Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovating The Landgraab Mansion!

OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
edited November 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
TLDR: I remodelled a house. Just check out the pictures if you want - it's pretty long because it's a big house! Thanks!

Hey guys! So, I decided I wanted to refurbish and modernise a house from The Sims 4, and I decided that Affluista Mansion (The Landgraab home in Oasis Springs) was in desperate need of renovation! I decided I didn’t want to knock down any walls or remove / add any windows (I did add one room but we’ll get to that!), I just wanted to repaint and refurnish…
There’s no CC for anything other than DÉCOR, so it’s totally downloadable without losing any of the essential furnishings!
I decided to renovate it for a new family (instead of the Landgraabs), so it has been renovated for a family of 5 – three daughters (a teenager and 2 twins) and the parents.

And here’s the results…

EXTERNAL
The external of the house was drab and dreary, and just blended into the surroundings that it didn’t look modern at all!

efKBGPE.png

So I decided to repaint the exterior to black, recolour the windows to white, and generally just modernise it!

tYzYHNE.png

Then I had to look at the various ‘garden’ areas… First was a small patio at the front of the house, which was pretty empty and not very welcoming…

YIyCxBW.png

The fence wasn’t very modern and didn’t go with the new exterior and it wasn’t exactly well decorated to sit and relax in, so I replaced the fencing with glass and added some plants, new benches and a fountain, to make it a mini Eden get away for the family!

gPUi7Ee.png

E4eqTIw.png

Bh7jCvA.png

And the second outdoor area was along the right side of the house and was totally empty!

cydugEh.png

NR9Czmw.png

I toyed with the idea of making it into a garage, but decided instead to make it an outdoor bar and dance area for the family to entertain guests and enjoy a few drinks on a hot summer’s evening…

nztIyQw.png

cA8FDMU.png

Finally, the back garden! It was empty, and didn’t exactly feel like a family garden

5E0JIjT.png

So I added a pool, lighting, new seating, and I removed the old plants and replaced them with a few palm trees for that hot country feel, putting some yoga mats under the shade of them

HqY2OLK.png

Bd9oGoO.png

bzCzLA9.png

I also added a few Cacti, because they’re just so cute I couldn’t resist!

b3moeu7.png

GROUND FLOOR!

We’ll start in the kitchen! This room wasn’t too bad really, with an island in the middle and a modernised kitchen

mG75oEQ.png

So, I simply replaced the counters and cupboards with the same ones in white, and put in some new black styled appliances, including a microwave and coffee machine

FWvxwbe.png

ltafzpz.png

I also got rid of the island, going instead for a 4-man breakfast bar looking out the large front-facing windows – I added some décor in way of cereal and some other breakfast bits just to add to it!

kETkpYM.png

xFjMRd1.png

tXSvI5j.png

On to the dining room! which again, was pretty old and dreary looking

S71woyt.png

So to modernise it, I repainted the walls to white and added a larger, rounded archway as the entry point to open it up

G9W5e6C.png

I added a new table and centrepiece, all white and glass. I also put in a water feature wall because I thought it was so pretty!

EDIvwZ1.png

skIACNa.png

I created a small unit table out of these wall plant boxes and added some deserts and a few decorative plates

ZYUcNZc.png

And finally, I added a nice colourful painting just to bring it to life!

n1aGOvA.png

Along to the entryway now which was totally empty! It’s the first thing you see when you come home, it should be much nicer! (honestly it was so empty I could only get a picture like this, because there was no point taking specific angle ones!)

3wgU9RV.png

First thing I did was repaint it with the faded blue colours, which brought it to life and made it so much more welcoming! I also changed the door into the downstairs ‘bathroom’ to a white door, as it suited the design of the house better

HGNEmj1.png

I then added a unit, made of white marble, on the side. I added an umbrella stand, a plant, an incense stick (you want your house to smell good when you walk in!) and a pile of letters that have been plopped down as you walk in.

KRz2IOe.png

I also changed the downstairs bathroom as it was a little small and pointless as all the rooms were en suites anyway

wsnyvw8.png

zG9buld.png

So I decided to change it into a laundry room instead!

df0bg0g.png

The final room on the ground floor was the living room – which yes you guessed it – was dreary and drab!

7yIX65j.png

4ltBCJI.png

The first thing I did was add a half wall to separate it off from the hallway a little more

MWw5ZEu.png

Then I got to work! I repainted it to white and added a bookshelf and a computer desk to the back half of the room

GyRNX80.png

Opposite the computer desk I added a fish tank and some plants

QBC9GuZ.png

And for the main living area I added green sofas and a rug, as well as an art easel by the windows and a random piece of modern art in the corner I thought was pretty fun

y2L5e40.png

And that’s the ground floor!

SECOND FLOOR

The second floor consists of two bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and a landing/hallway with steps going both up and down, so not a lot of space there.

We’ll start in the hallway which as I said was pretty empty with not a lot of space

rDl45GY.png

I followed the same wall colour as the ground floor hallway, as well as changing the bedroom doors to white double doors (just think they’re classy for bedrooms) and adding a unit, some chairs and a rainbow rug to add a splash of colour

tRUv7wa.png

The first bedroom I decided to make the teenager’s room – here’s what it looked like before

CDr0jxj.png

ZTBU2bp.png

And after some bright colours were splashed everywhere, it looks so much nicer! I love yellow and pink together! We have a typical teenager’s bedroom, with a makeup table and even a gaming area in the part by the door!
dIQGHQj.png

9nLeCIh.png

2nRqONS.png

The en suite for this room was pretty standard, though I’m not so sure about the random walls around the toilet – though I understand – for some reason, the door to the balcony is in the bathroom, and as I decided not to move any doors, I had to just work with it

5JyAdIH.png

oympABq.png

So first I added some curtains for the balcony door so that she can have her privacy

WXvfoFD.png

Then I remodelled the bathroom – I decided to put the shower in the walled off area, so it became a bit of a small shower room

zALu7Jq.png

Then I just added the toilet, the sink, and I added a bath too

jbeBrNC.png

And the teen’s room is done!

Next up, the twin’s room!

I decided to make this room a kid’s room as I’d already done a teen room and would be doing an adult one upstairs. Here’s the before…

6BpWVKt.png

cLPM2Tw.png

And after!

odQYHi0.png

3jHaVgy.png

2UpRsbF.png

MkIYFDs.png

The twin’s ensuite was pretty standard before

ZBqsxfI.png

So, I just had to make it more modern for them – with a few splashes of pink for good measure

Bzb3vi4.png

9JPUt9F.png

WsvHUsJ.png

TOP FLOOR

The top floor is all one room, and was originally an office type room. I decided to change it to a bedroom instead for the parents. This is where I added one room – I wanted them to have an en suite too so I added in two walls – but otherwise I think I did pretty well as keeping the plan the same! :smile:

Here’s the room before…

3TCgENf.png

P2a6rMT.png

7fg2HHE.png

I added the bathroom on the far right and designed the room with a green colour scheme – there’s a dresser area for the husband as well as a walk in wardrobe and a makeup table for the wife (gender stereotypes there, whoops), and a small relaxing area with a fire place and some chairs for the couple to unwind after a long day

RMTreXs.png

LVIdrOz.png

tSLLV9Y.png

RhqmJkz.png

And the en suite…

6GN5lYu.png

2hTYYmi.png

And there we go, my remodelled Affluista Mansion! You can find it on the gallery on my account OliCait or by searching “Affluista Mansion Modern”

Hope you like it! Do you want to see the family I created for the house? Or see another remodel? Let me know! Also, post your own remodels of this or other builds in the comments!

XOX Olicait XOX

Comments