Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hair Glitch

2...Next

Comments

• IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    So, are you saying I should check all the CC hairs in s3pe to see if any of the child, teen, etc., hairs are set for toddlers? I can do that. I don't have all that many of them.
    edited January 2019
    OK, I checked every CC hair I have, even the male hairs, and none of them are incorrectly set for toddlers. What next?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    The underlying problem is more complicated than that. The bad EA pigtail CAS part is represented multiple times among the game and patch files. One has to find all of them to get rid of the poor age stage allowance coding. One of my colleagues at NRaas (retired now) managed to do this on his own game, but his explanation was so complicated I'm afraid very few if any of us were able to follow it. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    So I would have to find it in the game file? Then the glitch has been there all along, this just happens to be the first and only time I've ever seen it? I was wondering how bad CC could make an EA hair appear in its place, since CC was brought up even after it was mentioned that the pigtails are EA. If it's not going to corrupt my game to have it appear like that, I'm not going to concern myself with it. If I ever see it again, I'll take the toddler into stylist and give them different hair, like I did this time.
    edited January 2019
    @IreneSwift - I would have to dig up the explanation for this that we got from J4Ks at NRaas many years ago, but again most of us couldn't really follow it all. If the female pigtails do not corrupt the game when they appear incorrectly on grown males, then they shouldn't when they appear on toddlers either. It just looks ridiculous until we fix it on the individual sims. It's not a CC, an EP, or a mods thing as players on all kinds of combos including total vanilla and those on the other extreme who work with Dresser/MC mod blacklists and CASP editors experience it as well.

Strangely enough, I've never seen this hair showing up in unwanted places in my own game but maybe it's only a matter of time.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    For those who use mods try this but I recommend thoroughly reading the instructions and forum posts too. (Free registration is required.)
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/8789-base-game-mid-pigtails-hair-not-random-and-hidden-in-cas/

I have not used NRass Blacklisting but that's an option too.

For those who do not use mods, the manual fix is as simple as taking the Sim into CAS and changing the hairstyle every time it appears from the random category. For Sims not in the active household open up the cheats console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C. Then type in testingcheatsenabled true then press enter. Shift-Click a Sim to edit them in CAS.

You change their look to however you want...and done. Though, my random pigtails seems appropriate for the age and gender.
    Screenshot-4657.jpg
    Screenshot-4658.jpg

Otherwise, if you don't care, I have not known or read of any issues other than looking odd because the hair is showing up on the wrong ages and wrong gender under the random category. Maybe an intern just forgot about it or the actual developer. Or maybe it was done as a joke...who knows. But what I do know is that it is the one of the most minor errors in TS3 whether intentional or not.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    U
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    So I would have to find it in the game file? Then the glitch has been there all along, this just happens to be the first and only time I've ever seen it? I was wondering how bad CC could make an EA hair appear in its place, since CC was brought up even after it was mentioned that the pigtails are EA. If it's not going to corrupt my game to have it appear like that, I'm not going to concern myself with it. If I ever see it again, I'll take the toddler into stylist and give them different hair, like I did this time.
    The pigtails are EA, but only for teens and older, not for toddlers and kids. Did the toddler have the basegame butch hairstyle? Because then indeed it’s odd and not related to CC I’d say.

5JZ57S6.png
    edited January 2019
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    For those who use mods try this but I recommend thoroughly reading the instructions and forum posts too. (Free registration is required.)
    http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/topic/8789-base-game-mid-pigtails-hair-not-random-and-hidden-in-cas/

Bluegenjutsu's mod does not work, as we can see from reading the players' comments, because she had failed to take into account the multiple instances of the hair in the game and delta (patch) files. Blacklisting and EasyCASP Editor solutions will fail (for most players) for the same reason.

This can't be modded out, or at least not in the usual way by relying on one and only one instance of a piece of content. Apparently the actual game and patch files have to be altered, and that's not something we've ever highly recommended doing.

For those who do not use mods, the manual fix is as simple as taking the Sim into CAS and changing the hairstyle every time it appears from the random category. For Sims not in the active household open up the cheats console by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C. Then type in testingcheatsenabled true then press enter. Shift-Click a Sim to edit them in CAS.

You change their look to however you want...and done. Though, my random pigtails seems appropriate for the age and gender.
    Agreed, even so for those who do use mods.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    igazor wrote: »

Bluegenjutsu's mod does not work, as we can see from reading the players' comments, because she had failed to take into account the multiple instances of the hair in the game and delta (patch) files. Blacklisting and EasyCASP Editor solutions will fail (for most players) for the same reason.

This can't be modded out, or at least not in the usual way by relying on one and only one instance of a piece of content. Apparently the actual game and patch files have to be altered, and that's not something we've ever highly recommended doing.

Agreed, even so for those who do use mods.

That's why I suggested they thoroughly read the instructions and comments and why I stated I haven't used the blacklisting feature so not sure how that works. So there are multiple versions of this particular hair set for random, okay. I don't recall having an issue with this but then again I have a lot of hair options I suppose for the random category to choose from. Even so, it seems to be a chance type of thing.

But no matter, it has a quick and easy fix even if there's no real or easy way to prevent it from happening in the first place whether with or without mods. Just figured I didn't need to mention it as people are probably experienced enough to know it's possible in the same way with mods to manually correct it.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @IreneSwift - I would have to dig up the explanation for this that we got from J4Ks at NRaas many years ago, but again most of us couldn't really follow it all. If the female pigtails do not corrupt the game when they appear incorrectly on grown males, then they shouldn't when they appear on toddlers either. It just looks ridiculous until we fix it on the individual sims. It's not a CC, an EP, or a mods thing as players on all kinds of combos including total vanilla and those on the other extreme who work with Dresser/MC mod blacklists and CASP editors experience it as well.

Strangely enough, I've never seen this hair showing up in unwanted places in my own game but maybe it's only a matter of time.

Does pigtails that are on men make a game corrupt? I guess I knew why my game would not load.
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
    Does pigtails that are on men make a game corrupt? I guess I knew why my game would not load.
    No, it just makes the males look very different from what we may have wanted.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!