to package files, so I could check them in s3pe and see if there's something wrong, if I knew what to look for. Do you know? Or maybe I need to look for it with S3OC, like @TadOlson suggested? I've used s3pe a lot, so I'm familiar with it, but I'm sure I can find out how to use S3OC too, if I need to.

• Options
    @IreneSwift I don't know much about S3OC, TadOlson uses the tool to clone and change the prices of objects in the game. I tagged Karritz earlier because I'm sure this glitch happened to her as well. I think she was unsure of which cc was causing the floating hair so she used the 50/50 method to single it out. Using S3PE might be worth a go, I'm sorry I wish I was more help :disappointed:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    @coco I think there is a hair that has been enabled incorrectly. I don't know how to fix it but I think you need S3PE to change a setting in the code used to make the hair. Since I've never looked at that type of code I'd be clueless as to how to fix it. But it should be fixable.

I did have floating hair once but I think my problem was bad cc that I finally got rid of by using the 50/50 method. It took a really long long time to find it. But that hair looked great on my toddler. It was causing other glitches in the game though, and the main one was when I couldn't open the save any more. Fortunately I use Save As so I was able to go back to an earlier save and test if it was the hair and putting it on a toddler and saving made the save unable to be opened again. That's when I knew I had it and removed it and there were no more issues.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I did look up the CASP file, with s3pe, for each of the CC toddler girl hairs I have, and all were set correctly for female toddlers only. I don't have any for male toddlers. So if it's something that's set incorrectly, it isn't the toddler hairs.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited January 2019
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I did look up the CASP file, with s3pe, for each of the CC toddler girl hairs I have, and all were set correctly for female toddlers only. I don't have any for male toddlers. So if it's something that's set incorrectly, it isn't the toddler hairs.

I don't think it would be a badly set toddler hair because it floats so far above the toddler's head. It is probably a child's hair - need to have a close look at if it floats at child or teen head height to be sure tho. EDIT: could be YA or A hair too - need to try to see how high it floats. Maybe if it is on a walking toddler it might be easier to work out which.