Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why am I getting charged in build mode?

I’m in the equivalent of Sims 3’s Create a World but I only have 30000 simoleons and get charged whenever I do something. Am I not supposed to have infinite money?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    does someone own the property?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

Yes, one of my sim families does. In 3 if I remember right I could exit, go to create a world, modify the lot and come back without it costing me

• Options
    CursedDice wrote: »

Yes, one of my sim families does. In 3 if I remember right I could exit, go to create a world, modify the lot and come back without it costing me

I've got no idea how it worked in 3, but it's never been that way in 4. If a family owns the lot you only have access to that family's funds when you go into build mode.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    CursedDice wrote: »

I've got no idea how it worked in 3, but it's never been that way in 4. If a family owns the lot you only have access to that family's funds when you go into build mode.

I barely use 4’s build mode (couldn’t get into it and it felt too restrictive compared to 3) so I didn’t know this
  • Options
    ripentogetherripentogether Posts: 87 Member
    This is only true if it's one of your "played" families, right? That's what I've always thought but now I'm second-guessing myself. Swear I've gone into unplayed families to make changes when they have toddlers or whatnot and the infinity symbol was there instead of money amount.
  • Options
    This is only true if it's one of your "played" families, right? That's what I've always thought but now I'm second-guessing myself. Swear I've gone into unplayed families to make changes when they have toddlers or whatnot and the infinity symbol was there instead of money amount.

Yes, if the household is unplayed then you can edit their property with unlimited funds.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I believe that also if you go into build mode of a played household, and enter the cheat bb.enablefreebuild then you also get unlimited funds.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    aldavor wrote: »
    I believe that also if you go into build mode of a played household, and enter the cheat bb.enablefreebuild then you also get unlimited funds.

That isn't what that cheat does
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    That isn't what that cheat does
    It certainly does with mine unless there's a hidden random script lurking somewhere within the depths of my Mod subfolders... AFAIK it allows for use of locked objects, editing GTW career lots and in general, build at zero cost.

cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it does unlock those locked objects, yes, but it shouldn't be at zero cost

however, if the household that owns the lot is listed as unplayed (possibly unfavorited, too. i didn't pay close attention there), then it's treated as if the household has infinite money. it's only the played (possibly favorited) households that stick with the amount of cash the household actually has
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

This is all so confusing. :| we better go ask @rosemow
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited January 2019
    Stormsview wrote: »
    This is all so confusing. :| we better go ask @rosemow

@Cupid said it very well. Thanks a lot.

{EA_Lanna: Bait removed}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)