Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2020 should be the perfect year for TS5 because...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It's quite rare anyway. I might not have noticed if I wasn't aware, but I do notice that they do stand around sometimes.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited December 2018
    I think ruining the 20th anniversary by announcing a most likely another very mediocre The Sims game wouldn't make things better.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    It would have been 20 years since the original was released
    30 years since the first Sim City
    15 years since TS2 University & Hot Date
    10 years since TS3 Ambitions and Late Night,
    25 years since Sim Town
    and obviously 5 years since what ever TS4 got in 2015

Lets keep the first year or the decade date important in The Sims!

I mean imagine how cool an awesome TS5 would be to have out celebrating 20 years of The Sims! :smiley:

Grant says 3 more years of Content For The Sims 4. Sims 5 won't happen in 2020.

I didn't know that. I had read that there would be even more time for the sims 4. It will be interesting to see what sims 5 brings.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    What makes everybody think Sims 5 is going to be so much better? It might just turn out to be a bigger cash grabber than Sims 4.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I think that the 20th anniversary would be the right time to announce TS5, for release in early-mid-late 2022. I also think they might get fan input along steps, so, for example, they might when they announce it release art concepts or a picture of a sim, then get our thoughts on it so they can change the art style slightly if necessary. They might then release more images, and do polls and stuff for content, etc. to get us involved while we wait, then they will probably finish the sims 4 off with a few packs in the final year. They will probably release an early trailer or video in late 2020 or early 2021 and then release more trailers every month or 2. If people aren't liking some elements and they can tweak it they probably will.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    I think that the 20th anniversary would be the right time to announce TS5, for release in early-mid-late 2022. I also think they might get fan input along steps, so, for example, they might when they announce it release art concepts or a picture of a sim, then get our thoughts on it so they can change the art style slightly if necessary. They might then release more images, and do polls and stuff for content, etc. to get us involved while we wait, then they will probably finish the sims 4 off with a few packs in the final year. They will probably release an early trailer or video in late 2020 or early 2021 and then release more trailers every month or 2. If people aren't liking some elements and they can tweak it they probably will.

Some SimGuru said there are laws that prevent them from talking about future stuff before it is finished or almost finished.
    I think this is just an excuse to still be the secretive 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EA wants them to be, but it actually doesn't matter.
    EA won't let something like that happen.
    Sims 5 will be worse than 4 in every single aspect until Pets, Seasons, Generations and University are out, at which point enough people will say they like 5 better than 4 to make a difference.
    Just like it is about now that enough people say they like 4 better than 3 that we start to notice.
  • Options
    HausieHausie Posts: 25 Member
    I honestly would be mad if The Sims 5 is coming out next year or as the author said, in 2022. I spent so much money in this game to have all the packs and thinking that I'm gonna need to do it all over again is just... meh. I'm not too sure why people think TS5 is gonna be better than TS4, there is still so much potential and so much more expansions and game packs to come in TS4.